E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > Sponsor Press Releases & New Product Announcements

Sponsor Press Releases & New Product Announcements
Get the latest news and announcements from the site sponsors! To ask a question please use the 'Ask a Sponsor' forum.
Click here to view all the site sponsors and see what they are offering!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-03-2008, 06:15 PM   #41
bigjae1976

My Ride: A car
Send a message via MSN to bigjae1976
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000_328CI View Post
if I'm not mistaken, the a/c control relocation is rather expensive and the labor to do it is rather extensive. If you can DIY, go for it, but if you will have a local installer do it, check on their pricing before buying this.
The HVAC relocation is actually very easy. Just make sure you get the right relocation unit for the button assembly in your car. Some cars have a single button assembly, others have individual buttons.

The double din install is actually fairly easy. I found the most difficult/time consuming part is lining up the head unit with the opening in the bezel. Then of course you have to fit the wiring behind the head unit which was the biggest headache for me.
bigjae1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 04:16 PM   #42
James@Euro-Spec
Sponsor

My Ride: BMW
Send a message via AIM to James@Euro-Spec
All orders shipped!

Fanatics pricing of $240.00 is still good!

James@Euro-Spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 04:47 PM   #43
LeontiyZHP

My Ride: '04 330Ci ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjae1976 View Post
The HVAC relocation is actually very easy. Just make sure you get the right relocation unit for the button assembly in your car. Some cars have a single button assembly, others have individual buttons.

The double din install is actually fairly easy. I found the most difficult/time consuming part is lining up the head unit with the opening in the bezel. Then of course you have to fit the wiring behind the head unit which was the biggest headache for me.
+1.. make sure you order the right unit. I didn't realize that I was ordering the individual button, when I needed the "single." Because of that mistake the install delayed a few weeks! It was not fun looking at my open dash during that time!

It's fairly easy overall.. just make sure you know the steps for it and look through as many diy as u can to get the overall picture of what to do.

2004 330Ci ZHP
Pioneer Avic D3, Xplod Amp w/ 10' Sub |
CCFL Angel Eyes, LED interior/license plate/CREE reverse lights
Car For Sale

DIY Facelift Angel Eyes | AVIC-D3 Install | flickr
LeontiyZHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 10:50 AM   #44
Dj_Frost

My Ride: Ex-2002 330ci owner
Send a message via ICQ to Dj_Frost Send a message via AIM to Dj_Frost Send a message via MSN to Dj_Frost Send a message via Yahoo to Dj_Frost Send a message via Skype™ to Dj_Frost
Quote:
Originally Posted by James@Euro-Spec View Post
All orders shipped!

Fanatics pricing of $240.00 is still good!

Hey James, I'm still waiting for my kit which was ordered and paid on 7/22/2008:

Payment Details
Transaction ID: 8T461870SU2606511
Item Price: $265.00 USD

not very happy with the CS, sent an email asking about status yesterday as well
Dj_Frost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 11:44 PM   #45
James@Euro-Spec
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dj_Frost View Post
Hey James, I'm still waiting for my kit which was ordered and paid on 7/22/2008:

Payment Details
Transaction ID: 8T461870SU2606511
Item Price: $265.00 USD

not very happy with the CS, sent an email asking about status yesterday as well

J.C.,

Sorry, I haven't been in the office for a few days now due to a flu...

I will look into this for you first thing in the morning...

My apologies for any inconveniences.

-James
Old 09-04-2008, 01:22 PM   #46
James@Euro-Spec
Sponsor

Guys, thanks for all the orders.

The special pricing is no longer valid.

Due to increase costs on these, the updated pricing is: $275 shipped!
Old 09-16-2008, 02:05 PM   #47
phibz

My Ride: 05 M3 Cbn Blk
I recently purchased this kit. I would like to share my experience.

Euro-Spec

I placed my order on September 1 and paid $290 with free shipping. When I looked at the item a few days before ordering it was listed at $265. I'm not sure why it went up but I figured it was because it was a promotional price.

My order took two weeks to ship. I emailed euro-spec immediately after placing my order with a correction to my shipping address and received a prompt reply from Paul saying there was a delay until later in the week while they waited for a shipment. A week later I emailed asking about the order status, a tracking number, and the price change from $290 to $275 price but did not receive a reply. Monday, a week after that, I emailed again and received a reply saying he had shipped it the previous Friday. The bracket was delivered that day.

Janus Designs

The kit is a product of janus-design.net so these criticisms only apply to them.

The metal is very lightweight stainless steel that has been punch pressed, bent and spot welded. The metal is very easy to bend, which is good for perfecting the installation, but along the bends it has been punched in a dashed pattern leaving little material left and making the bends fragile. My vent replacement unit and head unit mounting bracket were slightly bent from shipping. When bending one of the tabs on the vent replacement piece back it felt like it was close to breaking. I plan on reinforcing the bends with either solder or some kind of epoxy. Also because the bracket is metal, heat transfer from the ventilation area may be a problem. I plan to apply a layer of dynamat to help insulate and seal the bracket.

The plastic bezel looks to be of good design and fit. There are no mold marks or imperfections on the face of the bezel. However, the painted finish on my bezel feels soft and sticky as if it isn't completely dry. Hopefully I don't have issues with finish flaking or marring.

Overall

If I had to repeat the process I would probably order directly from janus-design. I knowingly paid a premium with the expectation of prompt delivery. euro-spec should note on the web site whether or not they have the item in stock and provide a good shipping experience (tracking numbers, updates, etc.) Since my order took a while to ship I would have liked to have received the price listed when the item shipped. As far as whether or not the kit is worth the expense versus modifying the existing ducting, I believe it has saved me time and allowed me to be able to revert the vehicle back to a stock configuration if I wish. So I feel that the kit is a reasonable value.

Last edited by phibz; 09-16-2008 at 02:25 PM.
phibz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 03:39 AM   #48
TrippinBimmer

My Ride: ZHP Custom Stage 3.5
Send a message via AIM to TrippinBimmer Send a message via Yahoo to TrippinBimmer
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrippinBimmer View Post
Will you hold me one? I just need to get some stuff in order...
Quote:
Originally Posted by James@Euro-Spec View Post
Sure!

Also, all other PM's & questions replied. Check your PM's.
Do I still get my special pricing? $240 Shipped? If so, I am ready to order it now...

Last edited by TrippinBimmer; 10-01-2008 at 03:49 AM.
TrippinBimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 10:08 AM   #49
phibz

Quote:
Do I still get my special pricing? $240 Shipped? If so, I am ready to order it now...
I was told no that the special offer was discontinued.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by phibz
I saw you were offering special pricing for forum members on the double din install kit. Are you still offering this and if so what do I need to do to get the pricing?

I'm wanting to install a double din HU (Alpine IVA-W505) into my 2001 M3 Convertible.

Thanks!
Sorry, the introductory special pricing ended a while back.

You may purchase the item directly from our website now. Here's the item link.

-James
Old 10-01-2008, 12:56 PM   #50
TrippinBimmer

Send a message via AIM to TrippinBimmer Send a message via Yahoo to TrippinBimmer
Quote:
Originally Posted by phibz View Post
I was told no that the special offer was discontinued.
I can't see how its gone up in pricing. When Janus Designs himself still sales it for $220 plus $20 bucks shipping? This is outrages! Why jack up the price when Janus Designs sell it for less? I would thought vendors would hook up E46Fanatics Consumers. But, Got to Jack them for every penny they have? I guess, I will ask Khoalty can he hook me up on this Item...
Old 10-01-2008, 04:46 PM   #51
phibz

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrippinBimmer View Post
I can't see how its gone up in pricing. When Janus Designs himself still sales it for $220 plus $20 bucks shipping? This is outrages! Why jack up the price when Janus Designs sell it for less? I would thought vendors would hook up E46Fanatics Consumers. But, Got to Jack them for every penny they have? I guess, I will ask Khoalty can he hook me up on this Item...
I suggest you read my earlier longer post about my experience.

I purchased the bracket for a premium with the expectation that the part would ship more quickly than Janus Design could ship from Germany. I suggest you save yourself the time and head ache. Order directly from Janus Design.
Old 10-01-2008, 10:11 PM   #52
TrippinBimmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by phibz View Post
I suggest you read my earlier longer post about my experience.

I purchased the bracket for a premium with the expectation that the part would ship more quickly than Janus Design could ship from Germany. I suggest you save yourself the time and head ache. Order directly from Janus Design.
I guess so....
Old 10-06-2008, 12:27 PM   #53
amunoz27e

My Ride: 325ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by ltng View Post
do you sell the A/C control relocation kit as well?
Tom at EAS has it.

Bilstein PSS10 Coilovers | Highline Tuning Catback Exhaust | Double Din Audio | Lots of Carbon Fiber Interior/Engine Bay | 19x8,19x9.5 Wheels | RIP - Reiger Body Kit .
amunoz27e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 12:54 PM   #54
Fedor1

My Ride: 2004 325ci vert
Would this be possible for a local pickup? I've sent a pm.
Fedor1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 08:52 PM   #55
rvariverguy

My Ride: 2003 ZHP Sedan
Hey, you still selling this kit? I just need the bezel face, nothing else. If you have a spare let me know. Thanks!
rvariverguy is offline   Reply With Quote