E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > DIY: Do It Yourself

DIY: Do It Yourself
Post here to share or improve your wrench turning skills! All BMW E46 DIY tips, tales, and projects discussed inside. Learn to work on your car and know the right BMW parts you will need!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 02-01-2015, 07:17 AM   #1
Morphy

My Ride: 02 325i touring
Sat Nav issues

Hi all. A couple of folk have helped me recently with engine issues now I am having issues with the sat nav. When we done the engine work my friend disconnected the battery. I didn't know of any procedure required to maintain function on sat nav unit ie: power the unit down first.

So. After reconnection of battery I noticed no change with radio function or cd/ changer. But. After 20 mins of sat nav guidance it stops guidance and goes to please wait screen ? Then sometime the oem like windows 98 screen ?

Any ideas. It goes back to normal when restart car ??

Hmmmm
Thanks for any ideas in advance. I'm going to try the fuses out and in 41 and 7 I believe. Would it be worth just reinstalling the map and camera disc ? Could it of just herped the durp ?
Morphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 02-03-2015, 10:25 AM   #2
The-Traveler

My Ride: 2004 330Ci ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morphy View Post
Hi all. A couple of folk have helped me recently with engine issues now I am having issues with the sat nav. When we done the engine work my friend disconnected the battery. I didn't know of any procedure required to maintain function on sat nav unit ie: power the unit down first.

So. After reconnection of battery I noticed no change with radio function or cd/ changer. But. After 20 mins of sat nav guidance it stops guidance and goes to please wait screen ? Then sometime the oem like windows 98 screen ?

Any ideas. It goes back to normal when restart car ??

Hmmmm
Thanks for any ideas in advance. I'm going to try the fuses out and in 41 and 7 I believe. Would it be worth just reinstalling the map and camera disc ? Could it of just herped the durp ?
I had this issue develop on my nav as well after several power outages and a new battery. As strange as it sounds, I "found" a newer USA map and since I've put it in the problem hasn't happened once.

I think you can probably find it as well if you know where to look.

EDIT: I've noticed you're in the UK, same procedure should apply.

Last edited by The-Traveler; 02-03-2015 at 10:26 AM.
The-Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 10:44 AM   #3
Morphy

My Ride: 02 325i touring
Tests

Thanks for the response.
So far I took the disc out of the player. Then done the fuse trick
41 and 7. Had a play with some other fuses.

Where the 3 bank of 50 amp fuses that control the electric fan
The secondary air pump and another thing not on my car at all so I've forgotten. So. I had a fuse in the electric fan slot........ I have an automatic ? Therefore the reading I got from my diag tool about secondary air pump not active may be for that exact reason. So. Swooped out the electric fan slot and into the secondary air pump. Yet to do diag cause it's freezing lol. But think it's a no brainer.
Morphy is offline   Reply With Quote