E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > Site Feedback/Questions/Suggestions

Site Feedback/Questions/Suggestions
Do you have feedback/questions/ideas/suggestions about the site? Post them here.

Old 02-02-2003, 10:40 PM   #1
SARCASM
AudiFanatic

My Ride: Audi S4
Question Moderators - Company Name as Username

Hello moderators,

I agree with your policy about company names as Usernames. I noticed that Fabrizio@EF1 changed his to FabrizioAldrette. Are there any other non-sponsors using their company names as usernames? Is streeteffectz.com a sponsor? If not, in the interest of fairness shouldn't ron@streeteffectz change his username as well? Thank you.
SARCASM is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 02-02-2003, 10:46 PM   #2
SARCASM
AudiFanatic

Why was this moved? I think it would be nice if you could shed some light into this for me because I don't know the difference between. Why hasn't Ron changed his name as well. If we make rules, enforcing it on everyone except for a selected few isn't cool. Please if I am wrong, correct me.
Old 02-02-2003, 10:55 PM   #3
John from jersey
Creation awaits

My Ride: Gallardo, CLS55
a part owner of streeteffectz also moderates this board for all 8,000 members to benefit. Every single day, going on 4 years now, free of charge. If that doesnt qualify as sponsoring the boards. I don't know what is.

Thats how i see it...
John from jersey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2003, 11:00 PM   #4
SARCASM
AudiFanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by John from jersey
a part owner of streeteffectz also moderates this board for all 8,000 members to benefit. Every single day, going on 4 years now, free of charge. If that doesnt qualify as sponsoring the boards. I don't know what is.

Thats how i see it...
I see your point, but shouldn't other members be allowed to have company names as usernames if they can contribute free advice like Ron? I mean if you make a rule, enforcing the rules on everyone except for a selected few is not cool. No matter if they contribute or not. What's good for Ron should be good for anyone else who wants to contribute free advice, no?
Old 02-02-2003, 11:01 PM   #5
jAb
I've got cool scars

My Ride: 09 335i & 00 328Ci
why are you so concerned with this?
with a list of over 8000 member names it will take us time to be sure everyone is in compliance

and since you seem to be so concerned about streeteffectz........ yes they are a sponsor and they are awaiting thier banner to begin advertising

there are also other sponsors on the board who are not "advertisers" as well......... there is a difference
jAb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2003, 11:10 PM   #6
SARCASM
AudiFanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by jAb
why are you so concerned with this?
with a list of over 8000 member names it will take us time to be sure everyone is in compliance

and since you seem to be so concerned about streeteffectz........ yes they are a sponsor and they are awaiting thier banner to begin advertising

there are also other sponsors on the board who are not "advertisers" as well......... there is a difference
I did not mean to ruffle anyones feathers here. I was merely asking to be corrected if I was wrong. I didn't want to get flammed for it. Whenever there is gray areas surrounding a certain topic, isn't it a good thing to bring it out in the open and ask for clarity? I will soon be releasing my own interior business in Van Nuys and wanted to change my username to Tom@SarcasmDesigns. That is the reason for my concern.

Please clarify what you meant by this.

"there are also other sponsors on the board who are not "advertisers" as well......... there is a difference"

Thank you.
Old 02-02-2003, 11:21 PM   #7
jAb
I've got cool scars

My Ride: 09 335i & 00 328Ci
Quote:
Originally posted by SARCASM

I did not mean to ruffle anyones feathers here. I was merely asking to be corrected if I was wrong. I didn't want to get flammed for it. Whenever there is gray areas surrounding a certain topic, isn't it a good thing to bring it out in the open and ask for clarity? I will soon be releasing my own interior business in Van Nuys and wanted to change my username to Tom@SarcasmDesigns. That is the reason for my concern.

Please clarify what you meant by this.

"there are also other sponsors on the board who are not "advertisers" as well......... there is a difference"

Thank you.
who is flaming you???

did you read john's post?

there are a number of people that put time and money in to this site that are sponsors but that doesnt neccessarily make them advertisers
just one example.....dave put hundreds if not thousands of hours into the site design and interface and will put just as many in for the new design
so if he wants to change his username to dave@davesdesign.com then im sure the owners of this site will have no problem with that

another example....... tim and mark have partnered with many companys to make this site and new features possible

another example........ the moderators of this site have put in many "unseen" hours in to the developement of this site, articles, new feature testing, etc etc etc not just moving posts for people that are to lazy or dont give a **** to post in the proper forums

i can think of another dozen examples of people that contribute to this site in ways that are unseen

so as i said not all sponsors are advertisers and companys that want to sell products
jAb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2003, 05:48 PM   #8
Chase265
Suck it easy.............

My Ride: A BIG POS
Send a message via AIM to Chase265
I somewhat agree with sarcasm....
Old 02-11-2003, 03:12 PM   #9
bender
hammer talks like this

My Ride: 2006 Honda insight
Send a message via AIM to bender
Quote:
Originally posted by Chase265
super ditto
bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2003, 10:06 AM   #10
BAVARIAN323i
Ballin'

My Ride: 1999 323i
Send a message via AIM to BAVARIAN323i
Quote:
Originally posted by Chase265
Me too, there shouldn't be acceptions to the rules...

I don't mind having the names with the company in them (like Ron has), I think that this board is a community area for people to talk and advertise interest in e46's, but being devils advocate I also understand that Tim wants $$ for the recognition, because he supports this site and he gets the last say in what goes up.

Why doesnt streeteffectz become a sponsor? If Tim doesn't want to charge them for it, then fine

1999 e46
-Jim Confronti Shark Injector Software
-18x8.5 Breyton Inspirations
-Bridgestone S-03 Potenza Pole Positionís
-H&R CupKit w/ M3 RSM & Z3 plate
-UUC Pedals
-European Lights w/ Silvervision Bulbs all around
-DEI Shock Sensor
BAVARIAN323i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2003, 12:26 PM   #11
UltimateOne
Fanatics vs. E46 DTM 4evar

My Ride: 15 ISM WRX
Send a message via AIM to UltimateOne
StreetEffectz is a site sponsor, and its definitely not fair how some people push there product throught the site when our sponsors shell out the moola.
UltimateOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2003, 06:03 PM   #12
BAVARIAN323i
Ballin'

My Ride: 1999 323i
Send a message via AIM to BAVARIAN323i
Oh, I said that I didnt think he was a sponsor cause i just looked at the sponsor list and he wasnt there...

Thats cool though, so are you agreeing with sarcasm or jab, Jeff?

1999 e46
-Jim Confronti Shark Injector Software
-18x8.5 Breyton Inspirations
-Bridgestone S-03 Potenza Pole Positionís
-H&R CupKit w/ M3 RSM & Z3 plate
-UUC Pedals
-European Lights w/ Silvervision Bulbs all around
-DEI Shock Sensor
BAVARIAN323i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2003, 06:37 PM   #13
tim330i
Owner/Admin

My Ride: 03 Ti Silver M3
StreetEffectz is a site sponsors....always have been.

This isn't an exception to the rule; StreetEffectz has a deal with us that you must not have known about. There are things that go on that not everyone is aware of.

Anyways, there can by any exceptions that Mark or I feel like. If we wanted to allow someone to run a company name for whatever reason then we would. Unfair? Perhaps but just like this situation you probably wouldn't know the full details

Tim
tim330i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2003, 12:50 AM   #14
JFawwaz
Banned

My Ride: 330ci
what about people who have "hamann" in their username or "ACS"
JFawwaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2003, 12:58 AM   #15
UltimateOne
Fanatics vs. E46 DTM 4evar

My Ride: 15 ISM WRX
Send a message via AIM to UltimateOne
Quote:
Originally posted by JFawwaz
what about people who have "hamann" in their username or "ACS"
Do you actually think any of the members who might have those names would be working for those companies? C'mon this forum is for serious questions.
UltimateOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2003, 07:06 PM   #16
JFawwaz
Banned

My Ride: 330ci
sorry i didnt mean to waste your time jeff. I guess i misread the post "members who have a company name as their username"
JFawwaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2003, 02:09 AM   #17
tim330i
Owner/Admin

My Ride: 03 Ti Silver M3
Quote:
Originally posted by JFawwaz
sorry i didnt mean to waste your time jeff. I guess i misread the post "members who have a company name as their username"
You must not have read the thread because otherwise the answer to your question would have been obvious and hence Jeff's short reply to you.

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...threadid=58602
tim330i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2003, 04:34 PM   #18
BMWintoxication
Taiwan/Vancouver/Shanghai

My Ride: Jet Black02' 325ci
Send a message via AIM to BMWintoxication Send a message via MSN to BMWintoxication
lol..

can I start a company using my username then?...

J/k j/k, just fooling around.. got nothing better to do..

Orz
BMWintoxication is offline   Reply With Quote