E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > General E46 Forum

General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 4.00 average. Display Modes
Old 02-01-2003, 07:43 PM   #1
Dukes

My Ride: '00 540i 6sp
Send a message via AIM to Dukes Send a message via Yahoo to Dukes
Thumbs Up My BFP Intake experience!!

First off, thanks Steve for the great deal. The best $$/HP & torque deal out there. Next I'll get the Power Pulleys from RE.

Here is a sound clip I recorded from the cabin with all windows up. This is the best I could do since it's all wet and rainy here.

As said before by Killer Junior there is a noticeable difference in the way the car feels--not stellar, but noticeable. Around the 4-5K rpm range is where I seem to get the biggest boost and at WOT at around the limiter it even sounds sweeter. Seems like the 2.5L wants to throttle more but it can't.

Anyway, the post-install pictures are below. I couldn't find a way to get the bracket for the intake to mount to the body of the car. It doesn't matter though since it's not moving around.

Dukes is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 02-01-2003, 07:51 PM   #2
SBenfer

My Ride: BMW
Lift up that little rubber piece underneath the intake on the chassis (about 6in long). The included bracket will install with the rounded top against the intake - and the square bottom against the chassis at an angle. Play around with it and it should fit right! In any event, glad you like the intake. Nice install!

-Steve
SBenfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2003, 07:55 PM   #3
Dukes

I tried that but it was getting frustrating cause the brake duct was starting to be the showstoper.

I like the performance anyway.
Old 02-01-2003, 10:33 PM   #4
Dukes

I'm curious. What other performance parts can we expect to see from Benfer Performance?
Old 02-02-2003, 02:56 AM   #5
Killer Junior
Damn Drivin' Fool!

My Ride: Big Wheel
Quote:
Originally posted by Dukes
I'm curious. What other performance parts can we expect to see from Benfer Performance?
Steve won't even tell me that. It's top secret for now.

BMW is for pansy asses baby!
Killer Junior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2003, 03:29 AM   #6
SBenfer

My Ride: BMW
Quote:
Originally posted by Killer Junior

Steve won't even tell me that. It's top secret for now.
Yep... We don't want to get ahead of ourselves on anything, but we just dropped a significant amount of $$$ with our manufacturer for a few new goodies... (aside from the one-piece intakes). It takes a few months to go from $$$ to beta to production, but we'll keep you updated!

-SB
SBenfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2003, 09:37 AM   #7
HaN-hAn

My Ride: E46 Coupe
Keep it coming steve... your stuff is well priced and performes well. Cheque is in the mail btw, sorry about the snafu with paypal.
HaN-hAn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2003, 09:53 AM   #8
StreetTrixE4six
E46Fanatic

My Ride: 08' 328i E92
Another BFP post you guys are making this bi-xenon bracket wait very hard for me
StreetTrixE4six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2003, 12:05 PM   #9
rAyZ
modding is expensive!!!!

My Ride: FX45 (then 323Ci)
Send a message via ICQ to rAyZ Send a message via AIM to rAyZ
Quote:
Originally posted by StreetTrixE4six
Another BFP post you guys are making this bi-xenon bracket wait very hard for me
hehe...how people with halogens or retro-fit xenon feel good! cuz u bi-xenon people have to wait...haha! :jeff: damN! I love these new smilies....
rAyZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2003, 07:49 PM   #10
Dukes

Quote:
Originally posted by SBenfer
Lift up that little rubber piece underneath the intake on the chassis (about 6in long). The included bracket will install with the rounded top against the intake - and the square bottom against the chassis at an angle. Play around with it and it should fit right! In any event, glad you like the intake. Nice install!

-Steve
I went back and tried harder this time and I got the bracket on. I think doing this in daylight helped out!

Thanks again
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	gundam.jpg
Views:	200
Size:	19.0 KB
ID:	36124