E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > General E46 Forum

General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-31-2003, 10:15 PM   #1
323iguy
99 323 with a few dents
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: boston
Posts: 514
My Ride: 99 323i, 96 328conv.
Send a message via AIM to 323iguy
crashed my baby

it was raining slash snowing in my town today took a left goping a little to fast skided left over corrected right went over a large snowbank into an electric box nocking the cover off riped some stuff out from under the car no fog lights anymore and the front bumper wrecked... im sad and i got a 100 dollar ticket for not staying in my lane... yea im sad
323iguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 01-31-2003, 10:20 PM   #2
carguy84
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Waltham
Posts: 1,972
My Ride: 330i
Ouch a cop saw you do that and he ticketed you??? weak.

Snow tires? I was out driving around tonight, didn't have my DSC kick in though, but I could tell it was beginning to ice up.

Time for an aftermarket bumper

Where are you going to bring it to get fixed?

And blah blah blah, keep it slow in the snow, blah blah blah....
Chip-
carguy84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2003, 10:21 PM   #3
Ruffryder07
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Fort Rucker, Alabama
Posts: 266
My Ride: Steel Gray 325
Dude thats fu**ed up. They gave you a ticket after all that happend. Man, I would fight that ticket. Sorry to hear about your ride. Hope things get better for you. Sorry cuz........
__________________
Ruffryder07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2003, 10:53 PM   #4
Collegefour
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: CO, USA
Posts: 204
My Ride: 2001 Tpz Blue 330Ci
Re: crashed my baby

Quote:
Originally posted by 323iguy
[B]took a left goping a little to fast skided left over corrected right went over a large snowbank into an electric box nocking the cover off riped some stuff out from under the car
Quote:
Ouch a cop saw you do that and he ticketed you??? weak.
He admits to going a little too fast. Why shouldn't he get a ticket? What if you had been coming the other way when this happened?
Maybe this ticket will prevent a future accident in which someone is seriously injured or killed. I'm glad you're sad, 323iguy. Keep this feeling in your pocket and take it out the next time you feel like going too fast for conditions. The life you save may be your own.
__________________
Bad boys, bad boys, whatcha gonna do? Whatcha gonna do when dey come for you?

There is no Civilization without the "Civil" part.
Collegefour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2003, 11:15 PM   #5
misshift
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: NY
Posts: 1,165
My Ride: 2010 E63 AMG
Re: Re: crashed my baby

Quote:
Originally posted by Collegefour




He admits to going a little too fast. Why shouldn't he get a ticket? What if you had been coming the other way when this happened?
Maybe this ticket will prevent a future accident in which someone is seriously injured or killed. I'm glad you're sad, 323iguy. Keep this feeling in your pocket and take it out the next time you feel like going too fast for conditions. The life you save may be your own.
I agree. In fact I feel that he should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law and perhaps have his arms cut off to teach him a lesson. After we cut off his arms we will put him behind the wheel of a Hyundai going 100+mph into a nuclear power plant so that he can understand the concept of speeding. He fails to recognize that we live in a Utopian society in which every law official stops fully at every stop sign, takes turns around bends at percise speeds, and would never dare rip a tag off of a mattress. Let justice prevail!
misshift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2003, 11:19 PM   #6
Ruffryder07
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Fort Rucker, Alabama
Posts: 266
My Ride: Steel Gray 325
Re: Re: Re: crashed my baby

Quote:
Originally posted by jonb325ci


I agree. In fact I feel that he should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law and perhaps have his arms cut off to teach him a lesson. After we cut off his arms we will put him behind the wheel of a Hyundai going 100+mph into a nuclear power plant so that he can understand the concept of speeding. He fails to recognize that we live in a Utopian society in which every law official stops fully at every stop sign, takes turns around bends at percise speeds, and would never dare rip a tag off of a mattress. Let justice prevail!
__________________
Ruffryder07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2003, 11:22 PM   #7
BAVARIAN323i
Ballin'
 
Join Date: Dec 1969
Location: Boston, Ma
Posts: 2,504
My Ride: 1999 323i
Send a message via AIM to BAVARIAN323i
Re: Re: Re: crashed my baby

Quote:
Originally posted by jonb325ci


I agree. In fact I feel that he should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law and perhaps have his arms cut off to teach him a lesson. After we cut off his arms we will put him behind the wheel of a Hyundai going 100+mph into a nuclear power plant so that he can understand the concept of speeding. He fails to recognize that we live in a Utopian society in which every law official stops fully at every stop sign, takes turns around bends at percise speeds, and would never dare rip a tag off of a mattress. Let justice prevail!

____

Sorry to hear that man...:sad:
__________________
SOLD

1999 e46
-Jim Confronti Shark Injector Software
-18x8.5 Breyton Inspirations
-Bridgestone S-03 Potenza Pole Positionís
-H&R CupKit w/ M3 RSM & Z3 plate
-UUC Pedals
-European Lights w/ Silvervision Bulbs all around
-DEI Shock Sensor
BAVARIAN323i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2003, 12:08 AM   #8
andy 323i
 
Join Date: Dec 1969
Location: my imagination
Posts: 34
My Ride: a gas guzzler
Send a message via AIM to andy 323i
wow
sorry to hear that dude
call circle or pacific if you want a mtcch bumper i have the whole parts lift for the parts that i got for my mteck when i wreckd the front of my car
__________________
I'm BACK

andy 323i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2003, 12:23 AM   #9
Collegefour
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: CO, USA
Posts: 204
My Ride: 2001 Tpz Blue 330Ci
Re: Re: Re: crashed my baby

Quote:
Originally posted by jonb325ci


I agree. In fact I feel that he should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law and perhaps have his arms cut off to teach him a lesson. After we cut off his arms we will put him behind the wheel of a Hyundai going 100+mph into a nuclear power plant so that he can understand the concept of speeding. He fails to recognize that we live in a Utopian society in which every law official stops fully at every stop sign, takes turns around bends at percise speeds, and would never dare rip a tag off of a mattress. Let justice prevail!
Being a smart@$$ = Easy
Being a responsible adult = Not so easy

I'm going to take a chance here and guess that you're under twenty five years old. But your post WAS kinda funny.
__________________
Bad boys, bad boys, whatcha gonna do? Whatcha gonna do when dey come for you?

There is no Civilization without the "Civil" part.
Collegefour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2003, 12:37 AM   #10
ferg2001
Race Gas is good
 
Join Date: Dec 1969
Location: Atown
Posts: 290
My Ride: 2002 M3
I love cops! I love how they give out tickets like candy.I love how they are soooo powerful. I love how they are always right. I love how they can put on their flashers to run the red light. I love how I see them parked at the krispy kreme up the road two minutes later. I love how they can't catch the ******* stealing lawnmowers in my neigborhood. I love how they harass my black friend. I love how they pointed shotguns at me because I "fit the description" I love how when the found out it wasnt me they didnt even say "Im sorry I made you **** in your pants." I love cops.
ferg2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2003, 01:29 AM   #11
bradleyg
unregistered user
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: TX
Posts: 798
My Ride: '02 325ci
Quote:
Originally posted by ferg2001
I love cops! I love how they give out tickets like candy.I love how they are soooo powerful. I love how they are always right. I love how they can put on their flashers to run the red light. I love how I see them parked at the krispy kreme up the road two minutes later. I love how they can't catch the ******* stealing lawnmowers in my neigborhood. I love how they harass my black friend. I love how they pointed shotguns at me because I "fit the description" I love how when the found out it wasnt me they didnt even say "Im sorry I made you **** in your pants." I love cops.
bradleyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2003, 01:38 AM   #12
Ruffryder07
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Fort Rucker, Alabama
Posts: 266
My Ride: Steel Gray 325
Quote:
Originally posted by ferg2001
I love how they can't catch the ******* stealing lawnmowers in my neigborhood.
Damn not the lawnmower...........why
__________________
Ruffryder07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2003, 05:20 AM   #13
carguy84
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Waltham
Posts: 1,972
My Ride: 330i
Quote:
What if you had been coming the other way when this happened?
I'd say "damn, that whining b1tch on e46fanatics was right, what a shame, if only I ripped into the guy after he already hit me...."

Yeah, good reference


Chip-
carguy84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2003, 02:53 PM   #14
Alan
Registered User
 
Alan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Maryland
Posts: 3,268
My Ride: 2006 M3
Quote:
Originally posted by Ruffryder07
Dude thats fu**ed up. They gave you a ticket after all that happend. Man, I would fight that ticket. Sorry to hear about your ride. Hope things get better for you. Sorry cuz........
You are right , of course. On this board no-one is responsible for their actions. We just do whatever we feel like and the hell with everyone else - after all, the only important thing is ME. Cops are always wrong and the laws only apply to everyone else - WE know better and are empowered with special superhero car driving skills.

(Even when we hot dog a turn too fast for the road conditions, loose control and end up damaging our car and someone else's property). Hmmmm - must be someone else's fault!

[[Shaking my head ruefully.....]] Everyone sing the Peter Pan song now:

PETER PAN:
Repeat after me:
I won't grow up,
(I won't grow up)
I don't want to go to school.
(I don't want to go to school)
Just to learn to be an adult,
(Just to learn to be an adult)
And drive within the rule.
(And drive within the rule)
If growing up means
It would be beneath my dignity to admit I'm wrong,
I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up
Not me!
Not I,
Not me!
Not me!
I won't grow up,
(I won't grow up)
I don't want to wear a tie.
(I don't want to wear a tie)
And a serious expression
(And a serious expression)
In the middle of July.
(In the middle of July)
And if it means I must prepare
To shoulder burdens with a worried air,

I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up
Not me,
Not I,
Not me!
So there!
Never gonna be a man,
I won't!
Like to see somebody try
And make me.
Anyone who wants to try
And make me turn into a man,
Catch me if you can.
I won't grow up.
Not a penny will I pinch.
I will never grow a mustache,
Or a fraction of an inch.
'Cause growing up is awfuller
Than all the awful things that ever were.
I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up,
No sir,
Not I,
Not me,
So there!

I won't grow up!
(I won't grow up)
I will never even try
(I will never even try)
I will do what Peter tells me
(I will do what Peter tells me)
And I'll never ask him why
(And I'll never ask him why)

We won't grow up!
(We won't grow up)
We will never grow a day
(We will never grow a day)
And if someone tries to make it
(And if someone tries to make it)
We will simply run away
(We will simply run away)

I won't grow up!
(I won't grow up)
No, I promise that I won't
(No, I promise that I won't)
I will stay a boy forever
(I will stay a boy forever)
And be banished if I don't!
(And be banished if I don't)

And Never Land will always be
The home of beauty and joy
And neverty
I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up
Not me!
No sir!
Not me!
Alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2003, 03:12 PM   #15
andy 323i
 
Join Date: Dec 1969
Location: my imagination
Posts: 34
My Ride: a gas guzzler
Send a message via AIM to andy 323i
Quote:
Originally posted by ferg2001
I love cops! I love how they give out tickets like candy.I love how they are soooo powerful. I love how they are always right. I love how they can put on their flashers to run the red light. I love how I see them parked at the krispy kreme up the road two minutes later. I love how they can't catch the ******* stealing lawnmowers in my neigborhood. I love how they harass my black friend. I love how they pointed shotguns at me because I "fit the description" I love how when the found out it wasnt me they didnt even say "Im sorry I made you **** in your pants." I love cops.
__________________
I'm BACK

andy 323i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2003, 03:13 PM   #16
andy 323i
 
Join Date: Dec 1969
Location: my imagination
Posts: 34
My Ride: a gas guzzler
Send a message via AIM to andy 323i
Re: Re: Re: crashed my baby

Quote:
Originally posted by jonb325ci


I agree. In fact I feel that he should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law and perhaps have his arms cut off to teach him a lesson. After we cut off his arms we will put him behind the wheel of a Hyundai going 100+mph into a nuclear power plant so that he can understand the concept of speeding. He fails to recognize that we live in a Utopian society in which every law official stops fully at every stop sign, takes turns around bends at percise speeds, and would never dare rip a tag off of a mattress. Let justice prevail!

__________________
I'm BACK

andy 323i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2003, 03:14 PM   #17
andy 323i
 
Join Date: Dec 1969
Location: my imagination
Posts: 34
My Ride: a gas guzzler
Send a message via AIM to andy 323i
Quote:
Originally posted by Alan




(Even when we hot dog a turn too fast for the road conditions, loose control and end up damaging our car and someone else's property). Hmmmm - must be someone else's fault!


__________________
I'm BACK

andy 323i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2003, 12:14 PM   #18
323iguy
99 323 with a few dents
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: boston
Posts: 514
My Ride: 99 323i, 96 328conv.
Send a message via AIM to 323iguy
it was totally my fault and i feel like a jack ass for doing this i thought i would just share my bad expirience with other e46 drivers to alert them .... if you havent crashed your e46 yet you dont want to and driving the way i was was stupid
323iguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2003, 07:14 PM   #19
MachRc
E46Fanatic
 
MachRc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: City of Angels
Posts: 6,503
My Ride: 2003 Technik S1 M3
Quote:
Originally posted by Alan


You are right , of course. On this board no-one is responsible for their actions. We just do whatever we feel like and the hell with everyone else - after all, the only important thing is ME. Cops are always wrong and the laws only apply to everyone else - WE know better and are empowered with special superhero car driving skills.

(Even when we hot dog a turn too fast for the road conditions, loose control and end up damaging our car and someone else's property). Hmmmm - must be someone else's fault!

[[Shaking my head ruefully.....]] Everyone sing the Peter Pan song now:

PETER PAN:
Repeat after me:
I won't grow up,
(I won't grow up)
I don't want to go to school.
(I don't want to go to school)
Just to learn to be an adult,
(Just to learn to be an adult)
And drive within the rule.
(And drive within the rule)
If growing up means
It would be beneath my dignity to admit I'm wrong,
I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up
Not me!
Not I,
Not me!
Not me!
I won't grow up,
(I won't grow up)
I don't want to wear a tie.
(I don't want to wear a tie)
And a serious expression
(And a serious expression)
In the middle of July.
(In the middle of July)
And if it means I must prepare
To shoulder burdens with a worried air,

I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up
Not me,
Not I,
Not me!
So there!
Never gonna be a man,
I won't!
Like to see somebody try
And make me.
Anyone who wants to try
And make me turn into a man,
Catch me if you can.
I won't grow up.
Not a penny will I pinch.
I will never grow a mustache,
Or a fraction of an inch.
'Cause growing up is awfuller
Than all the awful things that ever were.
I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up,
No sir,
Not I,
Not me,
So there!

I won't grow up!
(I won't grow up)
I will never even try
(I will never even try)
I will do what Peter tells me
(I will do what Peter tells me)
And I'll never ask him why
(And I'll never ask him why)

We won't grow up!
(We won't grow up)
We will never grow a day
(We will never grow a day)
And if someone tries to make it
(And if someone tries to make it)
We will simply run away
(We will simply run away)

I won't grow up!
(I won't grow up)
No, I promise that I won't
(No, I promise that I won't)
I will stay a boy forever
(I will stay a boy forever)
And be banished if I don't!
(And be banished if I don't)

And Never Land will always be
The home of beauty and joy
And neverty
I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up
Not me!
No sir!
Not me!
um okay wendy..if we fock up it lands on us..
everyone makes a mistakes.i dont think he was blaming anyone else except himself.



i pesonally like the toys R us song betta..
__________________

"And all of my limitations begin to fade away. In this place I have freedom It's here I wish to stay.
Thoughts become distant feelings, I'm going with the flow. I'll just sit still now and begin by letting go...
begin by letting go...."
MachRc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2003, 07:32 PM   #20
Harvinator
Oaf
 
Join Date: Dec 1969
Location: The Hurricane State
Posts: 950
My Ride: 330 ci
Send a message via AIM to Harvinator
LOL - I love how we here on the board start fighting over the smallest things...

I don't think he should fight the ticket. After all he admitted to going a bit too fast in unsafe conditions. That said, WTF can't the cop show a bit of empathy towards someone who's just found himself in a sh!tty situation? I'm sick of hearing these stories because I have been treated like crap at 100% of the traffic stops I've been involved in (always my fault - treated the officer with nothing but the utmost courtesy and respect), and have needed their help three times in my life (all breaking/entering) and have been failed completely.

I know there are decent cops out there who don't power trip and do their job with courtesy. I hope to meet up with you guys someday because as of today I haven't



(and andy, stop post wh0ring )
__________________
.....
Harvinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Censor is ON





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:22 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use