E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > General Off-Topic

General Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime" safe and in good taste. You must be logged in to see sub-forums.
Click here to browse all new posts.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-07-2013, 09:30 PM   #101
hi its me alec

My Ride: BMWs + 1988 Pathy
Send a message via AIM to hi its me alec Send a message via MSN to hi its me alec
2013 M5 came in today. God damn, what a beast

hi its me alec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 09:37 PM   #102
BimmerIsMyName

My Ride: 2007 VW Jetta 2.5
So sick. I love it

2007 VW Jetta Wolfsburg 2.5L
Mods: Smoked headlights and tail lights, Clear Side Markers, Front grill chrome delete, BSH Cold Air Intake, MSW 17" Black Wheels, Eibach Pro-Cup Kit, Eibach Anti-Roll Kit (Front and Rear), Magnaflow Catback, 18" BBS CK
BimmerIsMyName is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 01:08 AM   #103
fayraree

My Ride: 04 M3 vert
M5 needs a drop and a half
Old 05-08-2013, 09:24 AM   #104
SLVR JDM

My Ride: reclining rear seats
Quote:
Originally Posted by fayraree View Post
M5 needs a drop and a half
agreed, looks like it is up on stilts

** Removed **
SLVR JDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 09:36 AM   #105
trizzuth

My Ride: gobbles oil like a B
^^ was it manual tranny?

GREAT article in the recent Roundel about a new Manual tranny M5 and how it rev matches on every shift.
Old 05-08-2013, 10:02 AM   #106
boostedisbetter

My Ride: 03 S2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by hi its me alec View Post
2013 M5 came in today. God damn, what a beast

]
IMO it looks extremely plain in this shot.... The rear is nice, but just something about that angle...
Old 05-08-2013, 12:26 PM   #107
RidinBimmerz

My Ride: Porsche 997 S
Alec, just go into sales. I started at a VW dealership at 21 and by 22 was selling Audi. No need for a degree when you make 80k your first year.

997S X-51 Pack, PCCB, Full Cocoa leather and MUCH more
RidinBimmerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 08:02 PM   #108
hi its me alec

Send a message via AIM to hi its me alec Send a message via MSN to hi its me alec
Quote:
Originally Posted by RidinBimmerz View Post
Alec, just go into sales. I started at a VW dealership at 21 and by 22 was selling Audi. No need for a degree when you make 80k your first year.
Alright. That is the plan but I'm thinking I should expedite it a bit

Old 05-09-2013, 12:15 AM   #109
RidinBimmerz

Quote:
Alright. That is the plan but I'm thinking I should expedite it a bit
Dude there's nothing to plan. I had the naive idea at 21 years old that I could walk into a car dealership and sell myself (which is what selling cars is all about).

I chose VW at the time because they had a listing online for hire. The owner happened to be walking by during my interview and hired me on the spot. I did so well that they moved me to Audi, and then into managerial positions within a couple short years.

I can't say if you'll do the same. All I am saying is that there is no plan necessary. There is a "draw" in the pay plan (if your dealer is like most), so if you don't cut it, you'll easily know within the first month.

Just go for it. Sink or swim. Seriously. Best thing I've ever done.

One more thing - dumb yourself down a little bit. The less you know, the better (when getting started). Just make sure you know your pay plan, and enough about the product that you can speak the language. Good luck to you brotha!

Old 05-09-2013, 12:34 AM   #110
fayraree

^that sounds like excellent advice. I can understand alec's fear of failure though, which is why he's taking his sweet time. when I was in grad school, I strongly considered shifting careers and getting into automotive and looked at management programs at all the major manufacturers, all of whom wanted automotive experience in their corporate finance positions. so I snooped around a few major regional dealers and didn't like the F&I position, which is where I'd have to start, so I stuck with my career in banking/consulting. I still wish I was surrounded by cars every day
Old 05-09-2013, 11:26 AM   #111
RidinBimmerz

Quote:
^that sounds like excellent advice. I can understand alec's fear of failure though, which is why he's taking his sweet time. when I was in grad school, I strongly considered shifting careers and getting into automotive and looked at management programs at all the major manufacturers, all of whom wanted automotive experience in their corporate finance positions. so I snooped around a few major regional dealers and didn't like the F&I position, which is where I'd have to start, so I stuck with my career in banking/consulting. I still wish I was surrounded by cars every day
to be honest, you would NOT want to be in F&I without previous auto sales experience. talk about a learning curve!

Old 05-09-2013, 08:33 PM   #112
hi its me alec

Yeah, my big gripe with changing positions is that I've never been happier at the work place. I don't want it to get worse. I can take any car on the lot for 30 mins and nobody would blink an eye. Took the M5 out within 2 minutes of getting the car off the truck, then hid the keys from the sales guys and threw them to my good friend who does all of our detailing. I'm totally in control (of some things) and totally out of control of others. Obviously there are drawbacks to both, but I only have to answer to the owner of the company, so the 'out of control' part doesn't get to me.

For example, today I got to drive our AP1 S2000 about 30 miles down a tree-surrounded highway, and that's just a regular trip back from the exhaust shop. I mean, I really can't think of a better job than reconditioning cars, it's what I truly love to do in my spare time.

But yeah, I need more money for my own cars, so that's where my stubbornness to change positions goes out the window.

Last edited by hi its me alec; 05-09-2013 at 08:34 PM.
Old 05-09-2013, 09:06 PM   #113
RidinBimmerz

Quote:
Yeah, my big gripe with changing positions is that I've never been happier at the work place. I don't want it to get worse. I can take any car on the lot for 30 mins and nobody would blink an eye. Took the M5 out within 2 minutes of getting the car off the truck, then hid the keys from the sales guys and threw them to my good friend who does all of our detailing. I'm totally in control (of some things) and totally out of control of others. Obviously there are drawbacks to both, but I only have to answer to the owner of the company, so the 'out of control' part doesn't get to me.

For example, today I got to drive our AP1 S2000 about 30 miles down a tree-surrounded highway, and that's just a regular trip back from the exhaust shop. I mean, I really can't think of a better job than reconditioning cars, it's what I truly love to do in my spare time.

But yeah, I need more money for my own cars, so that's where my stubbornness to change positions goes out the window.
I was beginning to seriously question your priorities until I read this last sentence.

Think long term. If you're good at it, the money will be so good that you can buy your own sick cars and flip em through your work. I have "unofficially owned" an F430 coupe, a Gallardo coupe and a Gallardo Spyder to name a few. By that I mean I have purchased on the floorplan (not sure if you know what that is yet ) and flipped before the payment was due, while driving them home and anywhere in between exclusively in the meantime. Part of the reason why I hate all of the "based on how they look" reviews we see on this site

Just structure a deal so that if it doesn't work out, you can go back to doing what you were doing. I am not saying that sales is easy. In fact it sucks terribly at times. But the money...

Old 05-09-2013, 11:04 PM   #114
fayraree

Some amazing cars from work...

Aren't floor plan payments due in 2-4 days?

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Old 05-09-2013, 11:05 PM   #115
fayraree

Some amazing cars from work...

Last edited by fayraree; 05-10-2013 at 03:03 AM.
fayraree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 11:18 PM   #116
RidinBimmerz

Quote:
Aren't floor plan payments due in 2-4 days?

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
depends on your floor plan. ours is every 60!

Old 04-29-2014, 02:04 AM   #117
hi its me alec

$400k, all Nissan

Hope u like Crosscabriolets

Regal Red, amazing color

Not work-related

New battery

This is what a snow drift looks like