E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Lighting Forum

Lighting Forum
Angel Eyes, DDEs, lighted rings, Clear Turn Signals, LEDs, Xenon, HID, or Bi-Xenon. If it lights up and you want to discuss it, post here!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 07-23-2008, 12:32 AM   #41
dmon_101

My Ride: has sexy fogs/shoes
Send a message via AIM to dmon_101
Yeah.

On another note, I had the perfect night for testing my yellow fogs. Got the projector fogs off the car and inside, and worked on them while it poured. Then it cleared up, and I put the fogs/HIDs back in. Since it had rained, there was a lot of fog on the road. And all I can say is WOW, these things help you see EVERYTHING, even when there's fogs. It's nothing short of downright amazing.

Dealer Programmable Options | Projector Fogs FTW
There are a lot of Fs and too many Ks in the F/M/K scenario <- posted before I met my wife
To answer your question, it's something you can find by searching the forum or using Google
dmon_101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 12:32 AM   #42
dmon_101

Yeah.

On another note, I had the perfect night for testing my yellow fogs. Got the projector fogs off the car and inside, and worked on them while it poured. Then it cleared up, and I put the fogs/HIDs back in. Since it had rained, there was a lot of fog on the road. And all I can say is WOW, these things help you see EVERYTHING, even when there's fogs. It's nothing short of downright amazing.

There are a lot of Fs and too many Ks in the F/M/K scenario <- posted before I met my wife
To answer your question, it's something you can find by searching the forum or using Google
Old 07-23-2008, 07:35 AM   #43
kaput

My Ride: 2002 M3 SMG
Send a message via AIM to kaput
Yellow driving glasses change the wavelength going to your eyes, not make the light you perceive darker.

See SWAT shooting glasses.

No reason people would burst into a dark building wearing something imparing their vision.

As for the bulbs.... Still waiting.

2002 M3
kaput is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 09:36 AM   #44
bimmerchop

My Ride: spins 4
Send a message via AIM to bimmerchop
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmon_101 View Post
Yeah.

Just simply because I like the look of just the two inner rings on.

"A turbo: exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster." - Jeremy Clarkson

euro.techniks

EPL | TiAL | SDR | APR | Stratmosphere | 034 | ASP | SPEC | Fidanza | STaSIS | H-Sport | AWE | H&R | StopTech | BBS
bimmerchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 11:44 AM   #45
Tom///

My Ride: 95 M3 RIP, tpz 330ci
Eff going with HIDS you just waste money on something Nokya can do off of Ebay for waaaaay cheaper and looks GREAT.

I have always loved the Lexus contrast, yellow laminex is a baaaad idea it will always be yellow yeeech.

Tom
Old 07-23-2008, 12:03 PM   #46
NorthJersey 3er

My Ride: '03 M3 / '72 2002tii
I got yellow highbeams and I love em. when theyre off the bulbs reflect in the chrome backing and are a dim yellow

co-founder of
euro techniks

NorthJersey 3er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 01:29 PM   #47
e34werkz

My Ride: F30
Yellow highs here and 3000k fogs. Wish the fogs were a deeper yellow though.

BMWCCA Member#395677
e34werkz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 06:30 PM   #48
BMW_Stu

My Ride: HPF 330ci
i had yellow fogs on my camaro, they were piaa ion fog lights, i loved it, ive been tryin to get that back. i ordered some yellow bulbes on epay from europrojekts, they suck they are just sort of like a dim off white. i was gonna say screw it but reading this post made me want it again, i ordered some 4300k bulbs, i hope these r yellow enough, if anyone wants to check out the bulbs, please let me kno, what u think, if they will be closer to yellow, or more white. heres the link

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...SA:MOTORS:1123
BMW_Stu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 06:55 PM   #49
carcus

My Ride: 2006 BMW M5
I have 6000K low beams and Nokya yellow fogs. I use them in the fog and they work pretty good. I would not recommend yellow high beams as high beams are the last thing you want to use in the fog. I am happy with the Nokya bulbs though when I have to use them. They work great and the price was right. Remember though, if you are running yellow fogs without fog, you can in most states get a ticket. If you run yellow lights for headlights....most of the time, you will be owned by the local cops, just like very high K hids...and crazy demon eyes or bright blue halos. Red and blue are emergency colors...cops do not like that.

BTW....every winter, I sport a tow hook also...LOL. In Colorado winter in the snow without an Xi, good to have on when my Jeep comes to pull it out. Another note regarding the tow hook....do make sure if your car is towed on a flat bed, make sure you use the one in your tool box so you do not jack up your alignment.
Old 07-23-2008, 07:00 PM   #50
dmon_101

Quote:
Originally Posted by carcus View Post
I have 6000K low beams and Nokya yellow fogs. I use them in the fog and they work pretty good. I would not recommend yellow high beams as high beams are the last thing you want to use in the fog. I am happy with the Nokya bulbs though when I have to use them. They work great and the price was right. Remember though, if you are running yellow fogs without fog, you can in most states get a ticket. If you run yellow lights for headlights....most of the time, you will be owned by the local cops, just like very high K hids...and crazy demon eyes or bright blue halos. Red and blue are emergency colors...cops do not like that.

BTW....every winter, I sport a tow hook also...LOL. In Colorado winter in the snow without an Xi, good to have on when my Jeep comes to pull it out. Another note regarding the tow hook....do make sure if your car is towed on a flat bed, make sure you use the one in your tool box so you do not jack up your alignment.
Yeah, I think it's illegal to have you fogs on without fog or in the city. I only put them on when I'm in a poorly-lit area with fog, which is the only time you should have them on. Whenever I see a car driving around before dusk with its parking lights and fogs on, but no headlights, I pray they get pulled over.

Old 07-23-2008, 07:10 PM   #51
Brandon26pdx

My Ride: Subway
Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrothunderr86 View Post
i had yellow fogs on my camaro, they were piaa ion fog lights, i loved it, ive been tryin to get that back. i ordered some yellow bulbes on epay from europrojekts, they suck they are just sort of like a dim off white. i was gonna say screw it but reading this post made me want it again, i ordered some 4300k bulbs, i hope these r yellow enough, if anyone wants to check out the bulbs, please let me kno, what u think, if they will be closer to yellow, or more white. heres the link

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...SA:MOTORS:1123
Cancel that and get these:

http://www.hoen-usa.com/weather.htm

Better quality
Brandon26pdx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 07:25 PM   #52
carcus

My Ride: 2006 BMW M5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon26pdx View Post
Cancel that and get these:

http://www.hoen-usa.com/weather.htm

Better quality
I agree, also 4300K is not going to be the yellow he wants. If I remember the Nokya are 2500K. They are more of a yellow fog light like used in Europe. So far I have had no problems with my bulbs. I expect the hoen ones will cost quite a bit more than the Nokya. Just my 2 cents. And the higher wattage did not melt anything either.

Old 07-23-2008, 07:26 PM   #53
davidwarren
Halfway to 2L

My Ride: 2010 335i
I just got 3000K HID fogs.

You down with UCC? Ya you know me!
sowing the seeds of jiggery pokery
davidwarren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 10:00 PM   #54
dmon_101

Old 07-24-2008, 10:52 PM   #55
///M3 David

My Ride: 2004 M3
6000k Low Beam and 3000k HID Fogs. All I can say is...HID Yellow Fogs are the best in my opinion. I can drive at night with just the fogs on. The white Low Beam mixed with the yellow Fogs light up the entire freeway.

I live in LA and I haven't had any problems with cops.
///M3 David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 01:32 AM   #56
BM2ner

My Ride: '04 Dinan S2 ///M3
I had a pair of Nokya Yellow foglight bulbs. Never had a problem with police.

WTB: Black CF ACS Rep Front Lip
BM2ner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 01:12 AM   #57
SL Blak Soldier

My Ride: 3 Pedal SG S54B32
Send a message via AIM to SL Blak Soldier
i run yellow drls/highs and 3000k fogs with laminx. i've never had a problem.

you guys like my one sided corner delete

...my corner bulbs are acutally yellow now as well. (the bulbs)
Old 07-27-2008, 03:20 AM   #58
phamine

My Ride: 01 Orient Blue 330i
Send a message via AIM to phamine Send a message via Yahoo to phamine
Quote:
Originally Posted by BM2ner View Post
I had a pair of Nokya Yellow foglight bulbs. Never had a problem with police.

I think I'm going to put my Narva gold bulbs from my fogs to my high beam. They aren't as yellow as the Nokya but they illuminate the road pretty well.

Those Nokya bulbs looks like a deep bright yellow.
phamine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 01:52 PM   #59
Judbud

My Ride: 04 330i ZHP
Question Best Place to Buy Nokya Bulbs

Now that I'm sold on the Yellow Fogs!
Where can I pick up some Nokya's??? Ebay?
Do any local auto parts shops carry them? Autozone?

Also I'm assuming H7 bulb is the High Beam Bulb?
and the 9006 is the fog light bulb type?

Thank You!!!!
Judbud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 07:13 PM   #60
BMW_Stu

My Ride: HPF 330ci
BMW_Stu is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
light, lighting