E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke

Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke
Discuss supercharging, turbocharging and even nitrous and water injection here.
Sponsored by Active Autowerke

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-25-2008, 02:11 PM   #1
rage2

My Ride: CLK63 BS, C63 AMG
Talking Another HPF Stage 2 on the road

Hey Everyone.

TC Motorsport up here in Calgary finished up my HPF Stage 2 install last week, and we unveiled the car at the Toyo/Mobil1 DTP show in Calgary last night. Not many Canadians have heard of or seen of the HPF kit, so the car got quite a bit of attention at the show, especially from other S/C M3'ers at the show. Mostly, the Dinan S/C M3 guys were absolutely pissed off when they compared the price of the HPF kit vs how much they spent.

I ended up going home with the Best Performance Engine award, beating out several single turbo Supras, single turbo Skyline GT-R's, and my buddy's G35 fully built twin turbo motor (he made 60whp less than the HPF kit). Goes to show how awesome the HPF kit is!

It's too bad I didn't have time to install the rest of the stuff (brakes, CF interior, more ICE stuff) so I didn't get a chance to win anything for the BMW categories. Here's a few pics of the car from the show.

Thank you the entire crew at HPF. You guys are the most professional shop we've ever dealth with! And the kit... just speechless!
rage2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 05-25-2008, 02:48 PM   #2
e46stallion

My Ride: fwd
Send a message via AIM to e46stallion
love it man!! thats my dream set up
Old 05-25-2008, 03:03 PM   #3
leletyM3

My Ride: 05 M3
Congrats !!! I love the HPF kit!!

HPF Stg2 Turbo 640rwhp, Eisenmann Race 83mmx4, Volk TE37 TA, Toyo T1R, Brembo BBK 380mm 6pots & 345, 6k HID, 6K HID Fogs, Depo Smoked Corners, Strassentech Front Lip, V-CSL Bootlid, V-CSL Diffuser

leletyM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2008, 03:28 PM   #4
sheefo2k
OEM ///Member

My Ride: vrm psh - 02 325ci
Fabio has the first hpf kit in canada!!

nice ride btw

Performance BMW car
Sponsored by :
www.euro-spec.net
www.bimmian.com
BMW Motorwerks

support:

www.vmwerks.com
www.esstuning.com
www.my330i.com
sheefo2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2008, 04:37 PM   #5
rage2

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheefo2k View Post
Fabio has the first hpf kit in canada!!

nice ride btw
Yep! Not many people heard of HPF in western Canada tho, pretty much just the FI M3 crowd reading about it. Everyone's itchin' for a ride when I run my lapping days.
Old 05-25-2008, 05:04 PM   #6
asianjedi

My Ride: heaby & good rookin'
Send a message via AIM to asianjedi
Damn...all these verts getting the HPF kit. Congrats.

May I make a couple of tiny suggestions before you do the brakes, CF interior, and ice?

Body color matched reflectors, clear signal bulbs and new darker wheels will complete your ride especially on the show circuit. Rule of thumb....amber and chrome is the enemy....rofl.

Just my opinion though take it or leave it. But these things will help the rest of the car to stand up to the aggressiveness of the turboozzzzz.

BTW, if you are on M3F post up on the vert roll call.

Racing Dynamics l Martin Motorsports l Custom Performace Innovations
asianjedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2008, 06:14 PM   #7
rage2

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianjedi View Post
Damn...all these verts getting the HPF kit. Congrats.

May I make a couple of tiny suggestions before you do the brakes, CF interior, and ice?

Body color matched reflectors, clear signal bulbs and new darker wheels will complete your ride especially on the show circuit. Rule of thumb....amber and chrome is the enemy....rofl.

Just my opinion though take it or leave it. But these things will help the rest of the car to stand up to the aggressiveness of the turboozzzzz.

BTW, if you are on M3F post up on the vert roll call.
Thanks for the tips! I'm not really a show guy, more of a track rat that throws cars into shows here and there, so a lot of this stuff is still new to me.

I'll definately look into those small changes. The only chrome I have is the side M3 vents... the wheels are just machined and polished, not chrome. I wanted something a bit different than the dark wheels on black car look on this car, since all my other cars have that look. I'll was planning on changing out those vents to CF because they're a b!tch to keep water spots off them after a wash.

As for M3F, I used to lurk there quite often, but I stopped since the childish attacks on HPF by the moderators which I thought was unwarranted.
Old 05-26-2008, 07:19 AM   #8
supersickbimmer

My Ride: 617rwhp M3
Congrats buddy. It's good to see another Canadian with a HPF kit. Your going to love it.
Old 05-26-2008, 08:26 AM   #9
asianjedi

My Ride: heaby & good rookin'
Send a message via AIM to asianjedi
Quote:
Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
Thanks for the tips! I'm not really a show guy, more of a track rat that throws cars into shows here and there, so a lot of this stuff is still new to me.

I'll definately look into those small changes. The only chrome I have is the side M3 vents... the wheels are just machined and polished, not chrome. I wanted something a bit different than the dark wheels on black car look on this car, since all my other cars have that look. I'll was planning on changing out those vents to CF because they're a b!tch to keep water spots off them after a wash.

As for M3F, I used to lurk there quite often, but I stopped since the childish attacks on HPF by the moderators which I thought was unwarranted.
I hear ya. It is strange over there regarding HPF. Anyway, the vert roll call over there is a like our own forum.

Again, congrats on the boost!

Racing Dynamics l Martin Motorsports l Custom Performace Innovations
asianjedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 09:23 AM   #10
GJGM3
Gonz997

My Ride: Porsche 997
Congrats on an awesome setup! There's another black 'vert stage 2 HPF just south of the boarder from you! Actually an IR red coupe too. That setup is VIOLENTLY fast as I'm certain you know!

Like Scott said - check out 'Vert Roll Call.

GONZ997 - GJGM3 Replacement
Mods in Progress
GJGM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 03:49 PM   #11
johnjohnsonS54

My Ride: e46 M3
Congrats on the new HPF kit! I've been dying to see this kit in the flesh and I'm glad somebody in Calgary beat me to it. Is TC motorsports the shop that Tunerwerkes uses for all of their installs? I've been thinking about the VF stage 2 for a while but lately I've been leaning towards the hpf stage 2 like yourself. I'd also like to see what the new AA gen 5 kit with the asa blower brings to the table.
You've gotta let me know the next time you're out showing that sucker off. I'm always on m3 forum and I agree that it's retarded how they treat hpf considering the progress they've made in the bmw F/I industry.

Note to self: don't f@#k with the CB vert on five spokes on the way to banff this summer hahaha

Last edited by johnjohnsonS54; 05-26-2008 at 04:05 PM.
johnjohnsonS54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 04:36 PM   #12
2003330i

My Ride: SC'330izhp,09 335i,
the car looks very nice. congrats.
btw what gauges are those?
Old 05-26-2008, 04:44 PM   #13
Hugo780

My Ride: E46,z4,x5
plz dont voice out for other canadians...we all know about HPF turbo. Making us sound like newbs in a way. you know what i mean. Are you still set to 700 hp? Isnt there a limit like 550 hp allowed road legal in canada?
Hugo780 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 06:58 PM   #14
rage2

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjohnsonS54 View Post
Congrats on the new HPF kit! I've been dying to see this kit in the flesh and I'm glad somebody in Calgary beat me to it. Is TC motorsports the shop that Tunerwerkes uses for all of their installs? I've been thinking about the VF stage 2 for a while but lately I've been leaning towards the hpf stage 2 like yourself. I'd also like to see what the new AA gen 5 kit with the asa blower brings to the table.
You've gotta let me know the next time you're out showing that sucker off. I'm always on m3 forum and I agree that it's retarded how they treat hpf considering the progress they've made in the bmw F/I industry.
TC Motorsport used to do installs for TW until both shops moved. I'm not sure who TW uses for installs now.

In Calgary, at 3700ft elevation, the S/C cars lose quite a bit of power compared to sea level. I've driven several S/C M3's both here and in Vancouver, and it's a lot slower here, much like NA cars. HPF's kit doesn't have this problem, it adjusts boosts to compensate for the lower air pressure, so it makes the same power at sea level, thus beating out the S/C cars by an even larger margin.

I'd be more than happy to give u a ride, shoot me a PM once this stupid rain stops, hopefully next week haha. I'm mostly on beyond.ca (I own the site) so you can track me down there too. I *should* be at Race City on the 17th for a track day too, as long as I don't have to fly out for work (which is looking more and more like it at this point).

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjohnsonS54 View Post
Note to self: don't f@#k with the CB vert on five spokes on the way to banff this summer hahaha
haha I only take 1A going to Banff. I'm a corner carver, and 1A is like a mini Nurburgring hehe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2003330i View Post
the car looks very nice. congrats.
btw what gauges are those?
Those are the HPF AEM gauges that comes with the kit. Boost and AFR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugo780 View Post
plz dont voice out for other canadians...we all know about HPF turbo. Making us sound like newbs in a way. you know what i mean. Are you still set to 700 hp? Isnt there a limit like 550 hp allowed road legal in canada?
There's a lot of guys that's never heard of it because they're not on forums. Only a real small percentage of guys modding cars actually go on forums.

There's no legal HP limit here haha. There's tons of 1000+hp cars in town.
Old 05-27-2008, 03:53 AM   #15
johnjohnsonS54

My Ride: e46 M3
Thanks rage2, I would very much appreciate a ride in your hpf vert and I will be in touch! You make a good point with regards to the boost and elevation......that's something I never thought about too seriously but at this altitude I'm sure there is a substantial difference. For the record, your hpf gauges seem to look better than what I've seen in other pics. Do they have a bluish backlight or is that just how they appear in that particular photo?
johnjohnsonS54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 09:51 AM   #16
rage2

It's a black face... the blue is the background reflection. I believe it comes with black and white so you can choose what to use. White didn't really fit with my car.
Old 05-27-2008, 07:38 PM   #17
Evil Twin Rob

My Ride: 2004 M3
Holy crap, these Carbon Black HPF M3's are multiplying like crazy! Congrats on the kit!
Old 05-27-2008, 07:57 PM   #18
Greg Ogden

My Ride: HPF 2.5 M3, E36 M3
Send a message via ICQ to Greg Ogden
Wow i think this is like the third vert with an HPF Kit, Congrats!
Old 05-27-2008, 09:02 PM   #19
mtran850

My Ride: C6 Z06
Hey, Rob add another carbon black on your list, it is HPF S3
mtran850 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 10:50 PM   #20
billetboy

My Ride: Pontiac GP
Interesting to see a local M3 with the kit.

The turbo manifolds are made close to Calgary by STEED SPEED. Also Fidelity machine in Calgary made the mold for the Methanol tanks + the tanks are molded in Alberta too.

Not just drilling for oil here after all eh!
billetboy is offline   Reply With Quote