E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Lighting Forum

Lighting Forum
Angel Eyes, DDEs, lighted rings, Clear Turn Signals, LEDs, Xenon, HID, or Bi-Xenon. If it lights up and you want to discuss it, post here!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 28 votes, 4.96 average. Display Modes
Old 08-13-2010, 03:28 PM   #241
Swithers

My Ride: 2004 BMW 325ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by patsu View Post
are those 4300k?
Yes they are. I prefer them over the 6000k
Old 08-16-2010, 02:19 AM   #242
patdown

My Ride: 2005 BMW 330Ci
Are you guys tinting on the inside of the lens or the outside. Looks like the inside but I want to make sure.
patdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 03:14 PM   #243
T0mi

My Ride: E46ci Facelift
Is there any other photos with 4300k halos???I can't decide if it will match with my yellow fog lights and the DRLs..
T0mi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 06:54 AM   #244
johnca
Modded ///Member

My Ride: E46 Slow CSL
Nice... DIY
Old 01-10-2011, 02:20 AM   #245
SaulCaldera

My Ride: M
http://www.fastm.com/m3/angeleyes_orionv2.html

When wiring the angel eyes what steps did you follow?
Step 2, 3 and 4?
SaulCaldera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 02:22 AM   #246
SaulCaldera

Wait.. lol
If you have a facelift coupe you follow steps 3 and 4 if you want them on all the time?
Correct?
For the wiring?
Old 06-02-2011, 05:07 AM   #247
Caosa

My Ride: 320Ci, Rx2 (soon)
^ Same question. Is this wiring for the angel eyes to be on as soon as you turn the key to ignition?

She's just a mazda coupe with a wankel mill, but she'll walk a skyline like it's standin still. I get pushed out of shape and she's hard to steer, but i get rubber in all four gears...
Caosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 05:09 AM   #248
rmodys

My Ride: 2001 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caosa View Post
^ Same question. Is this wiring for the angel eyes to be on as soon as you turn the key to ignition?
Power with remote: wire to cabin lights (tapping in to their power source since they come on with remote activation)

Power on with ignition: wire to ECU (located in the engine bay)

Power on with remote AND ignition: wire to cabin lights AND ECU.
rmodys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 06:43 PM   #249
jdressing

My Ride: 330ci Convertible
LeontiyZHP, I have been looking at many different LED and CCFL angel eyes and I cannot find ones that fit my car. I have a 2004 330ci convertible. I believe you have the same headlights. Yours projectors and driving lights look the same size... I assume that is because the angel eyes are the same size. I think 100mm will fit.

Can you please let me know exactly which ones you installed on your car? Do you have any trouble with them getting too hot or burning up ballasts? It looks like you have CCFL, do they fade on like LED will? I want to get a kit that has the fade on with remote where they hook up to the interior lights to come on with the remote. I got my lights apart - using the oven technique... it went very smooth... but I need the angel eyes I bought did not fit, so now my lights are out! I need to get some in there as soon as possible.

Thank you!
Jeff
jdressing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 07:26 PM   #250
jdressing

My Ride: 330ci Convertible
Thumbs Up The Orions V2 LED look amazing

I bought Orion V2 LED from Umnitza

http://www.umnitza.com/index.php?mai...vo93kkpk24i857

They fit my 2004 330ci convertible with Xenon headlights perfectly!! I siliconed them to the chrome ring and they look like factory angel eyes! When they are turned off, they disappear. They have a nice chrome back to them. They are standard 6000K and I'm glad I listened to the sales person who had a lot of experience with them. Do not get the opaque ones... he said they look goofy when they are off. Get the standard clear ones. I am very impressed with them, they look like they are made for the car! They also come with a lifetime warranty. They are very well made!

Last edited by jdressing; 06-16-2011 at 08:19 PM.
jdressing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 06:59 AM   #251
King Kashi

My Ride: 06 BMW 330Ci M54 Eur
i found these on Ebay, and im guessing i have a FACELIFT coupe cuz my head lights look just like the ones in the opening post, i was wondering if u guys think these would fit my 2006 E46 325Ci

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/04-06...33598860995283

also has anyone PAINTED there HIGH BEAM bowls yellow with angel eyes ? i wanted to do both angel eyes and the yellow glass paint in the high beam bowl, but i been thinking that after i paint the bowls yellow, and the angel eyes are on, wouldnt the high beam bowls that i paint yellow kinda light up the inside of the bowl kinda yellow cuz of the paint ? has anyone have a car with the angel eyes and yellow painted bowls ????????

thanks

Kash.
King Kashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 07:28 AM   #252
King Kashi

My Ride: 06 BMW 330Ci M54 Eur
Question, i installed my angel eyes last night, but my kit only came with 4 rings and 2 ballast's. I noticed i didnt have a harness. but i still managed to make them work, from the ballast i grounded the ground wire, and the positive, i tapped into the accessory wire as shown in the pic above. I was wondering should i FUSE the angel Eyes ?? with maybe a 5Amp fuse box or something ??
King Kashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 02:18 PM   #253
sillieidiot

My Ride: '06 AW 330ci
Send a message via AIM to sillieidiot
i would get a harness and add a fuse. it's safer.

Have a lighting problem? Read this first:
Lighting-related Troubleshooting Guide
sillieidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 04:47 PM   #254
kgregory

My Ride: 2005 330Ci
Swithers, what did you do with your corner reflectors? Are they blacked out, completely painted over, or something else?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swithers View Post
Thanks for the write up LeontiyZHP! Here are some pictures of mine. I used Tamiya smoked tint spray which worked great for me because I just wanted it slightly tinted to stop the corners from looking sort of white in direct sunlight.
kgregory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 01:14 AM   #255
SaulCaldera

He has a facelift 3 series. When he took the headlight apart he smoked his turn signals with a spray. I did it on my 04 325ci.
Old 08-25-2011, 09:25 AM   #256
kgregory

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaulCaldera View Post
He has a facelift 3 series. When he took the headlight apart he smoked his turn signals with a spray. I did it on my 04 325ci.
I'm talking about the corner reflectors down on the bumper, not the turn signals. You can barely tell they are there on his car because it looks like he painted over them. You can see them in this picture:

Old 08-25-2011, 12:14 PM   #257
SaulCaldera

Oh color matched turn signals. You can either paint them yourself or you can buy them online.
Heres the link:http://www.khoalty.com/bmw-e46/exter...eflectors.html
Old 08-25-2011, 11:21 PM   #258
kgregory

This is a great DIY, by the way.

I'm getting ready to install these this weekend (as long as Irene doesn't take out the power over here). I was wondering though, what kind of double-sided tape did you use and where did you get it? I'm assuming you want something that can survive the baking temperature and be cut thin enough so that you don't see it poking out behind the rings.
Old 08-29-2011, 07:02 PM   #259
kgregory

Just got mine in last night :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Define ///M3 View Post
i just ordered the orion v2's.....im honestyl scared as hell to do this haha ANYONE FROM MARYLAND come help me!!!!
I'm in college park. Though, honestly, this was not a fun mod and I wouldn't want to be responsible for repeating some of my mistakes on your car. For example, if you look closely, you can see that the headlight trim on the driver's side is loose because I broke the clip.

Also, I couldn't get the last screw that holds the headlight on the car to go in (the hardest one down under the air box on the driver's side). I eventually gave up and it seems to be OK that way... I think the receiving nut just needs to be held in place and I can't get a hand down there to hold it.
Old 11-17-2011, 06:03 AM   #260
invictvs

My Ride: '04 330Ci (6 Speed)
So this may be a dumb question, but what kind of screwdriver do I need for the screws that hold the headlight together?

I figured it was a flat head at first b/c that's what was listed as a needed tool in the DIY, but I was looking at Jlevi's headlight baking pdf and a pic of the screws looked like a torx screw. Is that what I need, and if so what size? Thanks.
invictvs is offline   Reply With Quote