E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > General Off-Topic

General Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime" safe and in good taste. You must be logged in to see sub-forums.
Click here to browse all new posts.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 11 votes, 4.64 average.
Old 03-18-2011, 06:18 AM   #981
6-speed

My Ride: E21 > E46
Quote:
Originally Posted by MATT0404 View Post
Oh, and enjoy the Ten Fidy! Remember to pour and consume it a little closer to room temp. Don't pour it directly out of the refrigerator.
Do this! It is actually worse right out of fridge, the warmer it got the better it was.
6-speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 08:10 AM   #982
trizzuth

My Ride: gobbles oil like a B
i really think I'm the only one in the world that can't stand ten fidy. Just gross, and I love me some strong beers, especially stouts! The alcohol was just way over the top on the Ten Fidy. And by over the top, I mean that it comes through way too much, I've had other beers as strong, or stronger and the alcohol is masked much better. I think that's what makes a great strong beer, when it's really strong, but the alcohol doesn't overpower the intense flavor.

anyways.. here's what i bought the other day and cracked open last night to try, it's called Troubadour Obscura, and on the bottle it says "Mild Stout Product of Belgium...Alc 8.2%" Great Bottle, with champagne cork!

Now the interesting thing about this beer is that coming from America, I must have an entirely different opinion of what constitutes a "stout" because this was unlike any stout I've ever had in my life. It was typically Belgian Extra Bubbly, re-fermented in the bottle, but not smooth like a stout should be. Almost tasted like drinking a Belgian Saison, just a little tad darker. Flavor was good, but after my first glass, I totally forgot that I was supposedly drinking a "mild stout". Interesting. Won't buy again, but interesting. Put a decent dent in my for the 750ml too...
Old 03-18-2011, 10:53 AM   #983
I*do*Werke

My Ride: E46 --> E30
I cant believe no one has mentioned natural ice! There is no cheaper way to get into a drunk college girls panties than... Natty Ice!!!

Last edited by I*do*Werke; 03-18-2011 at 10:54 AM.
I*do*Werke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 10:56 AM   #984
JJR4884

My Ride: BMW
Beers last night

Had the Weihenstephaner Vitus... amazing
Had the double IPA from BBC.. on the page prior, yumm!!

Also bought a 750mL of Gulden Draak Served that with a cognac butter glazed 40oz bone in ribeye, cooked over hot charcoal and applewood blocks
Old 03-18-2011, 11:08 AM   #985
6-speed

My Ride: E21 > E46
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJR4884 View Post
Beers last night

Also bought a 750mL of Gulden Draak Served that with a cognac butter glazed 40oz bone in ribeye, cooked over hot charcoal and applewood blocks

come cook for me please.
6-speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 11:46 AM   #986
JJR4884

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6-speed View Post

come cook for me please.

Get in line
Old 03-18-2011, 02:04 PM   #987
trizzuth

Quote:
Beers last night

No Double IPA from BBC on last page, explain yo'self fool!

DUDEEEEE, 40oz ribeye??? that's like 2.5 lbs!!!! WTF? you did not eat a 2.5lb steak.
Old 03-18-2011, 02:14 PM   #988
JJR4884

Quote:
Originally Posted by trizzuth View Post
No Double IPA from BBC on last page, explain yo'self fool!

DUDEEEEE, 40oz ribeye??? that's like 2.5 lbs!!!! WTF? you did not eat a 2.5lb steak.
Lol... I forgot the name of it... hoppin something or whatever it is...

Um... **** lemme think. I'm on my phone right now, gimme a few minutes to check it out

And no I didn't eat that all by myself... buddy had a st pattys day party and I brought that to split between 6 people lol... lots of food
Old 03-18-2011, 02:17 PM   #989
JJR4884

Mojo Risin IIRC

It is a double wet hopped ipa I believe, sorry I forgot a lot from yesterday lol
Old 03-19-2011, 09:43 PM   #990
MATT0404

My Ride: F800GS
Purchased this elusive beer today:

Voodoo Brewing Black Magick

This is an Imperial Stout that is Brewed to great strength and complexity. It is then aged in Elaigh Craig 13 1/2 year old Bourbon Barrels for 1 yr. and then primed and bottled to bottle condition for continued aging and celler life. Black Magick should be able to be aged up to about 5 years, to heighten the complexity and smooth nature of this beer. This beer should be opened to breath, pour into snifter and enjoy at 55-60 F.

Released every 2 years.

http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/13371/31547

http://www.ratebeer.com/beer/voodoo-...ick/93866/3/8/
MATT0404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 12:56 PM   #991
trizzuth

Damn, that black magick sounds amazing!

Here's a few that I've had over the past few days:

This is one great beer, Hop aroma is absolutely AMAZING, and it comes through strong in the taste as well. Makes me gain more respect for Sam Adams as I had lost a bit because of getting tired of their same ol selection.. (not to knock the Imperial series because they are all good as well, but this one really was outstanding!)

Then had this, M8Fn BOMB. Almost as incredible as Southern Tier's Chokolat, but a little different.. almost as good as BBC's Coffeehouse Porter, I'd say it's on par with that. I LOVE me some long trail! Damn the F8cker that took this pic, he got it for a dollar cheaper than I did!

Then got a 12 pack of this to try since the normal lager was really good, loving it so far, this is one of my favorite session beers now!

Oh yeah, and I got a 4 pack of Aprihop too, DELICIOUS for the spring!!!

Last edited by trizzuth; 03-21-2011 at 12:58 PM.
trizzuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 01:07 PM   #992
Hokeez

My Ride: 2000 BMW 323 Ci
New to this thread and haven't had a chance to look through it yet.

Hopefully Bell's HopSlam has been posted already, that's probably my favorite beer of all time.

Dogfish Head 90 Minute is good, haven't had a chance to try the 120 Minute yet.

He'Brew R.I.P.A. Is pretty damn good and so is the Gordon IPA.

I've probably tried upwards of 70 different beers but many of the names are eluding me ATM. HopSlam is my #1 and it's so hard to get it down here in Atlanta. I bought about 2-1/2 cases back in January and that's going to have to last me for the rest of the year
Hokeez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 06:42 PM   #993
MATT0404

My Ride: F800GS
Quote:
Originally Posted by trizzuth View Post
Damn, that black magick sounds amazing!

Here's a few that I've had over the past few days:

I also enjoyed the Latitude 48. Surprisingly hoppy for a low ABV Sam Adams brew.

I almost picked up one of those Long Trail's, but passed it up. I'll have to grab one next time I'm out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hokeez View Post
New to this thread and haven't had a chance to look through it yet.

Hopefully Bell's HopSlam has been posted already, that's probably my favorite beer of all time.

Dogfish Head 90 Minute is good, haven't had a chance to try the 120 Minute yet.

He'Brew R.I.P.A. Is pretty damn good and so is the Gordon IPA.

I've probably tried upwards of 70 different beers but many of the names are eluding me ATM. HopSlam is my #1 and it's so hard to get it down here in Atlanta. I bought about 2-1/2 cases back in January and that's going to have to last me for the rest of the year
Hop Slam is very good! One of my favorite seasonal IIPA's. If you liked the Gordon IPA, try a Gubna (if you haven't already)!

I just poured this:

Absolutely fantastic! Definitely one of my top 5 beers.
MATT0404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 07:18 PM   #994
Hokeez

My Ride: 2000 BMW 323 Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by MATT0404 View Post
Hop Slam is very good! One of my favorite seasonal IIPA's. If you liked the Gordon IPA, try a Gubna (if you haven't already)!

I just poured this:

Absolutely fantastic! Definitely one of my top 5 beers.
I'll have to definitely be on the lookout for Gubna, the Gordon was one of the first IPA's I ever had
Hokeez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 09:21 PM   #995
Ma Junior

My Ride: Has 2 Wheels
After enjoying Trappistes Rochefort 6, 8, and 10, my beer guru suggested Trois Pistoles. Absolutely delicious

Old 03-24-2011, 08:33 AM   #996
trizzuth

Boy, Weihenstephaner sure has some nice beers, and the price is decent too! Just tried this last night. JJR, get this, you won't be sorry, it's super smooth, and 7+% alc too, KORBINAN delicious!

Also got a six pack of this, tastes oddly almost exactly like Loose Cannon, but it's black. Only difference I can really tell is that the scent of the hops isn't as strong as in Loose Cannon, none the less this is a GREAT beer!

Then also got a 12 pack of Sierra Nevada Glissade, which is a super smooth golden bock, I think I definitely perfer their normal pale ale or any of their more hoppy offerings, but if you like a smooth, not overly hopped beer, this one is for you!
Old 03-24-2011, 08:39 AM   #997
JJR4884

Triz i had the Vidas last thursday... great choice man, i would have never thought to try that. I'm a purist with Weihenstephaner so I always go for the hefe lol. I'll try that one as well...

I wonder if they make an Eisbock... that would be super sweet Schnieder's Eisbock is amazing, almost port-ish... and a slap in the face with a swift 12% ABV, goes down like nothing
Old 03-24-2011, 08:40 AM   #998
speedcrazy1532

My Ride: is over
Quote:
Mojo Risin IIRC

It is a double wet hopped ipa I believe, sorry I forgot a lot from yesterday lol
lol you could have just looked at post 970

-Phil
speedcrazy1532 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 09:28 AM   #999
trizzuth

Korbinan is a Dopplebock, check out this rating son!

http://www.ratebeer.com/beer/weihens...orbinian/7823/

By the way, now that you've stopped being a Pvssy and are making your way into the stronger beers, if you've never tried this, this is probably one of my top two beers of all time. Just absolutely amazing. For an 11% alc beer, the alc doens't come through as you'd expect, it's literally like drinking liquid hops. BEER OF THE GODS right here, amazing stuff, and like $6.99 for a 22, I bow to this s hit:

Old 03-24-2011, 09:38 AM   #1000
JJR4884

lol i've always liked stronger beers you dick, just never tried the Weihenstephaners

whats that beer? i'm on work computer so red x for that pic... i'll search it tho if you gimme the name