E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > BMW News from around the Web

BMW News from around the Web
Submit the latest BMW news from around the world for other E46Fanatics members to check out.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-17-2006, 07:00 AM   #1
tim330i
Owner/Admin

My Ride: 03 Ti Silver M3
E46Fanatics.com Wallpapers Now Available for Download!

E46Fanatics.com, in conjunction with Ruji.net and Technik Engineering is pleased to release exclusive E46Fanatics.com wallpapers for download now!

Directions for download
Click the image to get the full quality image in a new window. When the new window opens, right click on the image and choose 'Set as Desktop Background'.

About the shoot
Although I enjoy working with all of my clients, there are a few shoots that are especially memorable. This particular job with TECHNIK was one such shoot. I know it's going to be a good day when Samir calls and tells me that he has another car ready. With the 330ii, it was no different. No restrictions on locations, no complaints about early call times (4am), and a beautiful car - what's not to love? For this shoot, we shot around the industrial district of downtown Los Angeles and weaved our way up the 5 FWY towards the Antelope Valley. A word of caution for all the rogue photographers out there looking to shoot without a permit: be responsible, and most of all be safe. I am as guilty as anyone, and as a resident of downtown LA, I know how increasingly difficult it is to film without a permit. Although I do not endorse stealing locations, if you do, please be respectful to the businesses, residents, and authorities that you may come across. Believe it or not, there are people out there who find the sound of a Carrera GT exhaust annoying (more so at early morning hours). Photographers: we're all in this together and each of our actions will have an impact, however indirect it may be, on other photographers.

I want to take this opportunity to thank all the members and visitors to this site for the support I've received over the years. I have fond memories from the early days when I used to post frequently and get feedback about my photographs. That feedback and support had a great impact on where I am today and I will always be thankful for that. I also want to thank Tim and Mark for not only giving me the opportunity to offer these wallpapers, but also providing an amazing resource for current and prospective e46 and e90 drivers in the form of e46fantics.com and e90fanatics.com, respectively.?

Additionally, for those that order posters through this site, I'll be offering a free 8.5" x 11" signed print (limit 50). A poll has been created and it's up to the members of this site to decide which image will image from the set will be the free print. The poll will end on November 1st. At that time, I will ship out all orders. If you prefer not to have the free print, I will ship out the orders as they come in (twice weekly). At checkout, please be sure to enter this coupon code in the comments field: E46FANATICS.?

To order a poster, please visit: http://ruji.net/store/

To cast your vote on the free image image, vote HERE - This offer is good for the first 50 orders.

Can you give us the general rundown on RUJI?
Sure - In a nutshell, we offer photographic services. RUJI is a small company, consisting of one photographer and one studio manager. Located in the Downtown Los Angeles arts district in a 1900 sq. foot studio, we specialize in automotive and product photography. Here are couple of shots from recent shoots - keep an eye out for updates soon! Thanks again! - Wynn

Recent work by RUJI

Why did Technik Engineering build this project car?
Due to the lack of a 4-door E46 M3, TE decided to modify an existing E46 330i sedan using factory BMW M3 coupe body parts. By taking the exact dimensions of the E46 M3 coupe, TE was able to duplicate the M3's fenders out of sheetmetal and contour them to the existing front fenders and rear quarter panels of the E46 sedan, thus allowing the CSL front and M3 rear bumpers to line up perfectly without any modification. Next, the M3's power bulge was duplicated on the facelifted sedan's existing hood, while the bootlid was customized with a CSL-style lip. The end result reflects a striking example of what a factory-commissioned E46 M3 sedan could have looked like if BMW had decided to produce one.

Why type of performance upgrades were added to this project car?
Once the bodywork was completed, the existing powerplant and powertrain needed to live up to the aggressive look of the new exterior. The stock powerplant produces roughly 195WHP/195WTQ (power at the wheels), which is good for a 0-60 time of about 6 seconds when equipped with a manual 6-speed transmission. To increase performance, TE fitted their intercooled Stage 3 centrifugal supercharger system, good for about 300WHP/260WTQ at 9.5psi of boost pressure. This equates to roughly 360HP at the flywheel. Next up, the standard 330 rear subframe was removed and swapped out with that of the E46 M3, including new axles, driveshaft, carrier and 3.62 limited slip differential. The result is a blistering 0-60 time of just under 5 seconds and low 13-sec quarter mile.

What type of finishing touches were added to complete the project car?
Given the new found performance of this 330 project car, the factory brakes were removed and replaced with Brembo 15" 4-piston cross drilled units and the factory wheels were replaced with a set of BBS LM 19X8.5 and 19X10, wrapped with Dunlop SP9000 245/35/ZR19 and 285/30/ZR19 tires. Thanks to the widened fender arches, the wider wheel and tire setup does not present a fitment issue. A Supersprint E46 M3 race exhaust system was installed to help the supercharged engine breathe more efficiently, while the factory suspension was replaced with a KW Variant 3 coilover system, featuring complete adjustability of ride height, shock dampening and shock rebound.

For more information about Technik Engineering's products, visit their new website at www.technikpower.com.

Technik Engineering Car Specifications

2004 330i ZHP -
1) Custom widebody kit, using front/rear M3 fender flares

2) CSL front bumper and OE E46 M3 rear bumper

3) Custom CSL-type trunk

4) Technik Stage 3 intercooled supercharger kit (303WHP @ 9.5psi)

5) Supersprint E46 M3 race exhaust

6) Brembo 15" BBK

7) BBS LM 19X8.5/19X10 w/ Dunlop SP9000 245/35/19 and 285/30/19

8) KW V3 coilovers

9) E46 M3 subframe transplant (diff, axles, carrier, driveshaft)
tim330i is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.