E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > DIY: Do It Yourself

DIY: Do It Yourself
Post here to share or improve your wrench turning skills! All BMW E46 DIY tips, tales, and projects discussed inside. Learn to work on your car and know the right BMW parts you will need!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 01-13-2011, 02:29 PM   #101
mrmaico

My Ride: 04 ZHP, 05 R1200 GS
Quote:
Originally Posted by coby1 View Post
I go thru about 3yrds a month i have so much scrap i just throw it away so depends on what you need.(big piece or small pieces)big pieces i may could sell you some.small pieces are pretty much un-usable(depends)
Mike
So are you doing these for other people now? I may be interested in having mine done. Have you done any ZHP shift knobs in Alcantara?

Thanks.....BB
Old 01-14-2011, 07:05 AM   #102
gadwigeon

My Ride: is not a show car
Quote:
Originally Posted by coby1 View Post
I go thru about 3yrds a month i have so much scrap i just throw it away so depends on what you need.(big piece or small pieces)big pieces i may could sell you some.small pieces are pretty much un-usable(depends)
Mike
How much for a piece big enough to wrap my zhp wheel? Color is not a huge deal. I'd prefer the OE graphite if you have it but if not, I can live with black.

Also, in your original post I saw you wrapped over the original fabric but in the most recent it looks like you removed the original and replaced it. Am I just seeing things? Mine actually has a big hole in it so I'm looking to replace rather than cover.

Thanks
gadwigeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 07:14 PM   #103
coby1
Just Road Miles

My Ride: 325i sport pkg
Quote:
Originally Posted by gadwigeon View Post
How much for a piece big enough to wrap my zhp wheel? Color is not a huge deal. I'd prefer the OE graphite if you have it but if not, I can live with black.

Also, in your original post I saw you wrapped over the original fabric but in the most recent it looks like you removed the original and replaced it. Am I just seeing things? Mine actually has a big hole in it so I'm looking to replace rather than cover.

Thanks
yes i have replaced it like 3 times lol/ the reason i wrapped over the alcantara(to begin with) was that i wanted a black instead of the gray then i started to like the gray(and had figured out how to wrap them) so i stripped off the black and sold the oem gray alcantara wheel for 225.00(reason i never glued the fabric down was to be able to sell or keep etc.)and just wrapped a crappy wheel i boughjt for 60.00(and glued the fabric onto the leather) if you want some alcantara i could sell you some but it cost 100.yrd so you may want to get some ebay fabric to pratice with b4 you start to try the high dollar stuff.

Last edited by coby1; 01-14-2011 at 07:15 PM.
coby1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 06:09 PM   #104
metalman

My Ride: 1999 323i
ok...so i'm gonna ship my wheel to you..of course i'll pay for shipping both ways and let me know how much you'll charge..i know you want to do this for me because you're bored and you could use the extra cash to spend on your wife/girlfriend. pm me.....
metalman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 05:41 AM   #105
mrmaico

My Ride: 04 ZHP, 05 R1200 GS
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalman View Post
ok...so i'm gonna ship my wheel to you..of course i'll pay for shipping both ways and let me know how much you'll charge..i know you want to do this for me because you're bored and you could use the extra cash to spend on your wife/girlfriend. pm me.....
He has turned it into a business. Does very nice work.

http://cobywheel.com/

Mine....

Old 09-27-2011, 09:19 PM   #106
coby1
Just Road Miles

My Ride: 325i sport pkg
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalman View Post
ok..so you know you are bored with your interior and want to send your wheel lol.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0103.jpg
Views:	163
Size:	78.6 KB
ID:	418839   Click image for larger version

Name:	014b.jpeg.jpg
Views:	197
Size:	107.2 KB
ID:	418840  
Old 09-27-2011, 09:39 PM   #107
metalman

My Ride: 1999 323i
are you able to cover this type of wheel? and yes...i know it has woodtrim...that's why i bought it lol...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CIMG0341.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	152.2 KB
ID:	418844   Click image for larger version

Name:	CIMG0342.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	112.5 KB
ID:	418845   Click image for larger version

Name:	CIMG0343.jpg
Views:	64