E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > General E46 Forum

General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-14-2002, 07:42 PM   #1
Dinan3XI
Boy Racer

My Ride: 996 GT3
Send a message via AIM to Dinan3XI
Just got back from the Track, Little review....

Well I did another racing school today at Road America in Elkart Lake Wis. Road America for those of you who don't know is a 4 mile road course with 14 turns. I got there and they placed me in Class C because I have done a couple racing days there before. I took one look at my class and was like I will never keep up with any of them. There were tons of C5's a couple Z06's, a 993TT, my dads 993RS, an E46 M3, and a few other nice sports cars. Well my little 325XI did really well, much to my surprise. I was running Kuhmo R compound tires and Pagid Blue brake pads(which are now 75% gone) and the car seemed to brake really well and sit really balanced. It was a lot more forgiving then any of the rwd cars I have driven on the track, I had a lot more room for error but this isn't always a good thing because I can't get used to it. Anyways I was holding off most the C5's minus one Z06 and held off the porsches through corners and the "carosuel" but as soon as we got to the straights I was smoked. It mostly came down to driving and I was out driving most the guys with the exception of the 911's and one Z06. Everyone was shocked that I could keep up in a little 2.5 liter bmw. I learned today that our cars have a lot more potential then we give them, we can do some amazing things in them. The day as a whole went really well, Track Time Racing School runs a great, organized event. There was only one mishap where a 944 Turbo in my class spun out and did some heavy damage to his car. Other than that the day went well and the car was awesome, now all I need is some more hp and bigger brakes!!
Dinan3XI is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 05-14-2002, 08:01 PM   #2
valerie
M-Tech Originator

My Ride: BMWs
Smile sounds great!

souds like a great time - thanks for sharing your experience, I know our cars have more to them then people might think

now if only I could get my husband ot let me track.... oh well, guess I should just convince him that I should use the saved $$ on mods

valerie is offline   Reply With Quote