E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > BMW Regional Forums > Regional Forums > Great Plains & Rocky Mountains

Great Plains & Rocky Mountains
Have you seen another BMW while driving around in your area? Maybe you can find their car in the E46Fanatics Garage!
CO IA KS MO MT ND NE SD WY

If you don't have your garage setup, sign up today HERE

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 10 votes, 3.10 average.
Old 05-22-2012, 02:53 PM   #2461
Hecs21
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: St. Louis, MO
Posts: 124
My Ride: 2001 325i
Oh and for the record, that eBay regulator was identical to one I pulled out. Not sure if that means the bad one was from eBay also or not, but, for $28, it works great now!
Hecs21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 03:37 PM   #2462
Merritt07
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: St. Charles, Missouri
Posts: 229
My Ride: '05 330i ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by MINIz guy View Post
Hi guys,

I'll be going to school at St. Louis University fall of 2012 so I'd like to introduce myself. I'll be bringing my car down and hope to do some SCCA autocrosses as I've heard they have a pretty good venue. I'm also a member of BMWCCA so if they have any events, I may also show up.
SLU reject here! Haha, just kidding. The accepted me and then I couldnt secure the 12k loan I needed, forcing me to withdraw. Oh well, less student loan debt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hecs21 View Post
Oh and for the record, that eBay regulator was identical to one I pulled out. Not sure if that means the bad one was from eBay also or not, but, for $28, it works great now!
I mean, $28 and it works? Hard to beat, ebay or not.
__________________

My sig is bad. I feel bad.

'05 330i 6MT
Merritt07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 08:03 PM   #2463
MINIz guy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 368
My Ride: bro truck
Very cool guys! Nice to know of people familiar with SLU. Everybody in NJ thinks Wash U. when I say I'm going to St. Louis for school. Picked SLU because of their med scholars program and the fact that St. Louis was much better than Philly in my opinion.

You guys know of any good independent mechanics in the area? I don't think I'll be brining a toolbox so I'll be needing some help working on my car.
Also, anybody doing autocrosses there as a regular that can show me around? I will be doing a Tire Rack Street Survival once I get there as I'll probably need it with my new car.
__________________
MINIz guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 08:55 PM   #2464
RKiepper
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Linn, Missouri
Posts: 1,572
My Ride: 1999 E46 328I x2
There's an BMW mechanic (forgot the name) just down the road from Suntrup BMW in Stl. Awesome guy, very knowledgeable and helpful.

Then... there's this guy named Jay over in Dardenne Prairie. He also knows a **** ton.. But he's kinda crazy.

I also go up to STL often and hang out with the BMW crowd on here.. I always have my toolbox and some parts in the trunk. (Insert frankenstein car joke from Nick here)

I know of get-togethers that occur at a Sonic on Thursday's... Never been though. Ben can probably point you in the correct direction on that.

Welcome to STL man!
RKiepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 12:17 AM   #2465
TiAg2247
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: YYZ / ORD
Posts: 2,302
My Ride: E39 M5 | E55 AMG
So... now that I've got my car here, when's the next meet up?
__________________


Imola Red M5 | Imola Red Interior
GT Exhaust, Custom BC Coilovers, 19x10 + 19x11 Rial Dayonta Race, Michelin PSS

Daily: 335i M-Sport Alpine White / Coral Red
Cobb STG1+, FMIC, H&R Sport, BMW Perf Style 313


Past:
'04 E55 AMG
'01 330Ci Titanium Silver / Coral Red
'96 328i Jet Black / Black
TiAg2247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 11:56 PM   #2466
Merritt07
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: St. Charles, Missouri
Posts: 229
My Ride: '05 330i ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by RKiepper View Post
There's an BMW mechanic (forgot the name) just down the road from Suntrup BMW in Stl. Awesome guy, very knowledgeable and helpful.

Then... there's this guy named Jay over in Dardenne Prairie. He also knows a **** ton.. But he's kinda crazy.

I also go up to STL often and hang out with the BMW crowd on here.. I always have my toolbox and some parts in the trunk. (SILVER DOOR HANDLES!!)

I know of get-togethers that occur at a Sonic on Thursday's... Never been though. Ben can probably point you in the correct direction on that.

Welcome to STL man!
Oh, dear... you're bringing up Jay? Shouldn't you at least warn the guy before you have him meeting Jay??? Nah, kidding he is a cool guy, knows his **** for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MINIz guy View Post
Very cool guys! Nice to know of people familiar with SLU. Everybody in NJ thinks Wash U. when I say I'm going to St. Louis for school. Picked SLU because of their med scholars program and the fact that St. Louis was much better than Philly in my opinion.

You guys know of any good independent mechanics in the area? I don't think I'll be brining a toolbox so I'll be needing some help working on my car.
Also, anybody doing autocrosses there as a regular that can show me around? I will be doing a Tire Rack Street Survival once I get there as I'll probably need it with my new car.
I was going for premed at SLU. Awesome program, pretty cool school, just keep in mind where you are. The surrounding neighborhood is a bit ghetto. I had a friend going there that talked about a lot of gunfire off campus, though I cannot confirm the validity of that statement.

I beat my poor car up enough that tracking it would be the end of her. I don't really know anyone doing autocross.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbworld4k View Post
So... now that I've got my car here, when's the next meet up?
Define meet up haha, jk. Nah RK, XI, Ben, and I usually get together sometimes. I havent been out in a while, been busy staying in trouble. Maybe we can get something together soon?
__________________

My sig is bad. I feel bad.

'05 330i 6MT
Merritt07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 03:34 PM   #2467
RKiepper
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Linn, Missouri
Posts: 1,572
My Ride: 1999 E46 328I x2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merritt07 View Post
Oh, dear... you're bringing up Jay? Shouldn't you at least warn the guy before you have him meeting Jay???
Here's your warning.. Put thread locker on everything holding your interior down before Jay sees it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merritt07 View Post
Define meet up haha, jk. Nah RK, XI, Ben, and I usually get together sometimes. I havent been out in a while, been busy staying in trouble. Maybe we can get something together soon?
Another meet up would be nice.. All the guys. We need to pull Hecs, and a few of the other guys in too!
RKiepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 03:44 PM   #2468
evolved
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Saint Louis, MO
Posts: 817
My Ride: 2011 BMW 135i
Quote:
Originally Posted by MINIz guy View Post
Very cool guys! Nice to know of people familiar with SLU. Everybody in NJ thinks Wash U. when I say I'm going to St. Louis for school. Picked SLU because of their med scholars program and the fact that St. Louis was much better than Philly in my opinion.

You guys know of any good independent mechanics in the area? I don't think I'll be brining a toolbox so I'll be needing some help working on my car.
Also, anybody doing autocrosses there as a regular that can show me around? I will be doing a Tire Rack Street Survival once I get there as I'll probably need it with my new car.
Bimmers-R-Us is going to be the closest independent....they're located on Kingshighway (south of highway 44). They did good work on my 323ci.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merritt07 View Post
I was going for premed at SLU. Awesome program, pretty cool school, just keep in mind where you are. The surrounding neighborhood is a bit ghetto. I had a friend going there that talked about a lot of gunfire off campus, though I cannot confirm the validity of that statement.
The surrounding neighborhood has gotten muchhhhh better since I was living there in 2006. The area behind the fox now has restaurants, a motorcycle dealer, hotels, condos/apartments and bars. Of course, one has to be smart when stammering around drunk at 2am in any city.
__________________

Present
2011 BMW 135i - BSM
Past
2006 Mazdaspeed 6 GT, 2000 BMW 323ci, 2003 Evolution VIII, 1995 Nissan 240sx w/ SR20DET

E46Sig
evolved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 05:47 PM   #2469
Merritt07
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: St. Charles, Missouri
Posts: 229
My Ride: '05 330i ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by evolved View Post
Bimmers-R-Us is going to be the closest independent....they're located on Kingshighway (south of highway 44). They did good work on my 323ci.



The surrounding neighborhood has gotten muchhhhh better since I was living there in 2006. The area behind the fox now has restaurants, a motorcycle dealer, hotels, condos/apartments and bars. Of course, one has to be smart when stammering around drunk at 2am in any city.
I havent had any issues with Bavarian BMW on Olive and 170 either. They helped me out after I did some damage. Fair price.

Ha, don't I know. After Octoberfest last year, I was hammered, got separated from my friends thinking I knew how to get back to soulard. I have a problem where if I think that going left is the correct direction, it would turn out that right is the correct direction. So here I am, phone dead, wondering around STL... I ended up walking at Cherokee and Iowa, 11 ish blocks the wrong way... I had accepted that I might die.
__________________

My sig is bad. I feel bad.

'05 330i 6MT
Merritt07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 06:28 PM   #2470
Hecs21
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: St. Louis, MO
Posts: 124
My Ride: 2001 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by RKiepper View Post
Another meet up would be nice.. All the guys. We need to pull Hecs, and a few of the other guys in too!
Yeah it sucked I missed the last meet & can't do Thursdays cause of work. Unfortunately I gotta be careful for a while, as of tomorrow I'm on my 30 day suspension from my DWI. Still would be down for something in my area (south city) on a Sat or Sun afternoon that I don't work.
Hecs21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 06:52 PM   #2471
RKiepper
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Linn, Missouri
Posts: 1,572
My Ride: 1999 E46 328I x2
My green car actually came from Bimmers R' Us. Sold to a guy for parts because It wasn't worth it to fix.
RKiepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 01:19 PM   #2472
TiAg2247
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: YYZ / ORD
Posts: 2,302
My Ride: E39 M5 | E55 AMG
Anything going on this weekend or sometime soon? Carbondale is boring as **** - I'm going nuts here. Willing to drive up to 5hrs for any Bimmer/car events on the weekends.
__________________


Imola Red M5 | Imola Red Interior
GT Exhaust, Custom BC Coilovers, 19x10 + 19x11 Rial Dayonta Race, Michelin PSS

Daily: 335i M-Sport Alpine White / Coral Red
Cobb STG1+, FMIC, H&R Sport, BMW Perf Style 313


Past:
'04 E55 AMG
'01 330Ci Titanium Silver / Coral Red
'96 328i Jet Black / Black
TiAg2247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 03:05 PM   #2473
Tpzbluebmw23
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Saint Louis, Missouri
Posts: 443
My Ride: 2002 Bmw 325i
Its sad to say but there arent too many bmw meets in the Missouri area..i wish there was if you want to go to car meets.. sonic on thursdays would be your best bet. your car is really nice BTW.
__________________

2002 BMW 325i - Topaz Blue
Tpzbluebmw23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 10:24 PM   #2474
Hecs21
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: St. Louis, MO
Posts: 124
My Ride: 2001 325i
So, I got pretty freaked out the other day. I was driving home from work & noticed my knocking sound was a little worse and audible while driving in gear. Was definitely going with the engine rev & very prominent when I got home & let it idle. Thought it meant the worst.

I checked my oil the next day when I came out, level was fine. I added the less than 1/2 quart I had sitting there & went about normal driving. Since then it has gone back to doing what it was before. Occasional sloppy knock sort of sound at idle and goes away with some RPMs.

So, I am back to thinking it's just a pulley goin bad, but waiting to try to find out if & which one before I order parts for a coolant system overhaul (well mostly).

On a brighter note, window is still working fine & I ran new grounds for the taillights today.

Last edited by Hecs21; 05-29-2012 at 10:25 PM.
Hecs21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 10:45 PM   #2475
RKiepper
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Linn, Missouri
Posts: 1,572
My Ride: 1999 E46 328I x2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tpzbluebmw23 View Post
Its sad to say but there arent too many bmw meets in the Missouri area..i wish there was if you want to go to car meets.. sonic on thursdays would be your best bet. your car is really nice BTW.
This is true.. Unfortunately.

I'm an hour and 30 min from STL and I'm more active in STL then most guys that live in STL, Lol.

Hecs, if you need some help man, let me know!
RKiepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 09:01 PM   #2476
Hecs21
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: St. Louis, MO
Posts: 124
My Ride: 2001 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by RKiepper View Post

Hecs, if you need some help man, let me know!
Thanks man. Will do.

Well I made the decision that my clutch was getting to the point of 1st priority and since I've hade my F1 stage 2 clutch/flywheel kit sitting in a box on my bedroom for like 5 months, I went ahead and ordered all the misc parts to do it from Pelican Parts for 1 day delivery. As long as everything shows up tomorrow it's going in this weekend.
Hecs21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 10:25 PM   #2477
xixixi
Banned User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: St Louis, MO
Posts: 3,008
My Ride: 01 330x-xi
xixixi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 12:30 PM   #2478
RKiepper
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Linn, Missouri
Posts: 1,572
My Ride: 1999 E46 328I x2
Jay, we need to get some scales and figure out what else needs to be cut out to get your car back to it's 50/50 weight distribution.
RKiepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 07:35 PM   #2479
Eric BMW
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Downtown St. Louis, MO
Posts: 312
My Ride: 1995 BMW M3 Turbo
Send a message via AIM to Eric BMW
SLU is a great school. I had the pleasure of spending a few years there and loved it dearly. You'll enjoy it very much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKiepper View Post
My green car actually came from Bimmers R' Us. Sold to a guy for parts because It wasn't worth it to fix.
Green 1999 328i? Blown engine? Bimmers took it because the guy couldn't afford to fix the engine? Ha I know that car, it belonged to an old buddy of mine. I used to drive that car all the time back in it's prime. I was wondering who ended up with it.
__________________
Eric BMW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 07:51 PM   #2480
RKiepper
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Linn, Missouri
Posts: 1,572
My Ride: 1999 E46 328I x2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric BMW View Post
Green 1999 328i? Blown engine? Bimmers took it because the guy couldn't afford to fix the engine? Ha I know that car, it belonged to an old buddy of mine. I used to drive that car all the time back in it's prime. I was wondering who ended up with it.
Yep, '99 328i. Overheated and locked up.

But... I'm the second owner.. Legally. Lol. Girl named Lucy Cook, Georgia title.. Georgia window stickers.

I would like a bit more history though!! Got a 91 on the carfax, not bad for a car that ended up for parts.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1338857332.404248.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	29.9 KB
ID:	454848   Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1338857385.293775.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	24.5 KB
ID:	454849   Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1338857411.841167.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	28.6 KB
ID:	454850  
RKiepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Censor is ON





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:54 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use