E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Classifieds > For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy > Complete Cars

Complete Cars
List your BMW or other cars, trucks or vehicles for sale.

Don't forget to search for deals on craigslist and eBay Motors

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-11-2008, 11:56 AM   #1
LarryTwohig

My Ride: 05 ZCP M3 6MT
NY FS: 2005 BMW M3 6spd Blk 15k COMPETITION NAVI 100k-WARRANTY

I have this listed on ebay at the following link, so please check out for more pics, and call me at the number below if you wish to see her this week, or if you have a reasonable offer.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BMW-M...spagenameZWDVW

Vehicle Description

2005 BMW e46 M3 6-spd Manual Coupe Jet Black, Competition Package, Still Under Factory Warranty thru 2009, Extended Transferable Bumper-to-Bumper Warranty to 8 Years/100k mi

Inspection II complete, Perfectly Maintained, Babied Baby Transporter, Forged 19" Wheels, Navigation

The need for 4 doors has made this sale necessary. I'd love to keep her, but at the rate my boy is growing, a sports coupe is simply impractical.

I bought her late last year (registered in December) as a family car (it took much convincing with the missus... ("Well, hun, faster cars are actually SAFER when merging onto highways, really!***8221, and she has served her purpose well - weekend jaunts with the toddler, and the occasional trip out to dinner on a weeknight. I've only put 3k responsible miles on the car (I've been driving like a monk with the kiddo in the back seat and my better half within striking distance!), so rest assured, this has not been worn out as a NYC daily commuter or abused by a boy racer like other used M3s.

In fact, the first owner, according to the dealer I bought her from in Queens, was an elderly doctor in Connecticut. I happened across some old medical documentation and CDs in the glove box - so, unless they were planted by the dealer, it seems true! Regardless of who the prior owner was, he or she obviously maintained this vehicle meticulously for the first 12k miles of her life, and being a country car originally, she's in much better shape than any city vehicles that have resided their entire lives in this locale. And to maintain her condition, this winter, she's been off the road whenever poor weather prevailed.

When I bought her last December, I was obviously planning to keep her forever, so I pickup up an extended bumper-to-bumper warranty, good for 8yrs/100k miles. This won't kick in until after the current factory warranty is up, of course, but rest assured that you're fully covered, as both warranties stay with the car, no matter the owner! That means fully transferable, folks!

Maintenance is the #1 cost factor in all BMW's not under warranty, especially pre-owned performance models, like the M3. Buying a cheaper one, an older model, or a model with more mileage will cost you more in repairs within a few short months, and tons more over a couple years, even though you think you're getting a great deal up front. So be aware. I learned that lesson the hard way when I owned my e36 M3 a couple years ago. She cost me over $6000.00 the first year alone in necessary repairs! Haha! Never again will I own a bimmer without a warranty, mark my words!

This M3 has not been raced, tracked, or otherwise abused! BMW of Manhattan, where I've brought her to remedy some little niggles (a squeaky rear deck and a springy noise from the rear suspension - both common to this model and year, and now both gone!) - was amazed at the condition she's in! And if you're worried about wear and tear, please know that the Inspection II (the big one!) was completed last year, and another is not due for another 11k miles, or about a year from now! I do not have the past service history, but from the car's computer, the dealer gathered this info, and unless you're a master hacker, this can only be entered and modified by a certified BMW dealer. I have all the receipts for work done while the car was under my guise, namely riddance of the above niggles, a small dent removal, an oil change, and a full wheel alignment.

I replaced the original tires (Michelin Pilot Sports - $1600 bones installed!) only 1k miles ago, and am religious about checking tire pressure every week, not to mention the oil levels, which have not changed since I've owned her. Everything else checks out A-OK, nothing otherwise worn, or in need of replacement. Oil changes can be done more frequently, depending on your driving habits, but are not mandatory according to BMW. Still, BMW advises keeping an eye on the oil levels frequently as a preventative measure. She has been hand-washed by at least every other week through the winter, or when dirty.

These 10-spoke brushed FORGED aluminum 19" wheels came as an option (extra $3k I believe) on the competition package and are STRONGER than the spun-cast BBS wheel that you typically see on the competition package M3s. As such, people don't even recognize this as a competition package, until they notice the alcantara steering wheel, textured aluminum trim, drilled brake rotors, small lip spoiler, and - of course - my dust. No spare is included with the competition package, only a tire repair kit, which I also replaced through BMW of Manhattan, as it was missing when I purchased the car. The M-motorsport wheels are slightly curbed, moreso on the right side (from previous owner), but nothing to be alarmed by. The curbing is repairable, but BMW of Manhattan said to not even bother. This is to be expected with 19" rims. 3 of the 4 wheels exhibit road rash (more noticeable on the right side), but the dealer has assured me that these are purely aesthetic nuisances, and nothing to be worried about from a functional standpoint. My pricing has been set to allow for you to have some spending moey should you wish to have these touched up by a bmw dealer!

Since I've owned her, she's been parked off-street at home, in a parking garage in Manhattan when used into the city, or in the farthest reaches of supermarket and shopping mall parking lots to avoid annoying door dingers.

She has no rust, and the small dent in the rear driver-side quarter panel that existed when I bought her has been removed, as mentioned above (without repainting) by BMW of Manhattan. The clutch engages smoothly and progressively, and it feels as strong and as buttery as new - providing much better feel and control than any SMG transmission out there! Trust me, try for yourself, and you'll quickly tire of that herky-jerky nonsense - heck, even BMW is switching to a double-clutch design for their autos now! But of course, for TRUE DRIVING ENTHUSIASTS, there is no substitute for a good old manual tranny - come on; prove you've got some skills!!

There is absolutely nothing wrong with this M3 - she drives straight as an arrow and stops on a dime. No wrecks, no dings, no dents, no paintwork, no squeaks, no rattles, no engine clatter or vibrations - no surprises, no worries! Just a solid piece of German-engineered machinery. There are a couple small scratches on the rear bumper (which I have touched up with a touch-up kit purchased from BMW), as is to be expected on a black car with original paint - hardly noticeable, except when the sun hits them just right and when you're looking for them, so they didn't bother me enough to warrant repainting the bumper. I tried to catch them in a picture, but they wouldn't even come out!

The leather sport seats are not ripped or marked. They have a minimal amount of wear. These are some of the most comfortable seats in any car. They are fully adjustable and supportive, so you can drive all day in comfort. The dash and center console are spotless. The carpets are clean and it is smoke-free.

The title is clean and there is no salvage history or flooding to worry about. Again, there is no catch - this is simply the nicest, cleanest E46 M3 you will find at this price point, period.

I've rarely revved the engine past 5k rpm, which is where it really comes alive, save for the occasional sprint through the Battery Tunnel or Broad Channel. The engine sound must be experienced to be believed. Race-cars perform better at higher RPMs, and BMW's M3 engine is no exception. Redline is 8000rpm on this mechanical wonder, if you dare to take her there. The exotic European snarl from the famous (and now out-of production) straight-six is euphoric, and it doesn't even demand irrational speeds to be enjoyed! Speed comes on linearly as revs build, and the car reacts telepathically to every steering input you make, or think about making! Folks, this is one of the BEST chassis designs, period, and one of the best-ever engines, period, of ANY road-going vehicle ever produced. If I had the money, I'd sure as hell keep her as a collectible!

Important to note during this period of sky-rocketing gas prices is the mileage I get. I've averaged over 20mpg with combined highway/city driving, and 26mpg while cruising on the highway alone! For a 4.9sec 0-60 F-1-bred sports car with 333bhp, this is PHENOMENAL! Call me a 'fraidy-cat, but I typically get over 300 miles from a full tank of 93-octane gas.

This M3 feels stronger than other e46 M3s I've driven (about 5 before I decided on this one), and WAY stronger than my last e36 M3. I also tested the new 335i beforehand, but I opted for the racier vehicle, which is lighter, and has no issues with oil-cooling and complicated turbos. Maybe it's just me, but the newer BMWs seem to have lost that racy edge, and the interior is pure crap... no longer driver-oriented, no longer the nice cockpit feel that you get in this e46! The e46 feels much more 'primal' and nimble that newer offerings. She feels more 'solid', more 'racy', more 'raw' - and the controls, especially the throttle, feel much more responsive in this car than 335i. Another point of contention was the steering. The rack and pinion setup in this e46 M3 is much quicker (one of the features of the competition package is faster steering ratio) and the cornering flatter.

Call me crazy, but when deciding between leasing a 335i and owning an e46 M3 - there's just no doubt in my mind which is the better deal! You have a chance here to own a piece of motorsport history! And at a fraction of the cost of the newest soon-to-be released overweight M3! You will quickly agree that newer is not always better! I also checked out and test-drove the Infiniti G37 Sport, a very nice car in its own right, but there's simply no space for anybody in the back seat, or room for anything in the trunk! Plus, come on, this is a friggin' M3. Do you want to pull up to that cocktail party or wedding reception in a German luxury classy car, or a glorified Nissan?! Haha!

She was simply the best choice when I decided on a car, and she was still the best choice when I had the opportunity (financially) to 'upgrade' to a newer bimmer. Straight from a dealer, any certified pre-owned BMW dealer, you won't find one that has all the wrinkles ironed out like this has. No Squeaks, no rattles, no worries, no surprises!!

If you're serious about purchasing this car, you are welcome to come over for a test drive, but no joy rides please. I baby her, and I hope to pass her along to somebody who'll treat her equally as well! But I do anticipate that you'll want to open her up a bit when it's a safe time to do so! I personally have never bought sight-unseen, but with this vehicle you can trust that it is as I have described. I sold my 2002 Firehawk as well as my 1998 e36 M3 through Ebay with no hassles, and I have an excellent 100% positive feedback rating. I will work with you to arrange shipping, and I can also pick you up from JFK, LaGuardia or Manhattan if you want to drive her home.

As far as payment goes, I accept wire transfer or Certified/Bank check. Paypal can be used for the deposit to hold her. IMPORTANT: due to countless scammers out there now, we will have to wait until the funds clear on my end before I will release the keys. A $500 deposit is to be made within three days of end of auction for me to hold the car, and full payment is required seven days (five business days) after the auction's end. Obviously, I will also accept cash in person.

This vehicle is being sold as is. I have made a diligent effort to accurately describe and photograph the vehicle. I have many more photos if the ones presented don't show something you're looking for. I reserve the right to cancel bids and end the auction early, as it is also listed elsewhere. No bidders with negative feedback and no bidders with less than a feedback of 10 are permitted. Their bids will be cancelled unless I am contacted by email explaining the situation beforehand. Bidding is a legal contract for your intent to purchase. Placing your bid on this auction constitutes your agreement and acceptance of these terms and conditions.

Your key is waiting. Twist it and summon the roar from your new BMW M3! Rarely do such style, luxury, performance, prestige, utility, and affordability all come in one package - and rarely is such a classy-looking sleeper a simultaneous head-turner!

So take advantage of this opportunity and bid to win!

Re-cap:

Inspection complete: no worries, no surprises
Only driven 3k miles since purchased last year - family car - babied baby transporter
New Tires, strong clutch
Rare 6-speed competition package - the perfect blend of sport and practicality
Low mileage given the year
Country car, owned by two professionals
Off-street private parking & garaged while in NYC
In between the too heavy new M3/335i and the not-so-utilitarian and softer G37
Rarely over 5k revs! Reserved, mature, responsible driver - no silly tail-out antics
A pleasure to drive on a daily basis
Bullet-proof exotic inline-6 engine
Quiet idle and explosive acceleration
No hesitation or vibration
Ultra-smooth transmission
Liquid paint and jet black is easily the best a color of all BMWs
The boys at BMW of Manhattan remarked that it is in better condition than many 2008 cars showing up to the shop!
Options include: competition package, forged 19" wheels, navigation, power windows, locks, and seats, air conditioning, ASC, sunroof.
Will hold value well over time and is a TON of car for the money.
Clean title
Low insurance rates
Second to last model year of this hard-to-find racy-feeling ultimate driving machine!

Selling locally for $42k, which is less than what I still owe... ick! But I paid extra for the extended warranty, well worth the peace of mind with a bmw!

I will overnight the title to you, once your payment has cleared and the lien is removed...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	small 1.jpg
Views:	164
Size:	329.7 KB
ID:	270892   Click image for larger version

Name:	small 2.jpg
Views:	154
Size:	244.7 KB
ID:	270893   Click image for larger version

Name:	small 3.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	327.2 KB
ID:	270894   Click image for larger version

Name:	small 4.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	275.1 KB
ID:	270895  

Last edited by LarryTwohig; 05-11-2008 at 12:07 PM. Reason: added to description
LarryTwohig is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 05-13-2008, 08:37 AM   #2
LarryTwohig

bump
Old 05-15-2008, 08:54 AM   #3
LarryTwohig

bump
Old 05-17-2008, 11:24 AM   #4
LarryTwohig