E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Other BMW Models > General BMW Model Discussion

General BMW Model Discussion
All non E46 BMW model questions in here. Look below for E36, E90 and F30 specific forum. For additional model specific forums check out bimmerfest.com!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-14-2008, 04:18 PM   #21
Transporter99

My Ride: Audi A5 3.2/6MT
I talked with an older gentleman recently (early 60's) and he has an '07 335i coupe (yeah.........I know). He wanted to get the 335d when it comes out since he and his wife never go past 3K rpm (sigh, I know.) So I can see where some practicality to a 335d will come into play. Better around-town power.

Hmm, wonder if my aunt & uncle will buy one. They bought the 524td when it launched in '86, and had it until '03.

Old 09-16-2008, 09:13 PM   #22
futurezero
Horror Business

My Ride: E92 335i|'11 Impreza
I am not nice to my 335i 6spd and I get 25mpg with a good mix of back roads and highway driving on my daily commute...just throwing that out there
Old 09-21-2008, 09:18 AM   #23
amullo

My Ride: 02 320Da Touring
The 335d wasnt meant to be have exceptional gas milage.

BUT, if you just dial it back half a notch to the 330D, then your talking about something else. A buddy of mine has -07 330D touring with the 6spd manual transmission and works out of the south of Sweden. He regularly does business trips with the car to middle Germany and has a habit of recording both milage and fuel, because the company refunds his fuelbills, but only if he keeps a drivers logbook on where he goes and the miles he puts on his car.

Now.. Hes had the 330D chipped to 290-300HP and ~440 ft/lbs by ESS tuning (Whom most of you probably know about)
His average fueleconomy on the highway (Think AUTOBAHN here) is ok.. roughly 37-38 MPG when cruising at 95-100 MPH. Hes had a "low" of 29 MPG when going faster. He gets over 40MPG while hauling his trailer with trackbike at 55mph. In the city the car never goes below 26 MPG, and he has a pretty heavy right foot. His DTC light blinks all through first and continues to do so almost through the second gear aswell..

//amullo
PS: I get 44-45 MPG in my old E46 320D Touring with auto on the highway.

Last edited by amullo; 09-21-2008 at 09:20 AM.
amullo is offline   Reply With Quote