E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke

Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke
Discuss supercharging, turbocharging and even nitrous and water injection here.
Sponsored by Active Autowerke

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-09-2008, 08:22 PM   #1
Greg Ogden

My Ride: HPF 2.5 M3, E36 M3
Send a message via ICQ to Greg Ogden
Just had a HPF Turbo Stage 2 Installed

I just had a HPF Stage 2 Turbo kit installed on my M3 last week. One of the first things i noticed was the drivability of the car, it was like stock! I couldn't even tell there was a turbo on the car intill i stepped on the pedel and it launched me into my seat! The power was unbelievable and the throttle response was instant. I drove the car from HPF'S shop in portland to bimmerfest in santa Barbara with the guys from HPF and four other customers. And the one thing we all noticed going down was the gas mileage. All four cars were equal on gas and before i had the kit installed i ranged anywhere from 14 to 17 mpg on the highway. But after the install myself and the other three customers were getting around 24 mpg!!! And that was at an average speed of 80 mph. Also i wanted to talk about the customer service i recieved from HPF. I first contacted them to get a qoute on a stage 2. I then recieved an e-mail from them inviting me down for a tour of the shop and a ride in a stage 2, which of course i took them up on the offer. I was impressed with how clean and organized their shop was. David was very friendly and answered all my questions. A couple weeks later i brought my car down to have the turbo installed and david stayed in contact with me the whole time and kept me updated on the progress. Once we were in santa Barbara david and Chris took care of all their customers making sure we had rides around town while our cars were in the show and taking us out on nights around town. All of us had a great time in santa barbara and are looking forward to M-FEST! Chris, David and the rest of the crew at HPF don't call their customers ''customers'' but rather family! I am very satified with the turbo kit and am very proud to be a part of the Horsepower Freaks Family! All you guys at HPF keep up the good work!
Greg Ogden is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 05-09-2008, 08:36 PM   #2
///M3-QTR

My Ride: IR M3
That's nice ! enjoy your car and be safe
Old 05-10-2008, 12:38 AM   #3
leletyM3

My Ride: 05 M3
Nice!! GOod to know!! Is your 6MT or SMG?

HPF Stg2 Turbo 640rwhp, Eisenmann Race 83mmx4, Volk TE37 TA, Toyo T1R, Brembo BBK 380mm 6pots & 345, 6k HID, 6K HID Fogs, Depo Smoked Corners, Strassentech Front Lip, V-CSL Bootlid, V-CSL Diffuser

leletyM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 02:27 AM   #4
InDiGlOM3

My Ride: HPF M3 stg 2.5
Send a message via AIM to InDiGlOM3 Send a message via Yahoo to InDiGlOM3
Whats up greg, Family is right we all had a blast and Chris and David do anything in there power to make there customers happy, Bimmerfest was awesome Sure hope I can make it to M-fest unless the army has me in the field.

About the gas milage from Portland to Cali is was almost 25, the math came out to like 24.8 but who is looking that close? I actually got up in the 27MPG range on the way from Santa Barbara back to TX, prolly because I wasnt with everyone else and always romping on the gas every other minute.
Old 05-10-2008, 08:07 AM   #5
zracer196

My Ride: 05' M3 AA SC!!
Let's see...

$20K for the kit...That buys how many gallons of gas? About 5500! LOL I think I'll pass on this method of saving gas or getting better mileage! J/K

No really...That is a BIG SWING there...Shows the car is barely working with the turbo!

2006 Yamaha R6 - Bone Stock - FOR SALE

2007 KTM XCF 250 - R2 Suspension / Fasst Bars / FMF Ti Pipe / Ohlins Damper
zracer196 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 03:12 PM   #6
Greg Ogden

My Ride: HPF 2.5 M3, E36 M3
Send a message via ICQ to Greg Ogden
it's a 6 speed.
Old 05-11-2008, 09:56 PM   #7
SPDu4ea

My Ride: .
Looks like Chris has more testimonials to put on his site
SPDu4ea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 10:04 PM   #8
Miami///M3

My Ride: 2006 E46 M3 ZCP
Congrats and enjoy!
Old 05-12-2008, 10:55 AM   #9
jstaylor

My Ride: 04 M3 HPF Stg2 vert
Greg, great to meet you and the rest of the guys in Santa Barbara. I have to agree with everything you said above. As one of the first few HPF customers I was immediately impressed with the quality of service provided by Chris and Dave. As I've spent some time with the car (albeit not that much as it sat idle during the LOOOOONG Minnesota winter) I've continued to have frequent contact with not only Chris and Dave, but also Josh, JP, and Aaron. Any concern I've had has been quickly addressed. Chris even went out of his way to make sure my car was up and running perfectly when I had an issue that didn't have anything to do with my HPF install or the HPF kit. I still had the original Bremi coils on my car that are known to have issues. After running the HPF kit on stage two for a bit the coils finally went kaput and I was dropping two cylinders. Chris and his team worked with my local shop (quick shout out to Seth at JB Eurotech. Awesome guy and awesome shop) to make sure everything got taken care of and the car was back to tip top shape. Chris wanted to make sure I was getting full enjoyment ouf of the car and has followed up a couple of times since the issue was fixed. The car is now running great!! I haven't been able to get anyone to bite on a race yet but that is just a matter of time. I'm just really enjoying being able to cruise around town with the car driving at least as smoothly as stock but also knowing that I can run with anything on the road if I decide to get on the throttle. The car is just soooooo damn fun!! Anyway, just wanted to add my two cents. Sorry to thread-jack.
jstaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 11:22 AM   #10
HPF Chris
Past Site Sponsor

My Ride: 2002 M3, 2006 530i
Thanks you guys. We appreciate having you as customers and it was great spending time with you all at Bimmerfest. Let's do it again for MFest (which is coming... August 29-31)

I will definitely add these to our list of HPF testimonials on the kit.
Here are the current ones I have... (If you have a kit and haven't let us know what you think, please post up your opinions)

http://www.horsepowerfreaks.com/prod...rbo_Kits/13291

Thanks.
Chris.
HPF Chris is offline   Reply With Quote