E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Lighting Forum

Lighting Forum
Angel Eyes, DDEs, lighted rings, Clear Turn Signals, LEDs, Xenon, HID, or Bi-Xenon. If it lights up and you want to discuss it, post here!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-11-2008, 11:42 PM   #1
Bkz325i
N|Y|C

My Ride: 2002, 325i
Send a message via AIM to Bkz325i
Umnitza Predator Orion's Vs. MYCARR LED Angel Eyes

Ok.. There Set at the Same Price..And both claiming to have the highest light output.. Is there any difference??

MYCARR LED Angel Eyes

Umnitza Predator Orion's

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 05-11-2008, 11:44 PM   #2
tom @ eas
european auto source

My Ride: e92 S/C M3
Covered countless times, both kits are manufactured by MYCARR.

All the info you need is in this thread with videos, pictures and FAQ: http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=564135

Neither kit will matter after our announcement this week, stay tuned.
tom @ eas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 11:54 PM   #3
umnitza

My Ride: E39M5, Sequoia
Send a message via Yahoo to umnitza
Predator Orion is slightly brighter than Predator Chromium.

We've been down this road before.
Countless promises by the competition for 5+ years running now, claiming that they "have it".

We heard it when DDE Titanium was trotted out as the "it" product - only to be a poor fit, non-OE look, and uneven output.

We heard it when Chromium was around and a Raptor product was introduced, only to be discovered to be a poor knock off of the Chromium rings and a poorly designed inoperable heating element that solved none of the cold weather problems it purported to solve.

Then RaceDash came out and lowered the price, enlarged the ballasts, and still, people purchased the product they knew was the best.

Well, no matter what announcement the competition can come out with, it will not overcome anything we have planned.

Do you want brighter, controlled output? That's coming with Orion version 2.
Do you want brighter color changing output? That's coming with Orion Version 2.5

Let's face it folks, there isn't much to "innovate" - sure, you could purchase the eLight product we now carry from the german manufacturer and integrate the angel eyes into the iBus of the car. It's not necessary, and too problematic.

If there is an innovation, go with the time and again leader in innovation for the angel eyes product line. Go with an Umnitza product.
Old 05-12-2008, 12:04 AM   #4
Owtlaw333

My Ride: 2009 Mazdaspeed 3 GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by umnitza View Post
Predator Orion is slightly brighter than Predator Chromium.

We've been down this road before.
Countless promises by the competition for 5+ years running now, claiming that they "have it".

We heard it when DDE Titanium was trotted out as the "it" product - only to be a poor fit, non-OE look, and uneven output.

We heard it when Chromium was around and a Raptor product was introduced, only to be discovered to be a poor knock off of the Chromium rings and a poorly designed inoperable heating element that solved none of the cold weather problems it purported to solve.

Then RaceDash came out and lowered the price, enlarged the ballasts, and still, people purchased the product they knew was the best.

Well, no matter what announcement the competition can come out with, it will not overcome anything we have planned.

Do you want brighter, controlled output? That's coming with Orion version 2.
Do you want brighter color changing output? That's coming with Orion Version 2.5

Let's face it folks, there isn't much to "innovate" - sure, you could purchase the eLight product we now carry from the german manufacturer and integrate the angel eyes into the iBus of the car. It's not necessary, and too problematic.

If there is an innovation, go with the time and again leader in innovation for the angel eyes product line. Go with an Umnitza product.
Should we bug you with time estimates, or shall we just be patient?

productionof1.com
|||_Buy my photos?_|||
Owtlaw333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 12:12 AM   #5
umnitza

Just be patient.
Old 05-12-2008, 12:14 AM   #6
Owtlaw333

My Ride: 2009 Mazdaspeed 3 GT
Quote:
Just be patient.
Will do

productionof1.com
|||_Buy my photos?_|||
Owtlaw333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 08:28 AM   #7
Bkz325i
N|Y|C

My Ride: 2002, 325i
Send a message via AIM to Bkz325i
Cool thnkz for the info!!
Old 05-12-2008, 09:53 AM   #8
RangerX

My Ride: '03 330i / '04 Z4
Send a message via AIM to RangerX Send a message via MSN to RangerX
Quote:
Wait, what? Color changing? What do you mean exactly?

RangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 12:12 PM   #9
tom @ eas
european auto source

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom @ eas View Post
Covered countless times, both kits are manufactured by MYCARR.

All the info you need is in this thread with videos, pictures and FAQ: http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=564135

Neither kit will matter after our announcement this week, stay tuned.

Announcement has been made: http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=573806
Old 05-12-2008, 01:21 PM   #10
umnitza

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=573832
Old 05-12-2008, 01:46 PM   #11
Jlevi SW
1.888.JLEVISW

My Ride: Vorsteiner 335i
Send a message via AIM to Jlevi SW
Time and time again Umnitza has proven that they are the leaders in angel eye technology.

-First it was Jim Powell LED DDE's, Umnitza improved them...
-Then it was Gen I-GenV, which Umnitza improved
-Then it was Predator Lightning, which Umnitza enhanced and upgraded...
-Then when Umnitza began developing their own kits, it was Predator Titanium versus Predator Chromium. Heard anything about Titanium lately? Chromium is still the best seller of all time
-Then there was Leistung, with their super neat angel eye kit that was 'better ' - anyone remember Leistung? Right.
-Now it's MyCarr supplying the products... great.. cool. Remember when Jim Powell (Apexcone) was making all the DDE Lightning kits, and yet the ones from Umnitza were upgraded and better? Same scenario. MyCarr makes kits for Umnitza. Awesome! Cool! Great work guys, only took you 3 years to find out information that is available by Google. The difference is, Umnitza enhances their kits with a Chrome backing, and uses slightly different fit and finish components

Now we have this whole Orion product release, and once again, everyone wants to be the robber baron of angel eyes. What nobody seems to understand is that Umnitza is the pioneer in this technology, leading the market, and developing unique products by aggregating resources from multiple suppliers. No, the Chromium harnesses aren't made from MyCarr, they come separate. No, the ML-030 that MyCarr sells to the public is NOT the same exact ring as what they sell to Umnitza...

And since Umnitza is, well, the same price, why would you buy the one without the minor upgrades and brand name recognition that comes from buying an Umnitza product. You can say that having a slightly better product is not worth the extra money - but wait - they cost the same.

Fact of the matter is, we can buy our angel eye kits from anywhere. They would be a lot cheaper if we went direct to Asia like many companies seem to be doing now. We forgo that extra profit, and we pay a premium to Umnitza, because their kits have proven to be superior time and time again. Trust me, it's not because we have a crush on Matt, the owner. Have any of you met the guy?

We will continue to support Umnitza until such time as their products cease to be superior to the competition - don't hold your breath, though.
Jlevi SW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 02:50 PM   #12
RangerX

My Ride: '03 330i / '04 Z4
Send a message via AIM to RangerX Send a message via MSN to RangerX
So tell me more about this color changing ****.... I dig I dig.

RangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 02:55 PM   #13
umnitza

I like to wait until either I have the product ready for consumption. I just didn't want people to get the wrong impression that somehow, someone beat us to the market on something that is our bread and butter.
Old 05-12-2008, 04:10 PM   #14
Sam 330ci

My Ride: 03 530i
Send a message via AIM to Sam 330ci
oh no not another one of these...

If you want Angel Eyes, you buy from Umnitza. It's as simple as that.

If you want wheels you go with BBS.

If you want brakes you go with Brembo.

If you want shocks you go with Bilstein.

If you want Angel Eyes you go with Umnitza.

There are competitors, there are imitators, but the best in the business is listed above.

There are those who buy from the competitors/imitators, but for the vast majority of us, we go with the Brand name in many segments, from car parts to food at the shopping market.

Umnitza does Angel Eyes.

/thread.
Old 05-12-2008, 04:14 PM   #15
tom @ eas
european auto source

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam 325i View Post

There are competitors, there are imitators, but the best in the business is listed above.

There are those who buy from the competitors/imitators, but for the vast majority of us, we go with the Brand name in many segments, from car parts to food at the shopping market.

Umnitza does Angel Eyes.

/thread.
I don't even know where to begin with this post.

In the end, the customer has a choice depending on product quality, pricing and customer service. If all cars were modded using the same parts, it would make for a very dull BMW world.
Old 05-12-2008, 04:29 PM   #16
jose325i

My Ride: 08 BMW 135i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam 325i View Post

Umnitza does Angel Eyes.

/thread.

Very true...
Old 05-12-2008, 04:42 PM   #17
Sam 330ci

My Ride: 03 530i
Send a message via AIM to Sam 330ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom @ eas View Post
I don't even know where to begin with this post.

In the end, the customer has a choice depending on product quality, pricing and customer service. If all cars were modded using the same parts, it would make for a very dull BMW world.

Sorry dude, but what I listed was the top of the line products, what most would consider the best in the business.

Umnitza is right there with Angel Eyes.
Old 05-13-2008, 11:50 AM   #18
M0nk3y
Banned

My Ride: 2002 325xi
Here we go again. The facts have already been proven. JleviSW has already said it. No need to say it again
M0nk3y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 12:19 PM   #19
Jlevi SW
1.888.JLEVISW

My Ride: Vorsteiner 335i
Send a message via AIM to Jlevi SW
It took a long time and a LOT of back and forth for people to realize it, but I'm glad that this time around, people understand.

Don't get me wrong - if you need iPod integration kits, Umnitza is not your choice. But for Angel Eyes..
JL
Jlevi SW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 01:55 PM   #20
UncleDon

My Ride: '05 325iT '86 911
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jlevi SW View Post
It took a long time and a LOT of back and forth for people to realize it, but I'm glad that this time around, people understand.

Don't get me wrong - if you need iPod integration kits, Umnitza is not your choice. But for Angel Eyes..
JL
I have an iPod integration kit that I purchased a couple years ago. It has had two firmware updates and it continues to work perfectly. The updates went very smoothly thanks to the excellent support from Tom@eas. Last fall when I wanted to upgrade my iPod, I asked if I would need to also upgrade to a newer iPod integration kit. Tom gave me an honest answer and helped me save money by choosing an iPod that would work great with my existing kit.

In contrast, I had an Umnitza Predator Chromium kit that I also purchased a couple years ago. Within a year I had problems and failures with a ring and two ballasts. This was in addition to the typical cold weather issues that plagued these kits. To make matters worse, I purchased this Umnitza branded kit from JLevi SW. They charged handling fees for warranty parts, and the warranty process took months to completely resolve thanks to their poor customer service.

Of course this is just my personal experience, but I think you can guess which two vendors I would never do business with again.