E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Love Line

Love Line

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-22-2008, 10:54 AM   #1
Boosted330
Eurowerkz Co-Founder

My Ride: 993Cabrio/f30 335xi
Send a message via AIM to Boosted330
havent had a girlfriend in almost 5 years...

so im 23 and havent had a girlfriend since my 19th birthday. it was my first relationship and first everything, went out for 2.5 years. i've had lots of girls around that i would hook up with/hang out with for a while, but didnt call any of them my gf or treat them like one. i kinda want a gf, but dont know what to think about it, it seems a little odd to me. being single is getting boring w/ the same conversation over and over. any advice from someone older who's done something like that?

Past:
2010 MB C300 Sport
2001 BMW 330ci, Eurowerkz Co-Founding Car
1999 Shelby SP360 #150
Boosted330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 11:23 AM   #2
blownE30M3

My Ride: 2004 JB M3
Send a message via AIM to blownE30M3
Be patient. One will come around sooner or later. If you rush it you'll get a crazy. I waited about 3 years and finally found one that im interested in keeping.

Home Automation and A/V Programming
http://www.xsdesignstudios.com
blownE30M3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 11:40 AM   #3
2000_328CI
DK Jack Sparrow

My Ride: 328Ci | Range Rover
Send a message via AIM to 2000_328CI Send a message via MSN to 2000_328CI
Quote:
Originally Posted by blownE30M3 View Post
Be patient. One will come around sooner or later. If you rush it you'll get a crazy. I waited about 3 years and finally found one that im interested in keeping.
agreed... i know it doesn't really help but the thing to keep in mind is that the way to a gf is by doing what you're doing now (hooking up with random people you meet). Do it enough and you will find one worth more of your time that you really like

Everything you need to know on muffler deletes : http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=745244
2000_328CI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 02:34 PM   #4
Bartacus

My Ride: 2002 320i Sedan
Patience man. Dumb as it might sound, you learn a lot about yourself by being alone for a while. Don't let people push you into getting a new gf "just because" you've been single for a bit. Waiting a bit longer for a quality woman is a lot better than rushing into a relationship that will turn crappy because you jumped too soon. I lost count of how many friends have ended up in bad relationships that way, and they all end in misery.

Bart
Bartacus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 05:48 PM   #5
kush
I screwed up and can't post

My Ride: gti
just be more aggressive. go out more and don't be afraid to talk to people... confidence
kush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 06:33 PM   #6
BIZ323

My Ride: Miyagi
Send a message via AIM to BIZ323
Forget about women. I know your libido will not really allow this but its your best game.

Do what ever you want and women will chase after you. If your out and about trying to meet women, chances are 5 other guys already hit on her. Think about where you would go to try to meet women... Like bars, and such. Typical pickup places.. These girls get hit on non stop.

Do what interests you, and when girls (less then 30) appear, throw in a splash of bad boy, prepare to put on condom! In other words, go your own way.

That is about the hardest way, but the most rewarding. After all the pot of gold is at the end of the rainbow!
Old 07-22-2008, 08:01 PM   #7
bavari13

My Ride: ZHP & E90 335i
It's perfectly naturally to want someone else. Give it time man.

ps. <3 the porsche
bavari13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 10:31 PM   #8
jailonacs99

My Ride: 2011 335is
Ya, don't rush the relationship idea. I've done that, and even though they can last a bit, they can indeed make you crazy.

I've been doing the dating/playing the field thing for the first real time in years. I had a long relationship in highschool, was pretty much COMPLETELY single my first couple of years of college, then had a 5 year relationship before another 1 year relationship right after that. Since that breakup, there's only been one girl I've gone out with I'd even want to be serious with but that can't work out. Either way, I know it'll happen with the right person eventually and typically when you're not looking for it.
Old 07-23-2008, 12:41 PM   #9
dokebito

My Ride: 2000 E46 323ci
Send a message via AIM to dokebito Send a message via MSN to dokebito
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIZ323 View Post
Forget about women. I know your libido will not really allow this but its your best game.

Do what ever you want and women will chase after you. If your out and about trying to meet women, chances are 5 other guys already hit on her. Think about where you would go to try to meet women... Like bars, and such. Typical pickup places.. These girls get hit on non stop.

Do what interests you, and when girls (less then 30) appear, throw in a splash of bad boy, prepare to put on condom! In other words, go your own way.

That is about the hardest way, but the most rewarding. After all the pot of gold is at the end of the rainbow!
So true so true...

If I may add... when you think you want a girl, that's when you don't need one the most. Rushing kills!!!

I think relationships are overrated unless you find someone you will live with forever. Those are hard to find indeed... anyone wanna look for the gold at the end of the rainbow with me? LMAO

Last edited by dokebito; 07-23-2008 at 12:44 PM.
dokebito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 05:10 AM   #10
D.Hendrickson

My Ride: 2001 325i (sold)
i've been "single" for 15 years. forget about girlfriends, just have girl friends and f 'em when you want. no marriage, no divorce, no hassles, no biotches taking your cash, nothing to tie you down...

D.Hendrickson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 09:58 AM   #11
pakman3

My Ride: piece
jessybabyluvsit???
Old 07-24-2008, 11:12 AM   #12
Boosted330
Eurowerkz Co-Founder

thanks for the advice guys, its good to hear it from people who've been around this ish longer than me

Quote:
Originally Posted by pakman3 View Post
jessybabyluvsit???
she does NOT count as a girlfriend, she was a stalker who wouldnt go away

Past:
2010 MB C300 Sport
1999 Shelby SP360 #150
Old 07-26-2008, 10:25 AM   #13
SuperMario

My Ride: BMW 325I SEDAN
Don't rush it? That's the best advice you guys can give this guy? Get out more and get laid!!! You will not get a girl you want to keep
by jerking off at home man!
SuperMario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 11:18 AM   #14
Rush4theYehO

My Ride: XI fts(now)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boosted330 View Post
thanks for the advice guys, its good to hear it from people who've been around this ish longer than me

she does NOT count as a girlfriend, she was a stalker who wouldnt go away
Make her a booty call then.
Rush4theYehO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 05:06 PM   #15
jessybabyluvsit

My Ride: 325i
stalker.. lmao, poor boy
Old 09-21-2008, 05:12 PM   #16
vinnybones

My Ride: E46 330i & E46 M3
aww man you can tell its fall/winter soon..i always have these feelings to get a gf for the winter season..why? i dont kno maybe im just weird but it seems like your going threw what i am..Summer/spring=single life ...fall/winter= girlfriend season
vinnybones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 05:34 PM   #17
Sneaky

My Ride: Fixie
Keep doing what your doing, you gotta go through all the wrong ones before you find the right one.

Eventually you will find the right girl for you.......if she exists.

Sig by So Lowww
Pictures I take
OVOxo till we overdose
Sneaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 05:46 PM   #18
Boosted330
Eurowerkz Co-Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneaky View Post
Keep doing what your doing, you gotta go through all the wrong ones before you find the right one.

Eventually you will find the right girl for you.......if she exists.
lmao i forgot about this thread....

i actually had this one that looked like it could last for a while, but then she and i both realized that we werent ready for something that serious at this age... soooooo.. instead i found a few that can keep a smile on my face for now im cool with that

Past:
2010 MB C300 Sport
1999 Shelby SP360 #150
Old 09-22-2008, 11:52 AM   #19
jessybabyluvsit

My Ride: 325i
so i searched my name, under threads, and noticed your post. clearly id see what was being said about me, so knowing your the only one that knows me on this forum and also knowing that only you would be sharing your love story on a forum to get other peoples opinions on how to keep a girl, it came to my conclusion that im, in your words, a stalker...? im pretty sure i havent seen you or heard from you since feb, when i got home from vacation... then again... im sure u love the attention it gives you, knowing people reading your post feel bad for you and give you their sympathy since you cant get any anywhere else. id really like if bad things werent said about me, because i was a victim in that "relationship" too. thanks
Old 09-22-2008, 12:15 PM   #20
vinnybones

My Ride: E46 330i & E46 M3
0wnd
vinnybones is offline   Reply With Quote