E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke

Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke
Discuss supercharging, turbocharging and even nitrous and water injection here.
Sponsored by Active Autowerke

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-23-2008, 09:15 AM   #1
lilbusa600
Donkey Kong Racing

My Ride: needs a new heart
Send a message via Yahoo to lilbusa600 Send a message via Skype™ to lilbusa600
Clutch related question

I've had an issue with my clutch where it feels like it is not getting enough fluid. It used to feel worse until I got a SS clutch line, but now it is manageable. I was wondering if anyone has any ideas as to what it can be, because in my opinion it is too easy to burn the clutch. I thought that it may have been due to a CDV, but when I looked down there I never saw one. Thanks in advance.

UUC Lightweight Flywheel, UUC SSK & DSSR, UUC Anti-Swaybars, and Supersport Coilovers + ME = Fun FTMFW!!!
Euro-Spec front and rear M3 bumpers

Myspace
Facebook
Cardomain

lilbusa600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 09-24-2008, 12:14 AM   #2
AntB

My Ride: MTA :(
Did this problem happen right after installation or did it gradually get worse? Add more conditions.
Old 09-24-2008, 03:37 AM   #3
lilbusa600
Donkey Kong Racing

Well, it always felt like that with the oem clutch and flywheel. Let's hypothetically say that I rev the engine between 2,000 - 3,000 rpms, and come completely off of the clutch. What happens next is the clutch will make a noise similar to a straight cut gear transmission slowing down rapidly, followed by the smell of burnt clutch.

When I got my UUC lightweight flywheel and clutch combo the problem was even more apparent, but worse. During normal driving and normal engagement the clutch always felt like it was slipping. So I took it to an Indy mechanic three days after the install, and he said that my clutch is worn out and needs to be replace. I told him it must be something else because the clutch is brand new. A friend told me to get a Stainless Steel clutch line, which I did and it helped dramatically. Now, it engages just like and still gives me the same original issues that the oem clutch and flywheel did.

One last example is: If I'm on an incline hill and give it a little more gas than normal (not much just a 2-300 more rpms) then the clutch feels like it is slipping and makes the noise I mentioned previously.

UUC Lightweight Flywheel, UUC SSK & DSSR, UUC Anti-Swaybars, and Supersport Coilovers + ME = Fun FTMFW!!!

Myspace
Facebook
Cardomain

Old 09-25-2008, 01:14 AM   #4
lilbusa600
Donkey Kong Racing

Post number 3 in this thread, http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=609776 , is an accurate description of how I feel.

Myspace
Facebook
Cardomain