E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > General Off-Topic

General Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime" safe and in good taste. You must be logged in to see sub-forums.
Click here to browse all new posts.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 12 votes, 4.67 average.
Old 02-03-2011, 08:26 AM   #841
JJR4884

My Ride: BMW
I'm sure 4 Raison's have the same effect as 4 90 minutes lol... and it is LOVELY

Trizzzzz you are from RI right? Or MA? Dude lemme know if you are in providence, I have a great restaurant that have some insane beers on tap. They have Fantome bottles, Schnieder Eisbock on draft, a cask beer (changes from time to time) and about 15-20 just amazing beers. Gulden Draak, Delirium Tremens, Wiehenstephaner (currently out), etc etc etc

Julian's... its on Broadway... the beers are insane, and the food is even better. I am in there at least once a week... very eclectic, everything in there is just... simply amazing.

If you are up for a beer sometime, lemme know... you will ENTICE like no other

(and if you like bloody mary's, this is like no other.... spicy as fvck, probably a full tablespoon of horseradish per drink, so amazing)

Last edited by JJR4884; 02-03-2011 at 08:29 AM.
JJR4884 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 08:53 AM   #842
2000_328CI
DK Jack Sparrow

My Ride: 328Ci | Range Rover
Send a message via AIM to 2000_328CI Send a message via MSN to 2000_328CI
JJR fly out to the east coast for 4ngie... you can ride down from DC with me. (I'm going to be in a caravan with Curtis and a few others)

Everything you need to know on muffler deletes : http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=745244
Wrapping an E46 in Vinyl : http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...ghlight=bronze
2000_328CI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 11:09 AM   #843
trizzuth

My Ride: gobbles oil like a B
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJR4884 View Post
I'm sure 4 Raison's have the same effect as 4 90 minutes lol... and it is LOVELY

Trizzzzz you are from RI right? Or MA? Dude lemme know if you are in providence, I have a great restaurant that have some insane beers on tap. They have Fantome bottles, Schnieder Eisbock on draft, a cask beer (changes from time to time) and about 15-20 just amazing beers. Gulden Draak, Delirium Tremens, Wiehenstephaner (currently out), etc etc etc

Julian's... its on Broadway... the beers are insane, and the food is even better. I am in there at least once a week... very eclectic, everything in there is just... simply amazing.

If you are up for a beer sometime, lemme know... you will ENTICE like no other

(and if you like bloody mary's, this is like no other.... spicy as fvck, probably a full tablespoon of horseradish per drink, so amazing)

I'm from Mass homie.. near RI though, Fairhaven, which is east of New Bedford. Sounds sweet as hell, although there is a few really good ones in down town new bedford (Imagine that!!?) one is called Rose Alley, they have many of the same as you mentioned, plus they consistently have Unearthly which is one of my fav's.. I've also had Berkshire Brewery Coffee House Porter there on Nitro which was GODLY. Basically, I can toss back about 4-6 beers a night. Yes, it is a problem, DAMN THESE CRAFT BREWERIES!! honestly, I rarely even look at foreign made beers anymore there's such a bomb selection from the states, it's hard for me to wander.. but I have had delerium tremens before, good stuff! I think i just love the Hop heads we have here in the states... all that belgian stuff starts tasting the same to me after awhile, but it puts on an amazing drunk! Let's do a Colt State Park Beer meeting this spring and bring a mix of brews, we'll probs have to pour them into plastic cups/coffee cups or something because i doubt public alcohol consumption is allowed there. I'd also be down for stout breakfast at bav auto in october. I missed it the past 2 years cause i kinda got sick of the rice, so i'm due to go back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000_328CI View Post
JJR fly out to the east coast for 4ngie... you can ride down from DC with me. (I'm going to be in a caravan with Curtis and a few others)
fly to the easy coast, he is on the east coast bro!
Old 02-03-2011, 11:19 AM   #844
JJR4884

Quote:
wine wine wine does not mean i'm from alexander valley

dude i'm in RI, i thought you knew that!

I would LOVE to.. however with the new job... any time off in the first two weeks in april is not even a question.. can't do it

tax season is here, and so am i.... STUCK

sucks dude, seriously i would definitely take you up on that offer since i would never drive my car that far (1200 miles each way est)
Old 02-03-2011, 11:23 AM   #845
JJR4884

Quote:
Originally Posted by trizzuth View Post
I'm from Mass homie.. near RI though, Fairhaven, which is east of New Bedford. Sounds sweet as hell, although there is a few really good ones in down town new bedford (Imagine that!!?) one is called Rose Alley, they have many of the same as you mentioned, plus they consistently have Unearthly which is one of my fav's.. I've also had Berkshire Brewery Coffee House Porter there on Nitro which was GODLY. Basically, I can toss back about 4-6 beers a night. Yes, it is a problem, DAMN THESE CRAFT BREWERIES!! honestly, I rarely even look at foreign made beers anymore there's such a bomb selection from the states, it's hard for me to wander.. but I have had delerium tremens before, good stuff! I think i just love the Hop heads we have here in the states... all that belgian stuff starts tasting the same to me after awhile, but it puts on an amazing drunk! Let's do a Colt State Park Beer meeting this spring and bring a mix of brews, we'll probs have to pour them into plastic cups/coffee cups or something because i doubt public alcohol consumption is allowed there. I'd also be down for stout breakfast at bav auto in october. I missed it the past 2 years cause i kinda got sick of the rice, so i'm due to go back!
yea dude i definitely am down for CSP... if you are a hop head, i hope you tried the beer i posted on the page before... boulder beer company, hazed and infused. very balanced compared to flying dog and what not...

and i do agree.. the micro-brews we have (esp in MA and NH) are incredible.. however they are so far off the tangent of what beer is, most of the times i enjoy a classic belgian, something a bit more refined and perfected rather than out of the box slap you in the face wtf is this???

and i'll definitely do a stout breakfast at bav auto mmmmmm
Old 02-03-2011, 11:38 AM   #846
2000_328CI
DK Jack Sparrow

My Ride: 328Ci | Range Rover
Send a message via AIM to 2000_328CI Send a message via MSN to 2000_328CI
JJR, RI isn't far.... come down for 4ngie jabroni. I leave Friday with Curtis and a few others so you would only take a day off. Could fly out from Georgia

Everything you need to know on muffler deletes : http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=745244
Wrapping an E46 in Vinyl : http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...ghlight=bronze
2000_328CI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 12:59 PM   #847
trizzuth

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJR4884 View Post
yea dude i definitely am down for CSP... if you are a hop head, i hope you tried the beer i posted on the page before... boulder beer company, hazed and infused. very balanced compared to flying dog and what not...

and i do agree.. the micro-brews we have (esp in MA and NH) are incredible.. however they are so far off the tangent of what beer is, most of the times i enjoy a classic belgian, something a bit more refined and perfected rather than out of the box slap you in the face wtf is this???

and i'll definitely do a stout breakfast at bav auto mmmmmm
yeah i think it says "Mojo" on the sixer too for the Hazed and Infused? got some of that recently, and it was hoppy, but not as hoppy as I expected I guess. Hop Wollop is pretty good, can't remember who makes it, but I'm still partial to Loose Canon for the burst of Hops! Have you ever tried Hop Stoopid from Lagunitas? That stuff is literally like liquid hops. I think it's about $6.99 for a 22oz too. Not too bad considering how insanely good it is.
Old 02-03-2011, 01:05 PM   #848
JJR4884

Quote:
JJR, RI isn't far.... come down for 4ngie jabroni. I leave Friday with Curtis and a few others so you would only take a day off. Could fly out from Georgia
just tough with work man... trust me, if it was possible i'd be PM'ing you right now

i will be coming to DC again in the summer tho, much needed BLT Steak mmmmmmm

Quote:
yeah i think it says "Mojo" on the sixer too for the Hazed and Infused? got some of that recently, and it was hoppy, but not as hoppy as I expected I guess. Hop Wollop is pretty good, can't remember who makes it, but I'm still partial to Loose Canon for the burst of Hops! Have you ever tried Hop Stoopid from Lagunitas? That stuff is literally like liquid hops. I think it's about $6.99 for a 22oz too. Not too bad considering how insanely good it is.
Loose Canon is amazing... and yes, it says "Mojo" on it as well... apparently you get some when you drink it

What other beers does Lagunitas have? I know i have had their beers before, but definitely not the Hop Stoopid... i would have remembered that
Old 02-03-2011, 01:37 PM   #849
trizzuth

Lagunitas has one I've tried called Brown Shugga that was interesting, brewed with brown sugar obviously.. but nothing like that Hop Stoopid son!
Old 02-03-2011, 01:58 PM   #850
brew

My Ride: Sequoia X5 MR2 G20
Quote:
Have you ever tried Hop Stoopid from Lagunitas? That stuff is literally like liquid hops. I think it's about $6.99 for a 22oz too. Not too bad considering how insanely good it is.
The local supermarkets sells Hop Stoopid for under $4 a 22 here.

They have a pretty good pilsner . . which normally I'm not a fan of, but they do it well and Trader Joes sells it here. Their IPA is ok. They have some funny beers though. They have one called "Undercover" - where the brewery got shut down for 30 days because someone was smoking weed at a tasting party, so they secretly kept brewing extra strong beer during the shutdown.
brew is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 02:11 PM   #851
trizzuth

Quote:
Originally Posted by brew View Post
The local supermarkets sells Hop Stoopid for under $4 a 22 here.

They have a pretty good pilsner . . which normally I'm not a fan of, but they do it well and Trader Joes sells it here. Their IPA is ok. They have some funny beers though. They have one called "Undercover" - where the brewery got shut down for 30 days because someone was smoking weed at a tasting party, so they secretly kept brewing extra strong beer during the shutdown.
ha, that's awesome! are they from Oregon? We have Trader Joe's here in Mass, but the only ones that sell alcohol are near the city too far from me. Damn them, I'd love to find that stuff for under $4 for a 22, i'd but CASES of it!
Old 02-03-2011, 02:40 PM   #852
///MTruck

My Ride: 2013 6MT Audi A4
This local joint opened near me called The Brewery and they specialize in off-brand beers and wines, offering tastings and parings. I was in there a week or so ago and it looked awesome! Had a lot of the beers that have been mentioned in here.

For anyone in SoCal, Orange area to be specific should check this place out! I plan on going there this Sat to either do a tasting or grab a few beers for the house.

There was one beer mentioned pages back that was in a black, aluminum can and I saw it there, anyone remember what I am talking about? Cause I cant! I want to try it out!

Cheers!
Old 02-03-2011, 03:05 PM   #853
brew

My Ride: Sequoia X5 MR2 G20
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///MTruck View Post

There was one beer mentioned pages back that was in a black, aluminum can and I saw it there, anyone remember what I am talking about? Cause I cant! I want to try it out!

Cheers!
http://www.oskarblues.com/the-brews/ten-fidy

Last edited by brew; 02-03-2011 at 03:06 PM.
brew is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 04:17 PM   #854
///MTruck

Quote:
Originally Posted by brew View Post
ahh thank you!
Old 02-04-2011, 01:12 AM   #855
///MTruck

What are everyones beers or drinks of choice for sunday??

Not sure what I'm getting. Maybe some DFH 60 or 90!
Old 02-04-2011, 06:54 AM   #856
JJR4884

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///MTruck View Post
What are everyones beers or drinks of choice for sunday??

Not sure what I'm getting. Maybe some DFH 60 or 90!
i'm going to get a bottle of Fantome Saison to enjoy, however for normal drinking, i don't know yet... i'm ready for spring so i know i'll be drinking a hefewiezen or something along those lines... maybe an allagash

Old 02-04-2011, 07:02 AM   #857
mistrzmiasta

My Ride: GLK350,ML63, Duc1098
bud light.

mistrzmiasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 07:17 AM   #858
MATT0404

My Ride: F800GS
Quote:
Hop Stoopid is great for it's price point. 102 I.B.U.4.U!
MATT0404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 10:30 AM   #859
joeski3d

My Ride: 2000 323i
Gyaaaah... just found out about this today

http://www.greatbeerexpo.com/meadowlands/

Not sure if I can attend... need to find a driver....

Ballbusters Inc.

DISCLAIMER: No balls were physically hurt during the reading of this post. Should redness and/or swelling occur consult your gynecologist immediately.
joeski3d is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 11:08 AM   #860
scott0482

My Ride: 2001 530i
Send a message via AIM to scott0482
Quote:
With a 45 minute drive home which includes time in VA, DC, and MD, driving slightly intoxicated sounds like a bad idea. Doing that while driving a green range rover with illegal tint and temporary indiana tags is infinitely worse.

Hence the 5%...
Did you go to Falls Church or Gaithersburg? I thought you lived up in MoCo somewhere...

Quote:
Win win win

Click image for larger version

Name:	photo.jpg
Views:	189
Size:	85.2 KB
ID:	392116

You know I bought this because I had just gotten done reading that "Hidden Hand" crap.. and the guy that wrote it said that was his name a few times.

The stuff I had recently that was good, or at least something that everyone should try, is this:

(I may have posted it in this thread already, I don't know..)

Last edited by scott0482; 02-04-2011 at 11:14 AM.
scott0482 is offline   Reply With Quote