E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Love Line

Love Line

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-14-2008, 07:57 PM   #1
bavari13

My Ride: ZHP & E90 335i
Seeing a girl you work with

I'm interning at JP Morgan and seeing this girl I work with. We get breakfast every morning, go to lunch, and talk all day. Now, not only is it kinda weird to work with someone you're seeing but everyone at the office has asked me what's good. I've played it cool and really didn't say anything.

She goes to my school but is a year younger. Anyway I got a few questions...

1. When I spend 5 days a week + whatever time we hang out after work, I got to keep her interested and all that. I think when you see someone all the time it makes a relationship less desirable.

2. If this continues (which it will) what do I keep telling the people at work? I plan on nothing and hope the quit asking. They are all also interns.

Anyway, this girl is awesome. She's in an amazing sorority, from my town, smoking hot, has style, class, the whole nine yards. A perfect gf. We went to Jack Johnson last night (I got free tickets) and we killed a fifth before we went in. She was taking swigs after 1 mixed drink.

And if anyone remembers the last ***** I put up with... I've been through hell (I wrote a fcuking novel on that ). Nothing can ever get worse so I'm stoked.
bavari13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 12:19 AM   #2
Dalton
I'm hot 'cause I'm fly

My Ride: goes wshh
the first question seems like more of a statement? and i dont think you really need to worry because by the time the "honeymoon" phase wears off you'll be out of the internship and not working together anymore assuming this lasts.

A couple people in my dept are seeing eachother though. They don't hide it but they dont flaunt it either. If someone asks they tell, I think thats how I would go about it too. Not worth it to hide it, your actions show you are already into eachother, and trying to hide it will just make people more curious and bothersome. If you just tell them when they ask, then they know and it will just be whatever

Last edited by Dalton; 06-15-2008 at 12:23 AM.
Dalton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 12:21 AM   #3
guest321_1
Banned User

guest321_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 04:59 AM   #4
Dreamliner330

My Ride: 330xi
^ Ditto ^
Dreamliner330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 05:07 AM   #5
dkangman

My Ride: is Hot.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baja Panty 33 View Post
Good call!
Old 06-15-2008, 05:19 AM   #6
bavari13

I should have saw this coming... but I'm not here for approval of the girl.

On the right

Dalton- I'm not flaunting that we are seeing eachother, I'm more mature then that. It's just I haven't been in a situation like this and it's weird when people at work are trying to get into your personal life. Especially when it's right there infront of them.

I'm not talking about the "honeymoon" phase. I'm not used to seeing a girl this often, I mean it really is A LOT.
Old 06-15-2008, 05:42 AM   #7
dkangman

My Ride: is Hot.
Before I continue, I will like to tell you that even though people will pressure you regarding the relationship, do not say anything about it. You know how rumors can be and other things that might give negative effect.
Regarding feeling less desires of seeing her since you are always together, just wait a little. The internship will not last forever. Jut hope that she does not feel the same way as you do because you guys see each other every single day.
Old 06-15-2008, 12:41 PM   #8
Dreamliner330

My Ride: 330xi
FTW, no mod's required...unlike my car...or girl
Dreamliner330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 01:44 PM   #9
Rush4theYehO

My Ride: XI fts(now)
Don't sh*t where you eat.

**cute though **
Rush4theYehO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 02:59 PM   #10
46_coupe

My Ride: is lame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rush4theYehO View Post

**cute though **

If you want to avoid 'office drama' then wait till the end of the internship. Believe me I've been there, just get their facebook/# and keep in touch and then when the internship is done...downshift and WOT ....errr...i'm gonna go drive my car now

"As soon as you're born, you start dying, so you might as well have a good time" - Cake
46_coupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 06:13 PM   #11
bavari13

Quote:

**cute though **
This isn't going to effect my security at all. That's the least of my worries.

There won't be any "office drama" just other dumbass interns jealous, that would be it.
Old 06-16-2008, 06:49 PM   #12
bavari13

Quote:
Originally Posted by 46_coupe View Post

If you want to avoid 'office drama' then wait till the end of the internship. Believe me I've been there, just get their facebook/# and keep in touch and then when the internship is done...downshift and WOT ....errr...i'm gonna go drive my car now
Think I'm gonna take your advice.

Not to mention there are like 5 other smoking hot girls who I don't have to work with directly...
Old 06-16-2008, 08:41 PM   #13
Amoeba

My Ride: his: zhp hers: 325ci
Send a message via Yahoo to Amoeba
Oh crap, that's quite a find.

I was gonna say don't sh*t where you work, but that looks well worth the trouble. Since you're only interning there's very little to lose if things blow up.
Old 06-16-2008, 08:51 PM   #14
bavari13

Yea... I messed up big time taking this girl out on Saturday. Gonna let things cool off a bit then I'll see what's good.
Old 06-16-2008, 08:54 PM   #15
Snik
OEM ///Member

My Ride: IR M3 Vert.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bavari13 View Post
This isn't going to effect my security at all. That's the least of my worries.

There won't be any "office drama" just other dumbass interns jealous, that would be it.
thats usually how it starts man.
Snik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 07:02 PM   #16
Dalton
I'm hot 'cause I'm fly

My Ride: goes wshh
Quote:

**cute though **
its an internship, who cares it will be over in a couple months

the internship i mean
Dalton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 09:57 PM   #17
FloridaE46

My Ride: *****
gooo for it!!!

i worked at morgan stanley and had something with another girl my age that worked there..... VERY NICE!

FloridaE46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 12:37 PM   #18
fayraree

My Ride: 04 M3 vert
i had a disaster with one of these recently, lol actually 2 disasters, back to back! LOL. It was the most effed up situation I could describe; first one was 47 year old single woman (hot bod, argentinian tango dancer) and when that didn't work out, she set me up with her friend, 37 yr old Italian mother of 2 going through a divorce. LOL it was srsly EFFED. More details available for those who care, but I don't recommend work relationships, maybe it would work if it's more normal like the OP's case.
Old 10-16-2008, 01:28 PM   #19
Green_Shine

My Ride: Back seat riding
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkangman View Post
Before I continue, I will like to tell you that even though people will pressure you regarding the relationship, do not say anything about it. You know how rumors can be and other things that might give negative effect.
Regarding feeling less desires of seeing her since you are always together, just wait a little. The internship will not last forever. Jut hope that she does not feel the same way as you do because you guys see each other every single day.
True, but talk with her about it and make it clear to her what your plan is. It would actually be kind of fun.
Old 10-16-2008, 02:09 PM   #20
mfbmw

My Ride: 323CI
On the right

you only live once and you can't take it with you when you go....or my other favorite.....if it feels good, then do it!