E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Suspension & Braking Forum by BimmerWorld

Suspension & Braking Forum by BimmerWorld
Have some questions about suspension or brake setups for your E46 BMW? Get all your answers here!
Sponsored by BimmerWorld

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 08-14-2008, 09:00 PM   #1
bpl09

My Ride: 1999 323i Sport Pack
1999 323i Sport pkg + CSL Front V2 + H&R Race springs = too much scraping?

CSL Bumper on the way, time to order springs. Will race springs drive me crazy? Will I have to take EVERY speed bump slow and at an angle? Just wondering how bad it is.

Would the sports even look right with the csl bumper?

ps- yes, tried many searches
bpl09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 08-15-2008, 01:34 PM   #2
LKNGOOD

My Ride: 2007 BMW 335i
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpl09 View Post
CSL Bumper on the way, time to order springs. Will race springs drive me crazy? Will I have to take EVERY speed bump slow and at an angle? Just wondering how bad it is.

Would the sports even look right with the csl bumper?

ps- yes, tried many searches
I have the CSL-V2 with H&R Racing Springs and 18" on my 03 330i with Sport Package.

Looks and ride nice - speed bumps are ok - just take it easy and pay attention - go at an angle if you want too but it's not needed.

I have a 1 finger gap in the rear and 1/2 finger gap up front. I can still take it to some of the full service car wash if needed. I have about 1/2"-3/4" clearance.

* 2007 BMW 335i - 6sp/manual
LKNGOOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 01:37 PM   #3
simsima325
'a certain moderator'

My Ride: Honda Civic
you are supposed to slow down for speedbumps anyway

i'd get a matched spring and shock setup at the very least, like an H&R Cupkit... your shocks, unless you have done suspension replacement already, are 9 years old! the ride would certainly not be that great, and your shocks are really already on the end of their lives.

just food for thought.
Old 08-15-2008, 06:08 PM   #4
Activ3

My Ride: gets DRIVEN.
Send a message via AIM to Activ3
It depends on what size wheels you have... But as with any dropped car, you need to take caution on all speed bumps.

Activ3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 11:39 AM   #5
Arrows

My Ride: 2000 323i.
Send a message via AIM to Arrows Send a message via MSN to Arrows
Quote:
Originally Posted by Activ3 View Post
It depends on what size wheels you have... But as with any dropped car, you need to take caution on all speed bumps.
Exactly. Even with race springs, not all speed bumps need to be taken at an angle. Once you get used to how much clearance you have, it's a breeze.
Old 08-19-2008, 12:00 PM   #6
Tom5933
<3s Euro-Spec

My Ride: 2003 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by LKNGOOD View Post
I have the CSL-V2 with H&R Racing Springs and 18" on my 03 330i with Sport Package.

Looks and ride nice - speed bumps are ok - just take it easy and pay attention - go at an angle if you want too but it's not needed.

I have a 1 finger gap in the rear and 1/2 finger gap up front. I can still take it to some of the full service car wash if needed. I have about 1/2"-3/4" clearance.
Can you post pictures of your car with the H&R Race? Thanks a lot
Old 08-24-2008, 05:30 AM   #7
shointake

My Ride: 2001 e46 330i
I just ordered some Lowering springs for my 01 330i with sport package..

some HP design Lowering springs.. from the makers of HP design racing Rims.. I think its a New Line of product.. im gonna do the 411 test and Post on my car.. and let everyone know.. how they feel and drive with on OEM SPORT Package Shocks.. How long they will last and all.. * im gonna upgrade to some aftermarket tuning shocks after they Blow *

the drop on minez is 2 in the front and 1.4 in the rear.. should be here NExt week, Ill post Before and After Pictures for everyone and a Steady update on how the springs ride.. comfortability, stability.. life expectency.. everything..

Feelz good Helping out fellow BMW owners.. since u dont really get that kind of support in the Import world.. everyone is a Bunch of DIcks.. ROck on BMW Owners!
shointake is offline   Reply With Quote