E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > General Off-Topic

General Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime" safe and in good taste. You must be logged in to see sub-forums.
Click here to browse all new posts.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 11 votes, 4.64 average.
Old 09-18-2008, 05:45 AM   #121
6-speed

My Ride: E21 > E46
I had a Sam Adams Octoberfest the other day, it was good. Oh and the 120 minute IPA from DFH was awesome. Id love to find some more...
6-speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 06:03 AM   #122
JohnMate

My Ride: What work gives me!
outta interest how much does a carton (24x 330 ml bottles..) of standard beer set you back in the U.S? not boutique just the standard blue collar beer
Old 09-18-2008, 06:36 AM   #123
BMWDon

My Ride: Needs a cage
a case (24 bottles) of bud/bud light/coors light/MGD/etc (crap american pilsners/lagers) would be roughly $24-28 in a regular liquor store.
Old 09-18-2008, 06:56 AM   #124
JohnMate

ah yeah not too much of a difference to Australia.. Australia's equivalent is tooheys, Victoria Bitter and XXXX gold they range from 30-40 dollars depending where you are in Australia I heard someone say 16 bucks earlier in the thread so I needed to make sure lol
Old 09-18-2008, 06:57 AM   #125
joeski3d

My Ride: 2000 323i
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnMate View Post
ah yeah not too much of a difference to Australia.. Australia's equivalent is tooheys, Victoria Bitter and XXXX gold they range from 30-40 dollars depending where you are in Australia I heard someone say 16 bucks earlier in the thread so I needed to make sure lol
Oh, it's true. There is beer you can by for $16/case but trust me when i say you really don't want it.

Ballbusters Inc.

DISCLAIMER: No balls were physically hurt during the reading of this post. Should redness and/or swelling occur consult your gynecologist immediately.
joeski3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 07:05 AM   #126
JohnMate

see we dont have that option in Australia.. every poor person drinks either cask wine which comes in 4 litre boxs at 13 dollars or cheap horrible port at 4 dollars a bottle. Im a bottle shop manager so I see my fair share of this. but yeah mentioning the bud up there before for 28 in our shop its an "imported" beer and goes for $60
Old 09-18-2008, 07:14 AM   #127
BMWDon

My Ride: Needs a cage
Quote:
but yeah mentioning the bud up there before for 28 in our shop its an "imported" beer and goes for $60
that's f'd up

and some peoples definition of a "case" is different, to me, a case is 24 beers, bottles or cans, some people run out to get a "case" and bring back a 12 pack...that's half a case damnit...those are typically $12-16.
Old 09-18-2008, 07:42 AM   #128
joeski3d

Quote:
see we dont have that option in Australia.. every poor person drinks either cask wine which comes in 4 litre boxs at 13 dollars or cheap horrible port at 4 dollars a bottle. Im a bottle shop manager so I see my fair share of this. but yeah mentioning the bud up there before for 28 in our shop its an "imported" beer and goes for $60
I'll not touch Budweiser unless someone buys it for me or if at an event and it's the only thing available.

They keep touting Fosters as Australian beer here but I heard rumor they make it in Canada. Can an Aussie in the biz like yourself confirm or deny?

Oh, and the cheap case of beer I was referring to is called Natural Light, comes 30/case and can easily be acquired for $14.

Ballbusters Inc.

DISCLAIMER: No balls were physically hurt during the reading of this post. Should redness and/or swelling occur consult your gynecologist immediately.
Old 09-18-2008, 09:10 AM   #129
cowmoo32
drunken science

My Ride: Trek 1.5
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6-speed View Post
I had a Sam Adams Octoberfest the other day, it was good. Oh and the 120 minute IPA from DFH was awesome. Id love to find some more...
DFH 60 Minute IPA is amazing. Try it.

flickher

What's this about a brownie in motion?
cowmoo32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 09:36 AM   #130
unionjack
Conceited Prick

My Ride: 997.2 C2S
7 away from my plate The Flying Saucer. I'll be 4 away by day's end (can only get credit for 3 a day). I'm working it out to get my plate on me and my wife's 10-year anniversary. Woot!!!

Tonight's 3: Boulevard Lunar Ale, Allagash White, Hofbrau Dunkel
Old 09-18-2008, 09:41 AM   #131
cowmoo32
drunken science

My Ride: Trek 1.5
Quote:
Originally Posted by unionjack View Post
7 away from my plate The Flying Saucer. I'll be 4 away by day's end (can only get credit for 3 a day). I'm working it out to get my plate on me and my wife's 10-year anniversary. Woot!!!

Damn, now that's an accomplishment

flickher

What's this about a brownie in motion?
cowmoo32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 09:50 AM   #132
Joe1404

My Ride: 530i
If anyone lives near a Total Wine & More, they have a very good selection of beer that can be bought by the case or bottle if you want to try a new beer. Their prices are very reasonable. I would recommend Duvel It is a Belguim strong ale made with Saaz hops and is full of flavor at 8.5% alc. Also Flying Dog has a very good selection of beers to choose from as well.

Enjoy!
Joe1404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 09:51 AM   #133
6-speed

My Ride: E21 > E46
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowmoo32 View Post
That's what got me hooked on DFH beers, I'm still trying to find the 90 minute.

Quote:

huh? do they send you 3 beers every so often?
6-speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 09:53 AM   #134
joeski3d

Quote:
Boulevard Lunar Ale, Allagash White, Hofbrau Dunkel

Ballbusters Inc.

Old 09-18-2008, 09:55 AM   #135
Shortkut00

My Ride: 2002 325Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeski3d View Post
I'll not touch Budweiser unless someone buys it for me or if at an event and it's the only thing available.

They keep touting Fosters as Australian beer here but I heard rumor they make it in Canada. Can an Aussie in the biz like yourself confirm or deny?

Oh, and the cheap case of beer I was referring to is called Natural Light, comes 30/case and can easily be acquired for $14.
No one in Australia drinks Fosters
Old 09-18-2008, 10:59 AM   #136
joeski3d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shortkut00 View Post
No one in Australia drinks Fosters
I can honestly say I don't know anyone here that drinks it either. The Outback Steakhouse (Aussie themed chain restaurant here in the states) really loves to push the swill though.

Ballbusters Inc.

Old 09-18-2008, 08:45 PM   #137
coco savage

My Ride: 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowmoo32 View Post
im just not a fan..i like the 90min better, but its s'ok still....i wonder how good the 120 is

Random Images

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black107 View Post
he's just the resident off-topic ball breaker. Dont take it personally.
coco savage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 09:58 PM   #138
DKman

My Ride: 325xi
I'm probably going to get my head bitten off for this, but any light beer recommendations? Anyone had Rolling Rock Green Light?
DKman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 10:10 PM   #139
JohnMate

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeski3d View Post

Im not entirely sure but now you mention it it would make sense.. generally when someone buys over a liquor company within 3 days we have a rep in our shop trying to flog us merchandise.. and not long ago we had a bloke from forsters in.. And I know it changes owners more then it does bottles,so yeah If you have heard it, its most likely true as for forsters in general though we really dont drink it in Australia I dont even think we stock it in our bottle shop! Ive only ever had the disgust of having it once and that was in Bali, Indonesia

Last edited by JohnMate; 09-18-2008 at 10:12 PM.
JohnMate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 01:39 AM   #140
slysloth

My Ride: 2000 328i
Quote:
Im not entirely sure but now you mention it it would make sense.. generally when someone buys over a liquor company within 3 days we have a rep in our shop trying to flog us merchandise.. and not long ago we had a bloke from forsters in.. And I know it changes owners more then it does bottles,so yeah If you have heard it, its most likely true as for forsters in general though we really dont drink it in Australia I dont even think we stock it in our bottle shop! Ive only ever had the disgust of having it once and that was in Bali, Indonesia
don't you hate being misrepresented like that??? I am vietnamese and everytime someone says they have had vietnamese food here in columbia sc I have to tell them that if it was at this shithole place called golden chopstix then it wasn't real vietnamese (they are run by a half vietnamese lady and her american husband and the food sucks ass)