E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > Polls & Surveys - Please Participate!

Polls & Surveys - Please Participate!
This forum contains "official" polls and surveys

View Poll Results: Why a Bimmer?
Performance 139 17.20%
Show (Looks,name) 133 16.46%
both 536 66.34%
Voters: 808. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-27-2003, 05:55 PM   #1
m2m

My Ride: 04 330ci
Why did you get your Bimmer? (Performance vs show)

hehehe just curious, i personally got drawn to bmw because of the reputation it had for its performance, i personally didnt like the look of the old ones but now the new ones i think are the hottest car on the street!!!

its a win win situation for me
m2m is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 05-27-2003, 06:02 PM   #2
///M3Matt
BMWCCA Club Racer

My Ride: Smurf mobiles
Send a message via AIM to ///M3Matt
Both
Old 05-27-2003, 06:26 PM   #3
bobm3
Senior Eurowerkz Member

My Ride: 2003m3smg
i started out perf but got into show to

1 was perf. before i found this forum now it is both
60% perf.
40% show
bobm3
Old 05-27-2003, 06:37 PM   #4
Chase265
Suck it easy.............

My Ride: A BIG POS
Send a message via AIM to Chase265
all show baby :tongue:
Old 05-27-2003, 06:45 PM   #5
Dalton
I'm hot 'cause I'm fly

My Ride: goes wshh
what caught my eye was how it looked. obviously having a 325 there isnt a TON of performance, a good amount but nothing like a m3 so it was mostly looks that drew me to it. i think its real pimp too
Dalton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2003, 07:29 PM   #6
russ330
Mod Squad

My Ride: Motorsport III
Send a message via AIM to russ330
A little bit of both. Brand loyalty had a lot to do with it as well.
Old 05-27-2003, 07:33 PM   #7
bmwerkes
Foot 2 the floor in the 604

My Ride: is a D-Stock sleeper
cause its the ultimate driving machine, hands down!!
bmwerkes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2003, 07:36 PM   #8
europass
You ain't fresh AZIMIZ!!!!!

My Ride: Redneck Titan, 325i
Always been a sucker for the show cars.
europass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2003, 08:44 PM   #9
Salsero

My Ride: 330i SP Manual
Both.

To me performance means more than just 0-60 or how many g's it will pull on the skidpad. It means a well balanced car with no real shortcomings. A car that has good brakes, with little dive and squat and that remains composed near the limits of handling.

Steering with good feedback and a well thought out suspension.
I've owned cars with much more power, and ones that will put down higher numbers on the skidpad. But on a twisty road I could probably get through a set of turns faster in this car. On top of that this one is just more fun to drive.

It's not a world beater, just a better drive. All of that and it has four doors...a sports car in disguise. For longer drives it's comfortable and gets good mileage. Some of the finer points are subtle and easy to take for granted..until you drive something else. You guys know what I mean. Yeah, its no M3 but day in and day out the 330 puts a smile on my face.

People always ask me if it was worth the $40k and if I would buy it again. In a heart beat.
Salsero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2003, 08:44 PM   #10
Mitsurugi

My Ride: 02 330xi and 04 M3
Me it was the feeling the car gave me during the test drive. No other car I have tried gave me that feeling. I had buterflies in the stomach for days when I was talking about the car after the test drive ....
Old 05-27-2003, 08:48 PM   #11
PowerDrift
can ya spare some change?

My Ride: 2000 323i
shouldn't there be a 4th options????

I say the 4th option.....

good compromise between luxury and performance
PowerDrift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2003, 09:31 PM   #12
m2m

My Ride: 04 330ci
Quote:
Originally posted by Salsero
Both.

To me performance means more than just 0-60 or how many g's it will pull on the skidpad. It means a well balanced car with no real shortcomings. A car that has good brakes, with little dive and squat and that remains composed near the limits of handling.

Steering with good feedback and a well thought out suspension.
I've owned cars with much more power, and ones that will put down higher numbers on the skidpad. But on a twisty road I could probably get through a set of turns faster in this car. On top of that this one is just more fun to drive.

It's not a world beater, just a better drive. All of that and it has four doors...a sports car in disguise. For longer drives it's comfortable and gets good mileage. Some of the finer points are subtle and easy to take for granted..until you drive something else. You guys know what I mean. Yeah, its no M3 but day in and day out the 330 puts a smile on my face.

People always ask me if it was worth the $40k and if I would buy it again. In a heart beat.
nice!
m2m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2003, 09:40 PM   #13
GeoMystic

My Ride: '03 330i ZHP
The model I selected should pretty much say it, but I guess there is a little show in all of us.

2003 330i Mystic Blue - Black Alcantara/Cloth
6 Sp Manual | Performance Package | Cold Weather Package | Silver Cube Trim | Navigation | Bi-Xenons | Moonroof | PDC

OEM Clears - OEM Alarm - OEM TV Function retro - Blaupunkt DVD-ME3 - HD-DICE - DIY Clutch Stop - Silver headlight inserts - M3 Rearview Mirror - OEM ///M Dead Pedal - Euro First Aid Kit - Euro Warning Triangle - 35/20 Window Tint - ECIS CAI - ACS Style Roof Spoiler
GeoMystic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2003, 09:42 PM   #14
Bcole

My Ride: 01 325Ci
Both and more!

I fell in love with the E46 coupe ever since it graced the '10 Best cars under 30K' issue of Automobile mag a couple years ago. I was sold on the first 100 feet of the test drive - but missed the overboosted steering..lol Ordered may 00, build date 01/01/01 and drove off the lot in march 01. Fastest 2 years of car ownership I've owned. 325Ci - ti silver and those great looking style 44 wheels. Woah, what was that? - A silver M3, let's see, I first fell in love with a silver M3 when I was... oh nevermind! I love my 325, I'll lust after the m3...but when she's not looking...BAM!
Bcole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2003, 09:19 PM   #15
europrojektz330

My Ride: ...?
Send a message via AIM to europrojektz330
safety!!!

....and show of course

enrico
europrojektz330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2003, 12:52 AM   #16
02>330xi
Ed

My Ride: 02 330xi SP/PP/PD/Xn
Send a message via AIM to 02>330xi
Both
DINAN - Stage 3 Engine Management Software/CAI/High Flow Throttle Body/Stage 2 Suspension System/FrontStrutBar, MTech II, Hartge Classic, M3 Steering Wheel, REMUS Exhaust, RD Sport Mirrors, UUC EVO3 & CF Pedals, Euro Clears,Chromium DDE, M3 Lip Spoiler, ICE: Alpine IVA-D310 & DVD NAV NVE-N872A/ADS 8ChannelAmp
http://photos.e46fanatics.com/showga...at=500&thumb=1
02>330xi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2004, 11:26 PM   #17
need4speed

My Ride: e46
e46s are among the best looking cars out there......damn nice.....great performance too in a luxurious way....beats all those japanese crap *****s......
need4speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2004, 12:55 PM   #18
Dev
PSHOPWERKS

My Ride: Yellow Porsche GT2
Show. I can't handle speeds more than 70MPH.

Current Hate Level: 10 | Previous Hate Level: 9
The hatin' level on the E46Fanatics.com board.
Dev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2004, 11:47 PM   #19
DrMooCow

My Ride: 335d
Send a message via AIM to DrMooCow
I got my bimmer because...

Nissan screwed me over one too many times. Customer service sucks, dealer sucks, after owning three nissans, i figure they would treate me better considering all the problems that I had with my 2003 maxima.

When I sold that POS, it was time for a new car. I went to test drive the 04 Acura TL, fell in love with that car. I think the interior with the navi kicks ass! LED's in the tach was great too. Awesome blue.

Was thinking about the MB C320. My parents both have mercedes and those cars are nothing but problems. I would assumed that the C class would be the same.

I was thinking about a honda v6 coupe. Great bang for the buck. I was able to get a 2004 v6 ex with navi for $24900. Had a great debate about it.

Then I was very interested in used luxury cars because after two to three years, they tend to take a huge hit in depreciation. I was interested in the 2001 GS430. I fell in love with it. Found one that was certified pre owned with only 22k miles on it and it came with an extended factory bumper to bumper 3 year warranty and the asking price was 35300.

At the end, I decided that after driving front wheel drive cars for the past 6 years, im sick of it. I prefer rear wheel drive cars. Which left me with the GS430. It wasn't until I found out about the crazy incentives that bmw was offering. I hopped my way into a bmw dealer and pretty much knocked off $4300 off the msrp for a 330i.
Even though this is the last year for the style of the 3 series, $4300 off is an offer I can't refuse. So I signed the papers and agreed to purchase the 330i.

Some of you may think that the cars that I compared to when shopping have nothing in common. I was mainly interested in Japanese top of the line cars.

I was also interested in the IS300. Until I saw the sales for that car, I was like no. There's a reason why no one is buying it and why bmw sold a ton of 3 series cars. Just went with the crowd!
DrMooCow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2004, 12:51 PM   #20
Unveiled

BMW was the paradigm automobile to own (IMHO). I have always wanted to own one. With that being said..........both!