E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > BMW Regional Forums > Regional Forums > Great Plains & Rocky Mountains

Great Plains & Rocky Mountains
Have you seen another BMW while driving around in your area? Maybe you can find their car in the E46Fanatics Garage!
CO IA KS MO MT ND NE SD WY

If you don't have your garage setup, sign up today HERE

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 10 votes, 3.10 average.
Old 04-27-2010, 04:58 PM   #1541
Tpzbluebmw23

My Ride: 2002 Bmw 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandond11 View Post
Nice drop! The blue looks amazing
thanks man i love it there is no body roll what so ever

2002 BMW 325i - Topaz Blue
Tpzbluebmw23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 06:05 PM   #1542
pat

My Ride: e92 M3 / Camaro SS
Send a message via MSN to pat Send a message via Skype™ to pat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tpzbluebmw23 View Post
thanks man i love it there is no body roll what so ever
damn you sig bro... looks sick!
Old 04-27-2010, 08:24 PM   #1543
Tpzbluebmw23

Quote:
Originally Posted by pat View Post
damn you sig bro... looks sick!
Thanks Brah Brah lol it wouldnt have been possible with out your help bro

Old 04-29-2010, 09:19 PM   #1544
pat

Calling my fellow STL fanatics... I need your help!

Can someone lend me a spare key/key fob? (My car only came with one)

Currently, my car does not start. Everything lights up, I'm getting good/steady juice to power my amps/radio/lights/dash. I also have a cap that shows 12.xx+ volts so I decided against it being the battery. However, despite my better judgment, I went ahead and bought a new battery and replaced it. The car still does not start. (No big deal, I had the OEM one anyway).

If the alternator was bad, the car would have started and drained the battery later, so I'm ruling that out. I guess it could be my starter motor but I'm getting absolutely no attempt at cranking whatsoever.

As a result, I blame it on the key. I found a thread that describes the symptoms of a bad transcriber (i think I got that right) which basically disable it from starting the car. Ironically, the key will still lock/unlock the car.

Can anyone lend me one? I'll pick it up anytime. I know how to reprogram them onto my car and will reprogram them back to yours.

Thanks in advance- I need this ASAP.

Call/text me if you can help: 636-541-8392
Old 04-29-2010, 10:31 PM   #1545
pat

nevermind.. I think bmw keys are not interchangeable. I'll need to buy a new one and hope it fixes the problem
Old 04-29-2010, 10:39 PM   #1546
T330

My Ride: X5
Send a message via AIM to T330
Yeah keys are specific They're ordered according to your vin.
Old 04-30-2010, 08:36 PM   #1547
generic 330i

My Ride: 2004 330i
Quote:
Calling my fellow STL fanatics... I need your help!

Can someone lend me a spare key/key fob? (My car only came with one)

Currently, my car does not start. Everything lights up, I'm getting good/steady juice to power my amps/radio/lights/dash. I also have a cap that shows 12.xx+ volts so I decided against it being the battery. However, despite my better judgment, I went ahead and bought a new battery and replaced it. The car still does not start. (No big deal, I had the OEM one anyway).

If the alternator was bad, the car would have started and drained the battery later, so I'm ruling that out. I guess it could be my starter motor but I'm getting absolutely no attempt at cranking whatsoever.

As a result, I blame it on the key. I found a thread that describes the symptoms of a bad transcriber (i think I got that right) which basically disable it from starting the car. Ironically, the key will still lock/unlock the car.

Can anyone lend me one? I'll pick it up anytime. I know how to reprogram them onto my car and will reprogram them back to yours.

Thanks in advance- I need this ASAP.

Call/text me if you can help: 636-541-8392
Pat did you check your connections to make sure you have a clean feed? There might not be enough amp going through. I would rule this out by jump starting the car and checking the battery post under the hood (not the trunk). That connection under the hood sometime gets loose and needs to be re-tighten. Let me know how it goes and good luck.
generic 330i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 05:35 AM   #1548
xixixi
Banned User

My Ride: 01 330x-xi
new shoes for me after the drifting accident.... 18x8.5 OZ Alleggerita's HLT in Anthracite
xixixi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 11:20 AM   #1549
Richaraiza

My Ride: TS2+ 330ci, 135i
Send a message via AIM to Richaraiza Send a message via Yahoo to Richaraiza Send a message via Skype™ to Richaraiza
Good choice. I have them in Matte Black with rear fitment all around.
Richaraiza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 11:22 AM   #1550
pat

Quote:
Originally Posted by xixixi View Post
new shoes for me after the drifting accident.... 18x8.5 OZ Alleggerita's HLT in Anthracite
Pics or...
Old 05-02-2010, 02:39 PM   #1551
xixixi
Banned User

Quote:
Pics or...
i need someone to make me a sig with my new rims anyone available next weekend? For a photo shoot? Can't afford to get them mounted till friday. also my old rims can be seen in the pics above 1 wheel needs to be fixed rest are in poor condition 100 bucks for all 4 rims. Z1 AZA 18x8.5 all the way around. I bought my new Alleggeritas from a member, here is the post http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=755775

Last edited by xixixi; 05-02-2010 at 04:26 PM.
Old 05-02-2010, 03:50 PM   #1552
generic 330i

Quote:
Pics or...
Pat did you ever get your car started?
Old 05-02-2010, 03:52 PM   #1553
pat

I did a roll start and it worked.... dammit... bad starter. $700 to fix.
Old 05-02-2010, 04:04 PM   #1554
generic 330i

Had a pretty busy day yesterday. Put my Coilovers on with a lot of help from my friends. It was pretty easy but labor intensive, took us about 5 hours altogether. I was glad one of them had a spring compressor, which came in real handy to remove the stock front ones. I couldn't take any pictures during the process since my hands were caked with grime and dirt. I set my dampers to 2 and they feel almost like stock but minus the ugly gap.

Have a question though, do you guys have to drop the rear struts to adjust the height of the rear coilovers? The rear perch is so low on mine that I can't seem to get the wrench around the adjusters so if I want to adjust I have to drop the shock again. Any tips?
Old 05-02-2010, 04:25 PM   #1555
xixixi
Banned User

Quote:
I did a roll start and it worked.... dammit... bad starter. $700 to fix.
is that 700 DIY or at an indy shop?
Old 05-03-2010, 11:58 AM   #1556
xixixi
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by generic 330i View Post
Had a pretty busy day yesterday. Put my Coilovers on with a lot of help from my friends. It was pretty easy but labor intensive, took us about 5 hours altogether. I was glad one of them had a spring compressor, which came in real handy to remove the stock front ones. I couldn't take any pictures during the process since my hands were caked with grime and dirt. I set my dampers to 2 and they feel almost like stock but minus the ugly gap.

Have a question though, do you guys have to drop the rear struts to adjust the height of the rear coilovers? The rear perch is so low on mine that I can't seem to get the wrench around the adjusters so if I want to adjust I have to drop the shock again. Any tips?
can't wait to see it
Old 05-03-2010, 12:57 PM   #1557
Cam6771

My Ride: --
Ballwin, Mo here...
Cam6771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 03:03 PM   #1558
xixixi
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam6771 View Post
Ballwin, Mo here...
Alpine White Limo? A/T??? Is that you???
Old 05-03-2010, 04:20 PM   #1559
sly1types

My Ride: M3
Send a message via MSN to sly1types
Quote:
Originally Posted by generic 330i View Post

I have to unhook my shock then that takes the tension off the spring so I can spin the adjuster around with my hands... but I have shortened KONIs.

What did you set the ride height at?
Old 05-03-2010, 07:07 PM   #1560
Tpzbluebmw23

sly1types thats a good looking LSB m3 man i love that color on m3s where in Missouri are you located?