E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke

Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke
Discuss supercharging, turbocharging and even nitrous and water injection here.
Sponsored by Active Autowerke

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-02-2008, 04:43 AM   #1
Ahheck01

My Ride: Soon: '04+ M3 6spd
Send a message via AIM to Ahheck01 Send a message via MSN to Ahheck01
Question Most Reliable F/I For e46 M3?

Hey guys, looking for a bit more power than the 280-300whp that n/a mods can yield, but not at a great sacrifice of reliability. What are the more reliable forms of F/I out there, and is there a specific kit you'd recommend for the S54 that is famous for being a fairly trouble-free setup?

Thanks in advance.

-Evan
Ahheck01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 09-02-2008, 08:30 AM   #2
Active Autowerke II
Past Site Sponsor

My Ride: BMWs
Send a message via AIM to Active Autowerke II
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahheck01 View Post
Hey guys, looking for a bit more power than the 280-300whp that n/a mods can yield, but not at a great sacrifice of reliability. What are the more reliable forms of F/I out there, and is there a specific kit you'd recommend for the S54 that is famous for being a fairly trouble-free setup?

Thanks in advance.

-Evan
Supercharging the S54 has proven to be one of the most reliable forms of extracting more power from the engine.
Active Autowerke II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 11:07 AM   #3
Ahheck01

So, is the AA Stg 2 SC the most reliable setup for reasonable gains? I've got the AA clutch/flywheel on the list as well, plus subframe reinforcements - what else can I do to add to the reliability of a SC setup?

I've also heard good things about the VF setup. Anyone give a good pro/con to each?

-Evan

Last edited by Ahheck01; 09-02-2008 at 11:31 AM.
Old 09-02-2008, 12:02 PM   #4
Active Autowerke II
Past Site Sponsor

Quote:
So, is the AA Stg 2 SC the most reliable setup for reasonable gains? I've got the AA clutch/flywheel on the list as well, plus subframe reinforcements - what else can I do to add to the reliability of a SC setup?

-Evan
It is. Out of the box our Supercharger set ups will make you very happy.
Old 09-02-2008, 02:25 PM   #5
pastE36prsntE46

My Ride: HPF STG 3; 95 FI M3
Nothing against Kirk there at AA but OP I would try to get some non-biased information to help confirm this.
pastE36prsntE46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 03:37 PM   #6
Active Autowerke II
Past Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by pastE36prsntE46 View Post
Nothing against Kirk there at AA but OP I would try to get some non-biased information to help confirm this.
You're right, there are a ton of members on here that can provide feedback.
Old 09-02-2008, 06:52 PM   #7
Sean@VF-Engineering
Past Site Sponsor

Quote:

Thanks in advance.

-Evan
Hey Evan,

We like to let our customers experiences help potential customers to decide if our products best suit their needs. You may want to read some reviews of our products.

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=603131

Good Luck and PM me if you have any further questions!
Sean@VF-Engineering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 10:44 AM   #8
Jean@ActiveAutowerke
Genius

My Ride: Super/Turbochargers
Send a message via AIM to Jean@ActiveAutowerke Send a message via MSN to Jean@ActiveAutowerke
Quote:

Thanks in advance.

-Evan
Hello,

At the moment we are the most reliable kit in the market. I hope no one gets offended by this. We have sold kits all over the world and continue to support all of our kits with upgrades and changes to fit the end user.

We are now on our 4th Generation system (hardware/software) on our Rotrex kits and now offer an ASA kit. We are always tweaking and working on our shop cars to find the best combination's to ensure our kit not only remains a very high quality system but we are working to make it better.

Software is commonly overlooked in regards to kits on the S54 which greatly affects the kits performance (otherwise it is just a box of parts). We have the ability to tune in house, including custom tuning cars in Australia, Japan and Europe. Which is very rare, especially in the US market.

There are countless threads of our customers cars out performing themselves over the years.

I am sure a simple search of our kits will be able to answer all of your questions. However if you have any questions you would like to have me answer feel free to post, pm, im, email or call me.

P.S.
IMHO having the peace of mind that the company you choose to go with will be working on perfecting products for your model in a few years (let alone support your kit) is more than enough to sway my choice into one direction over the other.

Last edited by Jean@ActiveAutowerke; 09-03-2008 at 10:53 AM.
Jean@ActiveAutowerke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 04:08 PM   #9
Sales@ESS
Past Site Sponsor

My Ride: Anything Fast
Hello Evan:

Not only was ESS Tuning the first to supercharge the E46 M3, but we never had to change the kit into new generations as the first design is still running strong. Just check out the Loaded CSL holding the Nürburgring street car track record. For your M3, we originally offered a Vortech-Based kit and now offer a ASA-based kit as well capable of 700hp. We R&D and manufacture in house as well as tune all kits ourselves with no outside help. Our only business is supercharging BMWs which allows us to focus all of our energy and time into making them the best.

Reliablity is the #1 concern when designing our supercharger systems. That is why they are track-tested, street-tuned, and must pass our strict durability tests. These tests include hour-long top speed load runs on the Autobahn and rigorous laps at the Nürburgring in Germany. Not to mention driving 50,000 endurance miles on each kit design before they ever hit the market. Our kits must maintain stock drivablity or else we wont sell them. We may not brag about having the highest dyno numbers, but our supercharger kits for 100,000+ miles with perfect drivability, great power, and little to no maintenance or trouble. That is what we strive for.

We sell over 1,000 supercharger kits a year around the world and more and more of them are coming to the US. We have the only BMW twin-screw supercharger system, were first to boost MS45, and the only supercharger kit for the Z4M (with a S54 engine like yours) on the planet. And more to come!

We welcome any questions!

- ESS
Sales@ESS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 04:51 PM   #10
GodSendsDeath

My Ride: 2008 350z 6-speed!!!
Damn these people are fighting for your dollar...id say from see all three in person they are pretty close. Id say fight for best dollar value because as soon as its on your car it drops %40 in value if not more. FIGHT FIGHT!!!
Old 09-05-2008, 05:01 PM   #11
battaM3

My Ride: 2003 m3
AA all the way i have had not one problem with the kit and there service for the past six months
battaM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 05:16 PM   #12
funkboy316

My Ride: 2003 M3 vert
or you could put on the HPF stage 2 kit and walk them all. which has also been proven very reliable.

626 RWHP FTW

2003 TiAg HPF stage 2.5 SMG M3 vert
funkboy316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 05:18 PM   #13
HPFMTRE

My Ride: HPF stage 3 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by funkboy316 View Post
or you could put on the HPF stage 2 kit and walk them all.

626 RWHP FTW
yeah i would look into HPF...a lot of money but its quality,perfect fit,and if something were to ever go wrong HPF will take care of you always. plus who wouldnt like 760bhp
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeRzErKaS View Post
wat?? guys with turbo M3's don't have woman troubles...

try adjusting your wastegate
HPF Stage 3 #001

R35 GTR coming soon ;)
HPFMTRE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 06:33 PM   #14
Ahheck01

Me, Ironically. I'm looking for a more civil and smooth power delivery. After furthur research, and a LOT more helpful feedback on bimmerforums, I've landed on the new AA Gen V ASA SC. 475rwhp, F/I that isn't engaged at idle, AA service and reliability, quiet... I'm excited. It'll be a little while before I pull the trigger.

-Evan
Quote:
Originally Posted by HPFMTRE View Post
yeah i would look into HPF...a lot of money but its quality,perfect fit,and if something were to ever go wrong HPF will take care of you always. plus who wouldnt like 760bhp
Old 09-05-2008, 07:39 PM   #15
XIXICEMANXIX

My Ride: 04 Dinan M3
Send a message via AIM to XIXICEMANXIX
wow everyone jumped on this and gave some information...im pretty impressed with that!
XIXICEMANXIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 08:17 PM   #16
SPDu4ea

My Ride: .
I think all the vendors listed above offer a quality product. However, as much as I like HPF, I have to say that any vendor that races their kit out of the box in the One Lap of America, and not only survives, but wins -- gets my vote for reliability/durability... AA ftw
SPDu4ea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 10:14 AM   #17
GodSendsDeath

My Ride: 2008 350z 6-speed!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPDu4ea View Post
I think all the vendors listed above offer a quality product. However, as much as I like HPF, I have to say that any vendor that races their kit out of the box in the One Lap of America, and not only survives, but wins -- gets my vote for reliability/durability... AA ftw

can't disagree on that lol and here I was trying to stir **** up lol.
Old 09-06-2008, 06:23 PM   #18
M3RALPH

My Ride: estoril M3
Send a message via AIM to M3RALPH
Active all the way i love my kit and extremely reliable.
Old 09-08-2008, 09:59 AM   #19
Jean@ActiveAutowerke
Genius

My Ride: Super/Turbochargers
Send a message via AIM to Jean@ActiveAutowerke Send a message via MSN to Jean@ActiveAutowerke
Thank you for the kind comments. We really appreciate it and it shows our hard work did not go to waste.
Jean@ActiveAutowerke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 10:08 AM   #20
TxZHP04

My Ride: ESS TS2+ ZHP
I for one must say that it's very refreshing to have a number of vendors contributing to a thread here who have managed to focus their contributions around their own product offerings without bashing competing vendors or taking them to task over kit details or marketing claims.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Last edited by TxZHP04; 09-08-2008 at 10:14 AM.
TxZHP04 is offline   Reply With Quote