E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > BMW Regional Forums > Regional Forums > Southeast

Southeast
Have you seen another BMW while driving around in your area? Maybe you can find their car in the E46Fanatics Garage!
AR AL GA FL KY LA MS NC SC TN

If you don't have your garage setup, sign up today HERE

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 02-22-2010, 09:27 AM   #301
zhp pilot
Falling from 14k ft.

My Ride: is totaled :(
^^^ That first shot is money. Where is that at? I'm going to have to stop by there for a photoshoot the next time I'm in the G'boro area.

zhp pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 09:36 AM   #302
BigMikeE46

My Ride: 02 325i, 03 SC COBRA
Send a message via AIM to BigMikeE46
Quote:
Originally Posted by zhp pilot View Post
^^^ That first shot is money. Where is that at? I'm going to have to stop by there for a photoshoot the next time I'm in the G'boro area.
Thats at duke energy...its like up in stokesdale/near gsboro. We got kicked out from over there...went to another nice area,( on duke enegy property) we got kicked out again by the same guys. We were there for about 20 mins before they kicked us out so you should be good if you want to take some pics real quick.

Below is a pic taken on 1/16/10
Photobucket
BigMikeE46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 11:41 AM   #303
Eurobahn BMW
Regional Sponsor

My Ride: BMW Greensboro
never realized that my car looked cross-eyed with my DRLs turned on. I guess ill go turn them off after work tomorrow LOL

Eurobahn BMW MINI Mercedes-Benz Audi - Greensboro, NC Search for a local, independent BMW Greensboro shop with BMW mechanics that have dealer-level expertise at a fraction of the cost.

Eurobahn BMW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 08:28 PM   #304
wibymx5

My Ride: 330ci
Hi everyone! I live in Kernersville...I have a 2003 Alpine White 330ci , just bought the car last Friday and I love it. Already tinted the windows and now I'm ready to get some rims. any ideas?

Last edited by wibymx5; 02-22-2010 at 08:42 PM.
wibymx5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 08:32 PM   #305
zhp pilot
Falling from 14k ft.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wibymx5 View Post
Hi everyone! I live in Kernersville...I have a 2003 Alpine White 330ci , just bought the car last Friday and I love it. Already tinted the windows and now I'm ready to get some rims. any ideas?
Welcome to the forums. What style wheel are you looking for? With or without a lip?

Old 02-22-2010, 08:46 PM   #306
5speed5er

My Ride: TreTreFive
vmr's (thats what i would get if i had the money)
Old 02-22-2010, 08:49 PM   #307
steelerfan

My Ride: F30 335i Silver 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkshalati View Post
vmr's (thats what i would get if i had the money)

2nd that...best wheel for the money... IMO.... I've been very happy with mine...
Old 02-22-2010, 09:12 PM   #308
cowmoo32
drunken science

My Ride: Trek 1.5
Not sure how I missed this thread...

flickher

What's this about a brownie in motion?
cowmoo32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 09:49 PM   #309
wibymx5

I'm a total noobie... VMR's? I would like a rim with a lip, think they have an aggressive look to them.
Old 02-22-2010, 10:41 PM   #310
blacksport325

My Ride: 98 M3, 318is, CBR600
Mike...I had all intentions of coming up there to that meet, i'll have to make the next one, you said you have a video of the meet?
blacksport325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 11:15 PM   #311
zhp pilot
Falling from 14k ft.

Quote:
I'm a total noobie... VMR's? I would like a rim with a lip, think they have an aggressive look to them.
Velocity Motoring (VMR) http://www.velocitymotoring.com/wheels.html

steelerfan has V715's in gunmetal with polished lip. They are real nice. There are a lot of options for wheels with lips. You could do a step lip, something subtle or something with a deep lip. Check out sponsors EAS, Jlevi, Mod Bargins and others for a great selection in wheels.

For a wheel without I lip, I personally like the V701's and V710's.

Old 02-22-2010, 11:43 PM   #312
BigMikeE46

My Ride: 02 325i, 03 SC COBRA
Send a message via AIM to BigMikeE46
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacksport325 View Post
Mike...I had all intentions of coming up there to that meet, i'll have to make the next one, you said you have a video of the meet?
the vid is still in the make...the guys that had the video recording were from knoxville TN, they are still deciding what music to put in there Anyways it should be ready soon. It was a E30 meet but E46 was there and more than welcome. We ate some reaaal reaal good food! the place was called hillbilly something something. I'll more than glad to hit everybody up for the next meet. This meet we only had about 7-8 cars

Below is a pic taken on 1/16/10
Photobucket
BigMikeE46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 11:57 PM   #313
wibymx5

Quote:
Originally Posted by zhp pilot View Post
Velocity Motoring (VMR) http://www.velocitymotoring.com/wheels.html

steelerfan has V715's in gunmetal with polished lip. They are real nice. There are a lot of options for wheels with lips. You could do a step lip, something subtle or something with a deep lip. Check out sponsors EAS, Jlevi, Mod Bargins and others for a great selection in wheels.

For a wheel without I lip, I personally like the V701's and V710's.
Thanks for the info... I do like the rims on steelerfan's car. I'm definetly gonna have to do some research.
Old 02-23-2010, 08:23 AM   #314
Eurobahn BMW
Regional Sponsor

My Ride: BMW Greensboro
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowmoo32 View Post
Not sure how I missed this thread...
oh damn, who let the cowmoo invisibility shield down for this thread? lol

Eurobahn BMW MINI Mercedes-Benz Audi - Greensboro, NC Search for a local, independent BMW Greensboro shop with BMW mechanics that have dealer-level expertise at a fraction of the cost.

Eurobahn BMW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 09:01 PM   #315
electric130

My Ride: 2002 330i
Quote:
welcome!

what tint did you get? i'm getting mine tomorrow and i'm debating on getting 35% to stay legal or going with 20 and, well, yeah..........
electric130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 09:10 PM   #316
steelerfan

Quote:
Thanks for the info... I do like the rims on steelerfan's car. I'm definetly gonna have to do some research.
Thanks... ... Get a lip man... IMO.. makes the wheel...

Quote:
Originally Posted by electric130 View Post
welcome!

what tint did you get? i'm getting mine tomorrow and i'm debating on getting 35% to stay legal or going with 20 and, well, yeah..........
Stay legal man so you don't have to worry about getting sweated by the cops, rolling down your windows if you see a cop... It makes an easy excuse for them to pull you & potentially find something else.. Having to find a shop that will inspect your car with illegal tint... don't do it man...

What color is your interior? One reason I only get dark interior color cars is b/c it makes the tint look darker than say on tan interior...

Do yourself a favor man & stay legal.. unless you wanna pay an additional $200 to have them remove it if you get a ticket & $200 more to put on legal tint... actually they charge more if they have to remove it...
Old 02-23-2010, 09:21 PM   #317
cowmoo32
drunken science

Quote:
Originally Posted by electric130 View Post
welcome!

NC cops don't give a sh!t about tint. I have heard of one person getting a ticket for tint in my entire life. One of my friends, but he took a picture of a similar truck w/out tint, took it to court, and paid the fine. I've had 20% for two years now and have been pulled with the tint, but haven't gotten a ticket for it. Like steelerfan asked, what color is your interior?

flickher

Old 02-23-2010, 09:32 PM   #318
steelerfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowmoo32 View Post
NC cops don't give a sh!t about tint. I have heard of one person getting a ticket for tint in my entire life. One of my friends, but he took a picture of a similar truck w/out tint, took it to court, and paid the fine. I've had 20% for two years now and have been pulled with the tint, but haven't gotten a ticket for it. Like steelerfan asked, what color is your interior?
Not sure i agree... I was getting one of my cars tinted one time & there were 2 cars in the parking lot that had to get their tint removed b/c it wasn't legal....

My point is it's not worth the hassle & I don't like giving cops a reason to pull me or have to find a shop to inspect my car with illegal tint.

Also, I bought a mustang cobra one time that already had 20%.... at night.. it was very difficult to see out the back windshield to back the car up.. I had to open the door most of the time just to see where I was going... if you had a backup camera... no worries then.... But... to cowmoo32's point.. I had the car for a little over a year & i never got pulled for my tint.. but i didn't drive the car much either...

IMO, none of those reasons make it worth it... at all... if you have black interior... 35% will be just fine... i'm very happy with my 35%...

But... I had an altima one time with tan interior & the 35%... you could barely even tell i had tint when the sun was out... but still wasn't worth not being legal... to me anyway...

Last edited by steelerfan; 02-23-2010 at 09:34 PM.
steelerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 09:44 PM   #319
cowmoo32
drunken science

I had gray interior and 35% on my E46. It looked good, but I wished it was a little darker. I have tan interior with 20% now and it's perfect. I'm from Davie county, so I can say that davie cops, along with Winston and Raleigh, haven't been a hassle thus far.

flickher

Old 02-23-2010, 10:05 PM   #320
zhp pilot
Falling from 14k ft.

My car was tinted prior to me purchasing it and the original owner couldn't remember what % it was since it was the first thing he did after buying it. I've had 2 inspections since then and it showed 28% on one and 29% on the second. I've been pulled over twice in it for speeding and there was no mention of the tint. When I went for my first inspection, I was a little worried because I knew it was darker than 35%; I had 35% on my Civic. I asked my old roommate from college about it, who happens to be a detective in NC and he suggested I take it to a place near his house because he knew that wouldn't say anything about the tint. Turns out he was right. The guy showed me the 28% reading but marked the inspection as NA under tint.

BTW, I purchased the car in SC.