E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Lighting Forum

Lighting Forum
Angel Eyes, DDEs, lighted rings, Clear Turn Signals, LEDs, Xenon, HID, or Bi-Xenon. If it lights up and you want to discuss it, post here!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 19 votes, 4.95 average. Display Modes
Old 12-09-2013, 03:48 AM   #321
Solidjake
Zero. Oil. Leaks.
 
Solidjake's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: NYC
Posts: 22,375
My Ride: 2002 330i
Thread stickied. Way too many people not searching and finding this thread.
__________________
WTB FACELIFT SEDAN TITANIUM SILVER DRIVERS FENDER

Youtube - Electric Fan Swap - Projector Retrofit - Bulb Guide - NY to LA cross country
Solidjake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 07:31 PM   #322
Hamoudeh430
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Bellevue, WA
Posts: 16
My Ride: 2005 325CI
Great post

Thanks for sharing man! I used this last weekend to install my LED angel eyes and it all went well!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6218.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	160.1 KB
ID:	546920  
__________________

2005 325CI
2001 CLK430
2003 325I
2007 Honda Civic EX
2002 Ford Mustang GT
Hamoudeh430 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 01:17 PM   #323
HLG600
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: NNJ
Posts: 1,764
My Ride: German
Anyone having long term issues with the headlights fogging?
HLG600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 12:48 AM   #324
JapanRot325ci
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,256
My Ride: '04 M54b25Ci
after gluing the angel eyes (orion v2) into the black housing..is it safe to bake the angel eyes? or should you bake the back part of the headlight then put the housing back in quickly
__________________


Build in progress
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamada12 View Post
You could put in a cold air intake that would probably give u 5-15 go increase and if u put a cat back exhaust u could get 40+ hp (pretty sure it more but) together plus high octane gas maybe u could get like 50+ hp
Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
JapanRot325ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 12:50 AM   #325
777eThOd*
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 1,151
My Ride: spins too much
Quote:
Originally Posted by JapanRot325ci View Post
after gluing the angel eyes (orion v2) into the black housing..is it safe to bake the angel eyes? or should you bake the back part of the headlight then put the housing back in quickly
Honestly, when I did mine, I was scared to bake anything lol. I used a heat gun to seal everything back up.


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
__________________

2007 BMW 335i FBO 6MT - Current
2013 Nissan Nismo 370Z - Current
2004 Non-M Facelift Coupe - SOLD
2006 BMW M3 - SOLD
777eThOd* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 01:08 AM   #326
JapanRot325ci
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,256
My Ride: '04 M54b25Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by 777eThOd* View Post
Honestly, when I did mine, I was scared to bake anything lol. I used a heat gun to seal everything back up.


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
nice! how was the result with the heat gun? any condensation to todays date? also which double sided tape did you use? i can't find any that isn't the foam type
__________________


Build in progress
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamada12 View Post
You could put in a cold air intake that would probably give u 5-15 go increase and if u put a cat back exhaust u could get 40+ hp (pretty sure it more but) together plus high octane gas maybe u could get like 50+ hp
Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

Last edited by JapanRot325ci; 04-02-2014 at 01:08 AM.
JapanRot325ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 01:13 AM   #327
777eThOd*
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 1,151
My Ride: spins too much
Quote:
Originally Posted by JapanRot325ci View Post
nice! how was the result with the heat gun? any condensation to todays date? also which double sided tape did you use? i can't find any that isn't the foam type
Results were great, no moist or humity got in, I sold the car a while ago lol.. Also double sided tape for what? I sealed them with sealer, and if your talking about the AE's, I used High temperature Clear adhesive. Glad to see you went up Umnitza Orion V2s, got them on my 335i aswell. Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1396419122.839138.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	195.9 KB
ID:	552318Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1396419171.238754.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	198.0 KB
ID:	552319Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1396419213.322267.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	145.7 KB
ID:	552320


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
__________________

2007 BMW 335i FBO 6MT - Current
2013 Nissan Nismo 370Z - Current
2004 Non-M Facelift Coupe - SOLD
2006 BMW M3 - SOLD
777eThOd* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 01:16 AM   #328
777eThOd*
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 1,151
My Ride: spins too much
Actually wierd, had to re-adjust one of my AE's today and re-seal them. Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1396419281.172111.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	136.9 KB
ID:	552321Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1396419366.855481.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	153.6 KB
ID:	552323


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
__________________

2007 BMW 335i FBO 6MT - Current
2013 Nissan Nismo 370Z - Current
2004 Non-M Facelift Coupe - SOLD
2006 BMW M3 - SOLD
777eThOd* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 01:36 AM   #329
JapanRot325ci
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,256
My Ride: '04 M54b25Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by 777eThOd* View Post
Actually wierd, had to re-adjust one of my AE's today and re-seal them. Attachment 552321Attachment 552323


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
orion v2 = brightest LED AE out there in the market hands down. i'm also glad you bought v2 for your 335i. loving that look of the 335, very agressive and unique.

glue looks pretty messy haha! i'm hestitate to do mine tmr...i'll probably grows some balls and bake oven my headlights

any tips when installing AE on e46?

thanks for the help so far
__________________


Build in progress
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamada12 View Post
You could put in a cold air intake that would probably give u 5-15 go increase and if u put a cat back exhaust u could get 40+ hp (pretty sure it more but) together plus high octane gas maybe u could get like 50+ hp
Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
JapanRot325ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 01:48 AM   #330
777eThOd*
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 1,151
My Ride: spins too much
Quote:
Originally Posted by JapanRot325ci View Post
orion v2 = brightest LED AE out there in the market hands down. i'm also glad you bought v2 for your 335i. loving that look of the 335, very agressive and unique.

glue looks pretty messy haha! i'm hestitate to do mine tmr...i'll probably grows some balls and bake oven my headlights

any tips when installing AE on e46?

thanks for the help so far
Thank you! And honestly.. When I installed mine on my facelift coupe, they clipped right on, so I used barely any adhesive cause they fit around the oem shroud thingy, they almost looked OEM from how clean they came out, post pics for sure!


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
__________________

2007 BMW 335i FBO 6MT - Current
2013 Nissan Nismo 370Z - Current
2004 Non-M Facelift Coupe - SOLD
2006 BMW M3 - SOLD
777eThOd* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 01:50 AM   #331
JapanRot325ci
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,256
My Ride: '04 M54b25Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by 777eThOd* View Post
Thank you! And honestly.. When I installed mine on my facelift coupe, they clipped right on, so I used barely any adhesive cause they fit around the oem shroud thingy, they almost looked OEM from how clean they came out, post pics for sure!


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
That sounds great! I forgot to ask if im baking, do i have to remove my xenon bulb? Or only turn signals... Stuoid questions. But ill post pics and possibly another diy
__________________


Build in progress
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamada12 View Post
You could put in a cold air intake that would probably give u 5-15 go increase and if u put a cat back exhaust u could get 40+ hp (pretty sure it more but) together plus high octane gas maybe u could get like 50+ hp
Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
JapanRot325ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 01:52 AM   #332
777eThOd*
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 1,151
My Ride: spins too much
Quote:
Originally Posted by JapanRot325ci View Post
That sounds great! I forgot to ask if im baking, do i have to remove my xenon bulb? Or only turn signals... Stuoid questions. But ill post pics and possibly another diy
I would remove everything removable lol. You probably don't have to cause the bulbs probably get that hot to start with, like I said, I heat gunned my way lol. Good luck!


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
__________________

2007 BMW 335i FBO 6MT - Current
2013 Nissan Nismo 370Z - Current
2004 Non-M Facelift Coupe - SOLD
2006 BMW M3 - SOLD
777eThOd* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 04:16 PM   #333
JapanRot325ci
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,256
My Ride: '04 M54b25Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by 777eThOd* View Post
I would remove everything removable lol. You probably don't have to cause the bulbs probably get that hot to start with, like I said, I heat gunned my way lol. Good luck!


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
how do wire the angel eyes from inside to outside the headlights? do i drill a hole in the xenon cap?
__________________


Build in progress
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamada12 View Post
You could put in a cold air intake that would probably give u 5-15 go increase and if u put a cat back exhaust u could get 40+ hp (pretty sure it more but) together plus high octane gas maybe u could get like 50+ hp
Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
JapanRot325ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 02:49 PM   #334
777eThOd*
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 1,151
My Ride: spins too much
Quote:
Originally Posted by JapanRot325ci View Post
how do wire the angel eyes from inside to outside the headlights? do i drill a hole in the xenon cap?
Sorry for the late reply,I didn't get a notification, and yeah you could,but since I swap bulbs all the time I didn't do that's I drilled a hole by the corner bulbs and sealed it up and bam.


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
__________________

2007 BMW 335i FBO 6MT - Current
2013 Nissan Nismo 370Z - Current
2004 Non-M Facelift Coupe - SOLD
2006 BMW M3 - SOLD
777eThOd* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 03:20 PM   #335
JapanRot325ci
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,256
My Ride: '04 M54b25Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by 777eThOd* View Post
Sorry for the late reply,I didn't get a notification, and yeah you could,but since I swap bulbs all the time I didn't do that's I drilled a hole by the corner bulbs and sealed it up and bam.


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
no problem, i did everything like an engineer, routed the wire on top and went through the back and out of the halogen bulb cap



thanks 777! you really helped me a ton! i took some pictures and video while installing/unistalling the headlight will upload and help others.
__________________


Build in progress
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamada12 View Post
You could put in a cold air intake that would probably give u 5-15 go increase and if u put a cat back exhaust u could get 40+ hp (pretty sure it more but) together plus high octane gas maybe u could get like 50+ hp
Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

Last edited by JapanRot325ci; 04-03-2014 at 03:21 PM.
JapanRot325ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 10:30 PM   #336
777eThOd*
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 1,151
My Ride: spins too much
Quote:
Originally Posted by JapanRot325ci View Post
no problem, i did everything like an engineer, routed the wire on top and went through the back and out of the halogen bulb cap



thanks 777! you really helped me a ton! i took some pictures and video while installing/unistalling the headlight will upload and help others.
No problem! They look awesome! I think it's time to sand and polish them lenses they look a little hazy unless its the photo. Great job though! Glad I could help.


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
__________________

2007 BMW 335i FBO 6MT - Current
2013 Nissan Nismo 370Z - Current
2004 Non-M Facelift Coupe - SOLD
2006 BMW M3 - SOLD
777eThOd* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 11:56 PM   #337
Andres Gomez
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 26
So helpful!


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Andres Gomez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 01:21 AM   #338
777eThOd*
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 1,151
My Ride: spins too much
DIY Facelift Coupe Angel Eyes

I did a TBT today on IG, I sure do miss her Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1396592480.593400.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	147.1 KB
ID:	552624


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
__________________

2007 BMW 335i FBO 6MT - Current
2013 Nissan Nismo 370Z - Current
2004 Non-M Facelift Coupe - SOLD
2006 BMW M3 - SOLD

Last edited by 777eThOd*; 04-04-2014 at 01:22 AM.
777eThOd* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 02:32 PM   #339
CalvinClien
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Oregon
Posts: 12
My Ride: 330CI ZHP
Quick questions;

This is my very first post and I'm happy to be part of this community.

I own a 05 ZHP and had a 323ci and I installed the V2s

1. On Umnitza I see the have the Orion V2.5 now should I get these or the V4? would you be able to tell the difference? Is the extra 100 worth it?

2. Are all e46s 04-05 facelifted? excluding m3s. Because I don't want to order the wrong AE.

3.Baking the headlights seems scary. How easy is it to put new lenses again with all the baking with the headlights? Will I need to buy some type of glue?

4. Would these be the correct angel eyes?



thanks
CalvinClien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 02:48 PM   #340
umnitza
8774866489
 
umnitza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: East Bay, CA
Posts: 16,567
My Ride: E39M5, Sequoia
Send a message via Yahoo to umnitza
Quote:
Originally Posted by CalvinClien View Post
Quick questions;

This is my very first post and I'm happy to be part of this community.

I own a 05 ZHP and had a 323ci and I installed the V2s

1. On Umnitza I see the have the Orion V2.5 now should I get these or the V4? would you be able to tell the difference? Is the extra 100 worth it?

2. Are all e46s 04-05 facelifted? excluding m3s. Because I don't want to order the wrong AE.

3.Baking the headlights seems scary. How easy is it to put new lenses again with all the baking with the headlights? Will I need to buy some type of glue?

4. Would these be the correct angel eyes?



thanks
The V2.5 and V4 are remarkably similar, but the V4 is still a lot brighter and has the dimming capability.
You need to make sure it's on the 2004-2006 Coupe only - non-M3 (just to be sure, put the notes in the comments because even if you choose the wrong one, the prices are the same regardless of the application and we can figure it out for you.
Baking is far easier than it sounds, better than using a heat gun.

You have the correct link above.
__________________
umnitza is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Censor is ON





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:58 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use