E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Suspension & Braking

Suspension & Braking
Have some questions about suspension or brake setups for your E46 BMW? Get all your answers here!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-10-2008, 02:13 AM   #21
Sneaky

My Ride: Fixie
Eibach Pro Kit which are designed to work with your stock shocks FTW. I know of people on here who have 2-3 years on their stock shocks with the eibach system. They also retain the OEM ride comfort you're used too.

Here is my car on them, Installed on Tuesday.

Sig by So Lowww
Pictures I take
OVOxo till we overdose

Last edited by Sneaky; 08-10-2008 at 02:18 AM.
Sneaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 03:30 AM   #22
shointake

My Ride: 2001 e46 330i
that is SIckalicious Brother!

Eibach Pro Kit is ment to be used with Stock Shocks.. hence it is a .5-1 inch Drop..

Do u have the Sport Package? hence SPort Shocks?

If so.. that is Lucious! cause SPort shocks were ment to be used with a Lowered Spring Setup.. Hence SPORT PACKAGE!

I really want to find out whats teh max drop we can use on a sport Shock Package Setup.. Im gonna try the H&R Race Spring setup and see how Long my Stock SPort Shocks last up to.. and write a Post about it.. for further Help of other BMW e46 330i Sport package OWNERS!

WIsh me Luck, KENN
shointake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 03:19 PM   #23
maxm50

My Ride: 1999 Steel Blue 328i
Quote:
Originally Posted by shointake View Post
that is SIckalicious Brother!

Eibach Pro Kit is ment to be used with Stock Shocks.. hence it is a .5-1 inch Drop..

Do u have the Sport Package? hence SPort Shocks?

If so.. that is Lucious! cause SPort shocks were ment to be used with a Lowered Spring Setup.. Hence SPORT PACKAGE!

I really want to find out whats teh max drop we can use on a sport Shock Package Setup.. Im gonna try the H&R Race Spring setup and see how Long my Stock SPort Shocks last up to.. and write a Post about it.. for further Help of other BMW e46 330i Sport package OWNERS!

WIsh me Luck, KENN
It's not that simple. The sport package shocks were designed to be used with the sport package spring rates and heights. Period. Why would BMW design them for anything else?

And like I said before, it's not a simple matter of "whether the stock shocks will last." There is no set point that you'll say, "Oh, well yesterday the car felt great but today my shocks are obviously toast." It's a gradual decline, one that will be accelerated by the use of stiffer, lower springs.

That being said, feel free to throw the Race springs on your stock shocks that are undoubtedly already worn (unless somehow you have a super low mileage car). I can pretty much guarantee that sometime down the road when you replace the dampers, you'll be kicking yourself for doing the same labor twice and spending all that driving time missing out on the benefits that an upgraded suspension will give you. Plunk down the cash now, it's not like a set of Koni Yellows or FSDs are really that expensive.
maxm50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 03:36 PM   #24
simsima325
'a certain moderator'

My Ride: Honda Civic
^ his logic is undeniable.
Old 08-11-2008, 06:03 PM   #25
Kenny@JleviSW
Past Site Sponsor

My Ride: JB E90 335
Send a message via AIM to Kenny@JleviSW
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxm50 View Post
It's not that simple. The sport package shocks were designed to be used with the sport package spring rates and heights. Period. Why would BMW design them for anything else?

And like I said before, it's not a simple matter of "whether the stock shocks will last." There is no set point that you'll say, "Oh, well yesterday the car felt great but today my shocks are obviously toast." It's a gradual decline, one that will be accelerated by the use of stiffer, lower springs.

That being said, feel free to throw the Race springs on your stock shocks that are undoubtedly already worn (unless somehow you have a super low mileage car). I can pretty much guarantee that sometime down the road when you replace the dampers, you'll be kicking yourself for doing the same labor twice and spending all that driving time missing out on the benefits that an upgraded suspension will give you. Plunk down the cash now, it's not like a set of Koni Yellows or FSDs are really that expensive.
Agreed. You should just do it right the first time around. Who knows if your shocks can even hold out for a year. It might even go bad in just a few months.
Kenny@JleviSW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 04:43 AM   #26
shointake

My Ride: 2001 e46 330i
But iM RIDICULOUSLY POOR

i have a KID on the way.. i gotta find a Place.. im supporting my baby momma and her First Kid.. i drive a 01 bmw 291 a Month and 700 every 6 months for full coverage..

Im pieceing out my honda that i built.. id rather have my car lowered Now.. so it looks good.. save up more Money and DO A TRUE COILOVER setup installation.. like TEIN.. NEX packages..

maybe my logic is wrong.. But im 24 yrs old.. and life isnt really great rite now.. im not 30+ with a House.. and a great Job.. IM STILL ON UNEMPLOYMENT.. waiting for the ****ING goverment to give me my disability Rating.. ** FORMER U.S MARINE- TWO tours to IRAQ.. ****ed up my HIP and Lower back.. i use a CANE with 1 LEG shorter then the OTHER **

Maybe when im rated by the goverment with a disability check.. free health care.. and **** ill do it.. BUT RITE NOW im unemployed.. having a KID.. bmw payment.. feeding 3 mouths as of Now.. 4 soon.. and BLAH

sorry im not rich.. and well off.. i still gotta go to college.. i spent 5 years 8 months in the damn MARINE CORPS.. i get fulll tuition though.. thank BUDDHA on that ONE
shointake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 05:36 AM   #27
M3_GTR

My Ride: hates driveways
for h&r race
Oh wait, must be american?\
Be like 1500 over here

FOR SALE!
M3_GTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 12:11 PM   #28
ModBargains
Sponsor

My Ride: E30 325e & E46 ZHP
You should hold off until you can afford a good spring/shock combo or a set of coilovers. I say while you are at it, you might as well get a set of ST coilovers. They are not much more than a good spring/ shock combo. Let me know if you need any help getting a set. I can set you up with a fool quote.

BMW Wheels In Stock | BMW Intake Experts
Hours
: Mon - Fri 8:00am - 6:00pm / Saturday 8:00am - 5:00pm (PST)
Check out our Blog for updates!
ModBargains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 01:48 PM   #29
Dreamliner330

My Ride: 330xi
i put h&r springs on my car...left everything stock, shocks etc...but remember, I started with an xi, so it was really high already.

Dreamliner330 is offline   Reply With Quote