E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > Sponsor Press Releases & New Product Announcements

Sponsor Press Releases & New Product Announcements
Get the latest news and announcements from the site sponsors! To ask a question please use the 'Ask a Sponsor' forum.
Click here to view all the site sponsors and see what they are offering!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-15-2008, 10:02 AM   #1
umnitza
877•486•6489

My Ride: E39M5, Sequoia
Send a message via Yahoo to umnitza
••ό•• Predator Orion™ V2 Final Release Thread

Since mostly the threads disappear, this is just to put this at the top so people can see. To really get the chronology, start at the top, to get the latest development and news, start at the bottom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by umnitza View Post
So we had a lot of success with Predator Orion. Why not take it a step further. The upgraded more modern look of the Orion version 1, now available in the classic filled out ring of Orion II

We decided to design our own implementation, not using any of the existing manufacturers that are available on the market.

Orion II has the following most important features:

Chromium backing
It's a carry over - but it still gives the rings a finished look.

60 LED ARRAY
But not the low output kind used by the competition of only 600mcd, the higher output kind (and I will not reveal it but it's BRIGHT).

Multi-Stage Clipping System
That's right, no need to decide for only 2 clips. Now you have the ability to install the clip in ANY configuration, 2 clicks? no problem, 3 clicks? no problem? 4 clicks? no problem. This solves the one issue that facelifted sedans had with the product where you sometimes had to dremel your inner trim piece.

Free Upgrade from Orion Version 1 to Version 2
You will only be responsible for shipping both ways, but if you desire to switch, you can. They are however 2 distinctive products and will be offered as such.

Fitment for all headlights:
Projector46, Projector39, Projector53 (coming soon), Projector36, etc.

Carry-Over Features
  • Lifetime Warranty
  • Remote Fade/On Fade/Off
  • PolyCarbonate UV Coated Rings
  • 100K Hours Expected Life
  • Easier Installation than ANY OTHER KIT

From the leaders that brought you every innovation since the beginning of the angel eyes CCFL revolution, comes the next step.

Predator Orion II - Don't be fooled by the "camouflage" - a new prototype ring will be here on Friday, some of the initial ones we tested so far were slightly off on the color, but this one will be 6000k (we've used the preliminary prototypes for a few shots already - one of those is already on the product page), just like the famous Chromiums.

For 2004 Coupe People
They are coming too, only a short time later after Orion II for standard E46s will be released, 2004 Coupes are coming.

For Multi-Color Changing - hang onto your hats
It's coming.

Pre-Orders Starting Now:
http://www.umnitza.com/product_info....oducts_id=1198

Delivery announcement will be made in 1 week
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gobanna View Post
Orion II multicolor teaser video

Quote:
Here is Orion V2.

We actually have 2 more final release candidates we're testing along side this main one, we'll release photos of them later today or tomorrow.

Don't be fooled by final release candidate - these are finished and ready for production. We're turning the spigot on for production and should be able to deliver these promptly.

But there are a few things we're not showcasing here:
1) We are not showing you the multi-point clipping system, but we do have a video of it that I'll release within a few days. This multi-point (not 2) will allow you to adjust the ring on xenon, non-xenon, facelifted, and any other application of headlight you fancy.

2) We're not showing you the finished Poly ring either, that's reserved for later as we have a few tricks on that one.

3) We're also not showing you the new chromium/reflective backing we've engineered this time.
Quote:
Look, there are 2 competing brands. I know ours is better and I know why, I've already outlined those points.

More importantly, we're doing something unprecedented, we're offering you a free swap between products. We're also offering the product at a significantly reduced savings compared to the "other side".

Let me throw out some hypocrisy that the other side is "dishing out".

1) The first version LED is "pearl" like - but why did they sell a product if they couldn't stand behind it? Seems like the wrong way to "stand behind" a product when 1 month later you are throwing it under the bus. To me, the pearl look is what I wanted designed in the first place. I liked the look of the Audi R8. Seems other customers like it as well.

2) We only have "vapor" - well, we have 3 different final release candidates, now shown. And our price is lower...which brings us to hypocrisy #3 and most importantly.

3) You can't claim that our prices were too high at $199, when you come into the market with a similarly priced product. You can't claim your pricing it correctly when the competition clearly shows the product and for $60 less. Which is it? Were we overpricing it (we weren't - we supported our retail channel on a successful product) or are they overpricing it now (ours is $60 less). Furthermore, we're giving you higher content for your money with higher output. In the pictures below, you'll see the relative output of the "lesser" 60LED kit and ours (installed into the headlight). We did this ONLY to be able to get the color we wanted quicker so we could judge which one works best.

Anyways, without further ado, here's the Version2 in a Projector46:
1) Do you like the output?
2) Do you like which color?
3) yes, we brushed out some of the very detailed information, and I will not tell you about it yet...

Quote:

teaser photos only.
much more information and details to follow
Quote:
Quote:
There are some interesting comments floating around by our competition that we need to address.

1) Comparison photos

We will be releasing comparisons between all 3 products - Predator Chromium, Orion Version 1 and Orion Version 2. Orion Version 2 is the brightest of them all so far, that's why it's more expensive.

2) Value
If you are in the market for angel eyes, don't buy anything unless you feel comfortable and by all means. Just a reminder, ours is priced over $60 less than the highest marketed product out there.

3) Release date and MORE photos
Our product is completed and has been put onto 3 cars already, sadly, only 2 cars were photographed. here's one that was not yet released the Projector46 version:

We have already released our product, yes, shipping is slowed thanks to customs, but it is already out. Real, production units on the market.

4) Proven Innovation
For 5+ years, we've led innovation on angel eyes and continued to support these products and improve upon existing technology of the day. Predator Orion V2 continues our innovation standard. And, yes, our product does do the talking:

FULL SIZE CLICK BELOW
http://www.umnitza.com/albums/E46Orion/e46m3orionii.jpg
Quote:
I'll give you guys an unprecedented view at the product.

In the past, showing our products to the public led immediately to our competitors getting their hands on them and making copies, but this time, because of the recent false claims that we did not innovate, this will prove once again what we are providing is continuing innovation and getting the products to our greatest critics - our customers

We hope our customers will be very pleased with this, so we will describe the changes with each of the pictures below:

• The rear is covered with a full backing that holds the LED system in place. There are no external solder points on the back.
  • The covering serves as an insulation so there are no exposed points of power that could potentially lead to a short in the circuit.
  • The photo shown has additional pads that will not be on a finished ring that you receive, they were originally put there to stabilize the ring, but that is not necessary giving some proprietary mounting techniques being used.

• The clipping system is designed to clip onto all types of headlights. The multiple teeth allow you to have the proper fit no matter what application
  • It's length is sufficient for all applications
  • The clips are very high tension, meaning that once they hold onto something, they don't let go. In the past, depending on how you installed the products, you might have a clip releasing from the ring itself. That will be nearly impossible with this product.
  • Also note that the cover discussed in the previous photo is visible here for great "clarity" of what was discussed earlier.

• The most important aspect of this photo shows how our led ring looks (on the left) and how the other rings will look (on the right). Here, you can see how our side does not "show" through the ring, while competing rings will show.
  • Please notice that there is NO exposed wiring
  • Please also notice that the ring goes all the way to the top of the ring, it does not break 3/4 of the way up and it does not have an exposed parts other than the ring itself

• This is most important part of the rings here - it's CLEAR
  • Also please notice the slim profile of the LEDs so that they are not visible when off.

These are just photos of the product without being on.
We will show you more in the coming days of the technical parts of this product and some of the key specs of fitment, color, longevity, and output.

We hope you feel that your patience will be properly rewarded, your confidence in our ability to deliver a best of breed product, and your hard-earned money will well spent given this information. Photos will follow shortly on the various cars from various angles within this week.

MOST IMPORTANTLY - THANK YOU TO ALL OUR CUSTOMERS. THIS WOULD NOT BE POSSIBLE WITHOUT YOUR CONTINUED SUPPORT!!

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 07-15-2008, 11:05 AM   #2
bouchet

My Ride: ZHP
so much for Aurora. i'm glad i waited it out to see the comparison pics. i can't justify shelling out $200 for an inferior product when i can just swap my v1s for FREE. EAS is still a good company to deal with as I've ordered from them before; they just came up short this time around in the angel eye market (like gary coleman short).

when do these start shipping?

Last edited by bouchet; 07-15-2008 at 11:08 AM.
bouchet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 11:51 AM   #3
umnitza
877•486•6489

Most people will begin receiving theirs (US based) by Friday/Saturday.
Old 07-15-2008, 12:00 PM   #4
M0nk3y
Banned

My Ride: 2002 325xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by bouchet View Post
so much for Aurora. i'm glad i waited it out to see the comparison pics. i can't justify shelling out $200 for an inferior product when i can just swap my v1s for FREE.
Best comment I have seen............
M0nk3y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 01:50 PM   #5
Baaarb

My Ride: 320D
I have always known that Umintza will come with ubeatable orions! The V2 are realy f-ucking gorgeous. I dont understand why competition made "new" angel eyes containing only 3/4 rings of LEDs....and so other mistakes....

Congrat UMNITZA!
Old 07-15-2008, 03:42 PM   #6
\\V

My Ride: 2002 AW 330ci
Very nice! When can I start shipping back my v1?
\\V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 04:57 PM   #7
umnitza
877•486•6489

Shipping back V1 will be available in about 1-2 weeks maximum.
Old 07-15-2008, 06:25 PM   #8
jssm490

My Ride: 2004 325Ci Sports
when the HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL can we get these for facelift coupes wtfff
Old 07-15-2008, 08:53 PM   #9
ricstarr

My Ride: E46 M3
Flat rate ($16) shipping to New Zealand?
ricstarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 08:56 PM   #10
umnitza
877•486•6489

Yep
Old 07-16-2008, 01:38 PM   #11
DMoney79

My Ride: Hillary
Great looking product, Matt... You guys are such innovators over there.
Old 07-16-2008, 02:38 PM   #12
umnitza
877•486•6489

Come on over we'll do a comparo.
Old 07-16-2008, 03:48 PM   #13
///A

My Ride: e92 335is JB4
nice job matt! finally i can return the orion v1 ! it's been sitting on my desk for weeks! I had to go back to chromium lol.

- Retired -
///A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 04:19 PM   #14
umnitza
877•486•6489

We can do the swap mid next week or after that for sure.
Old 07-16-2008, 04:51 PM   #15
Chris-TK

My Ride: Mk VI GTI
Quote:
We can do the swap mid next week or after that for sure.
Yeah looking forward to the swapping out my V1's.
Old 07-16-2008, 06:15 PM   #16
jtkun

My Ride: OrientBlue on CHs
Hi Matt, sent you a 2nd PM today to confirm my payment for the Orion v2 to swap with my v1. Please confirm. Thanks.
Old 07-16-2008, 06:21 PM   #17
JJR4884

My Ride: BMW
Can't wait for the facelift coupes
Old 07-16-2008, 06:21 PM   #18
umnitza
877•486•6489

confirmed 100%
Old 07-16-2008, 07:20 PM   #19
e46TiAg

My Ride: 03 325i
So I'm assuming these angel eyes "Predator Orion™ V2" are in stock and that I don't need to be on a waiting list to order them, am I correct? and how much does it cost to ship to Toronto, Canada?

BTW, these version 2 looks great!
Old 07-16-2008, 07:49 PM   #20
330xiBoarder

My Ride: a car
cant wait for the Orion II multicolor
330xiBoarder is offline   Reply With Quote