E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > BMW Regional Forums > Regional Forums > Great Plains & Rocky Mountains

Great Plains & Rocky Mountains
Have you seen another BMW while driving around in your area? Maybe you can find their car in the E46Fanatics Garage!
CO IA KS MO MT ND NE SD WY

If you don't have your garage setup, sign up today HERE

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 10 votes, 3.10 average.
Old 10-19-2009, 10:03 PM   #1081
cyberkaa

Location: Sunnyvale, CA <-- Ithaca, NY <-- dirty jerz (201) Useful Posts: 25
My Ride: E46 332i,M3;E30 325i
Send a message via ICQ to cyberkaa Send a message via AIM to cyberkaa Send a message via MSN to cyberkaa Send a message via Yahoo to cyberkaa
Quote:
Originally Posted by generic 330i View Post
Wow, I thought I had it bad but twice?

That must have been an awful experience, hope the dealer did something to win your trust back. My dealer basically said see ya and you can get your car serviced somewhere else.

Suntrup BMW does not seem to care much about a first time customer
The first time was my mistake for assuming, as you did, that they would use a decent wash service. The second time was theirs for not honoring my request to not wash it. They must have received enough complaints that they started paying attention when people told them not to do the complimentary wash and swirl mark service. I decided to take care of the paint myself.
Well, they did everything else right and then some so they won me back.

M3 drive train conversion (S54 Swap, LSD, 6MT, suspension linkage) | UUC Stg 2 Organic Clutch | OEM M-Tech II Kit
KW V2 | BBS GT4 RE | Falken FK452 | Alcon 6-pot 365mm BBK | M3 steering wheel | Powerflex bushings

Quote:
Originally Posted by koven View Post
i'd rather be gapless with no bulge
cyberkaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 08:05 PM   #1082
generic 330i

My Ride: 2004 330i
Check out the rental I got stuck with lol. I can't wait to get my car back...

generic 330i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 12:53 AM   #1083
cyberkaa

Send a message via ICQ to cyberkaa Send a message via AIM to cyberkaa Send a message via MSN to cyberkaa Send a message via Yahoo to cyberkaa

M3 drive train conversion (S54 Swap, LSD, 6MT, suspension linkage) | UUC Stg 2 Organic Clutch | OEM M-Tech II Kit
KW V2 | BBS GT4 RE | Falken FK452 | Alcon 6-pot 365mm BBK | M3 steering wheel | Powerflex bushings

Quote:
Old 10-21-2009, 03:41 PM   #1084
pat

My Ride: e92 M3 / Camaro SS
Send a message via MSN to pat Send a message via Skype™ to pat
Quick update on my ride:

I forgot to mention but I pulled the trigger and had all the stuff I had laying around in my living room installed in my car... a lot of it was maintenance (guibo, CSB, shifter assy parts, expansion tank, valve cover gasket, etc).

The core jobs were the new bimmerworld clutch kit (JB racing aluminum flywheel and clutch masters STG 1 clutch) along with UUC pulleys, aluminum rear camber arms and misc bushings.

I also did hotchkis sway bars to replace the eibachs along with adjustable front/rear sway links.

I had an issue with bimmerworld shipping the wrong clutch twice but hopefully the car will be done by the end of this week. They kept saying that my 325 had a 330 transmission and that they had to custom build a clutch...whatever.

The water pump was also done and new front outer tie rods as well. I can't remember it all but definitely good maintenance.

I also pulled the trigger on new coils so I will be getting rid of the teins and eibach sways.

I used my free time to custom build an intake for my car. It's a CAI built using local autostore parts. I'll post pics when I have it installed.

Hopefully I'll get the new coils in this weekend swap out my wheels for the winter ones and go from there. I'll also be installing a Shark Injector this weekend

Last edited by pat; 10-21-2009 at 04:20 PM.
pat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 04:10 PM   #1085
cyberkaa

Wow, you're on a roll, Pat!

I'm curious to see pics of the intake.

Quote:
Old 10-21-2009, 04:21 PM   #1086
pat

I did take some pix of my initial attempt at installing it. I'll post those up later.
Old 10-21-2009, 11:29 PM   #1087
T330

My Ride: X5
Send a message via AIM to T330
Nice job Pat

So is Santa bringing boost this year?

and what is this all about?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pat View Post
I really need some black leather and alcantara recaro pole positions
Old 10-21-2009, 11:34 PM   #1088
T330

Quote:
And here is the reason why I am so certain those swirlmarks/spiderwebs were not there to begin with.

About 3 months ago I detailed my garaged car for 2 days using the following process:

1. Car wash
2. DP Claybar and Lube
3. Car wash
4. Menzerna Intensive Polish with a Meguairs’ G110 Dual Action Polisher (same as Porter cable 7424)
5. Menzerna Final Polish with a Meguairs’ G110 Dual Action Polisher
6. Menzerna Finishing Glaze with a Meguairs’ G110 Dual Action Polisher
7. Wax with Pinnacle Liquid Souveran Wax

After each polishing I reviewed my progress with a Halogen workshop lamp.

For all of my car washes I use the 2 5-gallon bucket method with Grit Guard to minimize and reduce any micro-marring of the clear coat. 1 bucket is for the soap and the other is for rinsing, both have Grit Guard. I use 3 different types of sponges (1 for the top of the car, 1 for the bottom of the car, and 1 for the wheels). I also pour a capful of ONR to help soften up the water. If you guys have never used ONR before you should try it, my car stays pretty clean during the winters .

I think in the future I will start posting the maintenance I do on my car so that I have better documentation. I bet Suntrup thinks I am lying when I tell them I detailed my own car 3 months ago.

Wish I never went to Suntrup, My car looks like crap in the sun and it is starting to get too cold to detail my car again

Hello to a fellow detailer

Yes Suntrup is very horrific. Even plaza when it comes to detailing.

I still remember seeing the suntrup guy taking a dirty rag and rubbing the cars in the show room with some QD. I cringed, as I watched him mar the finish
Old 10-21-2009, 11:35 PM   #1089
T330

Your pictures are very sad to look at
Old 10-21-2009, 11:41 PM   #1090
pat

Quote:
Originally Posted by T330 View Post
Nice job Pat

So is Santa bringing boost this year?

and what is this all about?!
I'm still debating the boost piece.... lulz

Where are my m3 seats?
Old 10-21-2009, 11:56 PM   #1091
T330

Quote:
I'm still debating the boost piece.... lulz

Where are my m3 seats?
lol what options are you considering? Twin screw, supercharger, or turbo?

they're still in my car
Old 10-22-2009, 08:28 PM   #1092
generic 330i

Quote:
Quick update on my ride:

I forgot to mention but I pulled the trigger and had all the stuff I had laying around in my living room installed in my car... a lot of it was maintenance (guibo, CSB, shifter assy parts, expansion tank, valve cover gasket, etc).

The core jobs were the new bimmerworld clutch kit (JB racing aluminum flywheel and clutch masters STG 1 clutch) along with UUC pulleys, aluminum rear camber arms and misc bushings.

I also did hotchkis sway bars to replace the eibachs along with adjustable front/rear sway links.

I had an issue with bimmerworld shipping the wrong clutch twice but hopefully the car will be done by the end of this week. They kept saying that my 325 had a 330 transmission and that they had to custom build a clutch...whatever.

The water pump was also done and new front outer tie rods as well. I can't remember it all but definitely good maintenance.

I also pulled the trigger on new coils so I will be getting rid of the teins and eibach sways.

I used my free time to custom build an intake for my car. It's a CAI built using local autostore parts. I'll post pics when I have it installed.

Hopefully I'll get the new coils in this weekend swap out my wheels for the winter ones and go from there. I'll also be installing a Shark Injector this weekend
Looks like you had a busy weekend! How long did it take to replace the waterpump, belts, and fluids?
Old 10-22-2009, 08:39 PM   #1093
generic 330i

Quote:
Hello to a fellow detailer

Yes Suntrup is very horrific. Even plaza when it comes to detailing.

I still remember seeing the suntrup guy taking a dirty rag and rubbing the cars in the show room with some QD. I cringed, as I watched him mar the finish
I am glad you saw that at Suntrup and it makes me scratch my head at what type of detailers they have. I actually spoke to the "expert" detailer and not only did he say their wash could not have scratch my clear coat he even said it was impossible to get rid of all the swirls on a black car. He said "that's why I hate working on black cars, you can't get it perfect". Pretty weird thing for an "expert" detailer to say. He also said if I can buff it all out he would like to see my car afterwards and discuss how I would do it.

Anyway Suntrup BMW sucks and they basically ruined my entire week, not to mention the time it will take for me to re-detail my car. Don't even know if I will have time before the winter

Glad to know you also detail your car, maybe we can exchange some tips someday
Old 10-22-2009, 08:42 PM   #1094
generic 330i

I turned in the keys to my hot rod rental and got my car back. The rear bumper looks great. I also paid extra for them to paint all my trim and front end.

Have to say that the painted trim makes my car look better
Old 10-22-2009, 09:30 PM   #1095
T330

Quote:
I am glad you saw that at Suntrup and it makes me scratch my head at what type of detailers they have. I actually spoke to the "expert" detailer and not only did he say their wash could not have scratch my clear coat he even said it was impossible to get rid of all the swirls on a black car. He said "that's why I hate working on black cars, you can't get it perfect". Pretty weird thing for an "expert" detailer to say. He also said if I can buff it all out he would like to see my car afterwards and discuss how I would do it.

Anyway Suntrup BMW sucks and they basically ruined my entire week, not to mention the time it will take for me to re-detail my car. Don't even know if I will have time before the winter

Glad to know you also detail your car, maybe we can exchange some tips someday
lol that's just embarrassing for them and unprofessional on their part. I'm sorry you have had to go through this nonsense.

lol it is very possible to get a perfect finish on a black car!

And definitely, it would be great to exchange tips

Last edited by T330; 10-22-2009 at 09:42 PM.
T330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 10:23 PM   #1096
pat

Quote:
lol what options are you considering? Twin screw, supercharger, or turbo?

they're still in my car
I'm considering the AA S/C kit or maybe ESS? I just got my car back today... dayum it drives incredible... after 2K in labor and 3K+ in parts I think I'm ready to beat a 330
Old 10-25-2009, 12:13 PM   #1097
T330

Quote:
I'm considering the AA S/C kit or maybe ESS? I just got my car back today... dayum it drives incredible... after 2K in labor and 3K+ in parts I think I'm ready to beat a 330
Go with ESS' twinscrew!
Old 10-25-2009, 03:27 PM   #1098
pat

Quote:
Go with ESS' twinscrew!

I don't think they make a twinscrew for the 325

Did my shark today... car feels GREAT!
Old 10-25-2009, 04:13 PM   #1099
pat

Update:

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?p=10810081
Old 10-25-2009, 06:04 PM   #1100
generic 330i

Quote:
Looks like you blew all of your money before the holidays , what are you going to do for Christmas?

Out of curiosity, where do you take your car to get worked on?