E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Motorsports & Track Forum

Motorsports & Track Forum
From Auto-X to Trackday to Racing and Professional Motorsports this is the place to discuss making BMWs fast

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-10-2008, 01:58 AM   #1
USCTrojanMan29

My Ride: Beauty & The Beater
Send a message via AIM to USCTrojanMan29 Send a message via Yahoo to USCTrojanMan29
Question Running R-compound tires at the track for 1st time...what to expect???

I picked up 4 Michilen Sport Cup Tires for my 996TT (225 front/295 back) and I'll be putting them on my OEM 18" wheels. I'll be using R-compound tires at the July 19/20 BWC CCA DE Event @ Buttonwillow for the first time. So I'd like to know what to expect from some of you more experienced track guys (I'll be my 8th track event). How careful will I have to be with them on driving up to the track (150 miles each way)? What pressure should I run driving there and back? What pressure should I run while on the track? Will one lap warm up the tires? Any advise and/or input with these tires is greatly appreciated.
USCTrojanMan29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 07-10-2008, 02:59 AM   #2
inzani

My Ride: 2003 M3 6mt
You should run a maximum 29 to 33psi when they are warm. Run two warmup laps with ~30ish psi then go to the pit and check tire temprature and pressure. When they are fully warm they should be around 7-8psi more pressure then they are in their cold state.

Im running 40psi on MPSC on street.
inzani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 07:22 AM   #3
oh2fly

My Ride: 2004 M3
Go to the Michelin site and get the document: Michelin_Care_and_Feeding.pdf. It has a lot of useful info, as you might expect from the title of the document. It's amazing to me how low their recommended pressures are compared to a Hankook Z214 or Hoosier R6.

Have fun.
oh2fly is offline   Reply With Quote