E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Other BMW Models > General BMW Model Discussion

General BMW Model Discussion
All non E46 BMW model questions in here. Look below for E36, E90 and F30 specific forum. For additional model specific forums check out bimmerfest.com!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-28-2008, 10:10 AM   #21
OptimusPrime

My Ride: Black-on-Black 04ci
make your own csl... isn't that the fun of modding... who cares if bmw isn't coming out with a stock one... 90% of the people on this forum wouldn't buy one anyone because of the exorbitant cost... otherwise why does everyone mod there stock m3 to be like a csl m3 for a much lower cost?
Old 08-28-2008, 10:12 AM   #22
2000_328CI
DK Jack Sparrow

My Ride: 328Ci | Range Rover
Send a message via AIM to 2000_328CI Send a message via MSN to 2000_328CI
booo

Everything you need to know on muffler deletes : http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=745244
Wrapping an E46 in Vinyl : http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...ghlight=bronze
2000_328CI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 11:34 AM   #23
obscene

My Ride: 2002 330ci se
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwm5 View Post
BMW claimed they would never make a z4 coupe after the z3 and they made it. it is still early in the e9x M3 cycle who knows what they will do in a few years
With any luck they'll build a car which actually looks as good if not better than the E46

That's probably when we will see another CSL, when they make a new good looking car!
obscene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 11:42 AM   #24
jenewein

My Ride: 323i
"We're not gonna make a sports car 'cause we need to focus on SUVs right now."
-M Division

I HATE BMW right now.
Old 08-28-2008, 12:15 PM   #25
Active Autowerke II
Past Site Sponsor

My Ride: BMWs
Send a message via AIM to Active Autowerke II
Quote:
Originally Posted by VillanovaGrad View Post
how are they making such huge mistakes when cayenne turbos sell awesomely and so are cayenne S and the new GTS is expected to sell well again.... you have no idea how many cayenne S's and turbos are running around in my neighborhood, obviously a high performance SUV is required to get some of that market share

also bmw knows that their best high performance car will never be as good as a porsche GT3 anyway so they will always be 2nd... why try for 2nd? <-- quoted from topgear's final verdict on the CSL that bmw's best not as good as porsche's best

bmw supercar? look at the competition? how can you make it competitive when ferrari is light years ahead of all the technology and advancements?
you cant make it competitive unless you mark it up ridiculously for the R&D you will pay... and why should anyone buy a bmw supercar when there are lambos and ascari's and koenigseggs? just look at how many people bought the M6, thats priced at $$$100k, and how did it sell? sh!tty

bmw is doing their best holding their market share as a performance luxury company and thats what they do best... selling entry/mid level executive cruisers and M3 M5 models..
The bean counters always win. Markets like the Middle East and Russia have an appetite for high performance SUVs and over the top vehicles that few of us will ever have. Take this into consideration, BMW unlike many other manufactures only has three SUVs in their line up. CAFE compliance for BMW is tougher than most, so added SUVs makes their MPG requirement across the board a little easier to cope with.
Active Autowerke II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 12:20 PM   #26
///Moose

My Ride: V-Dub VR6
awww... thats sad
Old 08-28-2008, 12:47 PM   #27
Mo_Zhp

My Ride: Sedan E30 m20b25
Send a message via AIM to Mo_Zhp
Quote:
Originally Posted by simsima325 View Post
meh
+1

"Any BMW I'll ever own has already been built."
Mo_Zhp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 01:10 AM   #28
Steve@ASPTuning
ASPTuning

My Ride: 01' 320i
I like OptimusPrime's idea!

Let make our own! lol lol take a the new M3 put a CF roof and mod the body alittle to be wider and drop a bad ass turboed M3 engine or twin turbo it hehehe

Kirk! Any ideas? Maybe I'll have to go down to the states and pick up a 07 M3 and bring it over to you guys to mod the engine.

Steve
ASPTuning
Steve@ASPTuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 06:25 AM   #29
Reedo302

My Ride: F30 328i M Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve@ASPTuning View Post

Let make our own! lol lol take a the new M3 put a CF roof and mod the body alittle to be wider and drop a bad ass turboed M3 engine or twin turbo it hehehe

Kirk! Any ideas? Maybe I'll have to go down to the states and pick up a 07 M3 and bring it over to you guys to mod the engine.

Steve
ASPTuning
Dinan 523hp Stroker Kit. Coming Soon to the M3!
NA =

(FI = too, but I like NA a lot for the M3)

Gunfighter Training Development and Evaluation
AR15/AR10 Armorer/Advanced Armorer
Glock Armorer

Gunfighter Training YouTube Channel
Reedo302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 06:26 AM   #30
Reedo302

My Ride: F30 328i M Sport
Quote:

Steve
ASPTuning
Dinan 520hp Stroker Kit. Coming Soon to the M3!
NA =

Gunfighter Training Development and Evaluation
AR15/AR10 Armorer/Advanced Armorer
Glock Armorer

Gunfighter Training YouTube Channel
Reedo302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 08:36 AM   #31
VillanovaGrad

My Ride: M3 M5 X3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reedo302 View Post
Dinan 520hp Stroker Kit. Coming Soon to the M3!
NA =

CSL isnt about power...
its about carbon fiber parts to shave weight and additions of handling upgrades along with brakes...

gawd, people these days only care about power
VillanovaGrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 09:00 AM   #32
Rayce185
Modifiziertes ///Mitglied

There's at least as much rumor about the E92 CSL as there was about the M3.

|

dun dun duuuunnnn
Rayce185 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 09:30 AM   #33
Active Autowerke II
Past Site Sponsor

My Ride: BMWs
Send a message via AIM to Active Autowerke II
Quote:

Steve
ASPTuning
We have a few things lurking around the corner...
Active Autowerke II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 12:20 PM   #34
rocks
Likes Supermodels

My Ride: Psychedelic Machine
Unhappy

The M division have their priorities screwed up, it's pointless adding M versions of the X-series. I guess it's a minivan next for them......slowly losing interest in this marque, they're selling out....
Mods: BBS LM's | Matte black kidney | UUC TSE3 Light | UUC V2 Springs | UUC 5sp pedal set | OEM Mtech II kit | Oem Bi - xenon retrofit | OEM M3 mirrors retrofit | OEM Euro tray| OEM 5sp weighted shift knob | Homelink |OEM Alarm | Sharpie mod | UED 5K hid fogs| GC RSM | Hardwired V1 Euro |
rocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 04:03 PM   #35
SMS

My Ride: individual
what a load of crap...
i certainly hope they are talking sh*t and launch one anyways
SMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 05:56 PM   #36
///OSS

My Ride: "The.. 325CI"
Send a message via AIM to ///OSS Send a message via MSN to ///OSS
ehh when they get back to their senses and start designing german looking cars again and toss that whole stupid crew thats in there right now, making weird ugly cars, their numbers will rise and people will fall in love at first sight again... only then they will have that magic again and get those sales cranking....

only then there will be an interest big enough to make a machine that celebrates the M3 to an even bigger level for a crazy amount of cash....but that's also the problem... their going to be forced to drop their pants on the current series... US economy is sh it and they do depend on US sales one way or another and 70k to 100k cars are not flying off the shelves people...lol
///OSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 10:16 PM   #37
Mo_Zhp

My Ride: Sedan E30 m20b25
Send a message via AIM to Mo_Zhp
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///oss View Post
ehh when they get back to their senses and start designing german looking cars again and toss that whole stupid crew thats in there right now, making weird ugly cars, their numbers will rise and people will fall in love at first sight again... Only then they will have that magic again and get those sales cranking....

Only then there will be an interest big enough to make a machine that celebrates the m3 to an even bigger level for a crazy amount of cash....but that's also the problem... Their going to be forced to drop their pants on the current series... Us economy is sh it and they do depend on us sales one way or another and 70k to 100k cars are not flying off the shelves people...lol
+1

"Any BMW I'll ever own has already been built."
Mo_Zhp is offline   Reply With Quote