E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Sports Central

Sports Central
NHL, NBA, NFL, MLB, CFL, NLL, Olympics etc.....

Old 10-21-2009, 10:19 AM   #261
ghorn

My Ride: 330ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaHooch View Post
Quote:
Indeed, this entire Zorn episode, which has been a monkey-fuking-a-football disaster since it began less than two years ago, is indicative of just how amateurish Dan Snyder can be, and just brutal it's gotten in DC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000_328CI View Post
Doing drugs and having sex... oh wow big deal. Well it is actually a HUGE deal.

Last edited by ghorn; 10-21-2009 at 10:22 AM.
ghorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 10:43 AM   #262
dniper71

My Ride: A car
Quote:

Redskins Hold Press Conference To Announce They Are Still Sort Of A Football Team

WASHINGTON-Washington Redskins head coach Jim Zorn held a press conference Sunday to reassure fans that, despite an inability to effectively execute their offense, defense, or special teams, the Redskins were still somewhat comparable to a real football team. "It's been a tough season so far, and even though we are 2-4, we still have players, uniforms, Motorola headsets-all the components that technically constitute an NFL team, sort of," Zorn said while grimacing and making a "so-so" gesture with his hand. "Sure, I was stripped of play-calling responsibilities by team management, and I really don't have any clue who will play quarterback for us this Sunday, but I swear to you, in a weird, very convoluted way, we are in the NFL." Placing his hand over the microphone, Zorn then spoke briefly with an unidentified man near the stage, and announced that, for what it's worth, the organization owns the Internet domain name washingtonredskins.com through 2010.
http://www.theonion.com/content/news...ost_pop_recent

Old 10-21-2009, 11:25 AM   #263
ghorn

Quote:
"but I swear to you, in a weird, very convoluted way, we are in the NFL"

awesome

Quote:
Old 10-26-2009, 07:35 PM   #264
blownE30M3

My Ride: 2004 JB M3
Send a message via AIM to blownE30M3
Good luck tonight guys, you're gonna need it.

Home Automation and A/V Programming
http://www.xsdesignstudios.com
blownE30M3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 08:44 PM   #265
Dinan e36

My Ride: LEXUS IS350
Send a message via AIM to Dinan e36
lets go skins i got +9 on them tonight!
Old 10-26-2009, 08:58 PM   #266
blownE30M3

My Ride: 2004 JB M3
Send a message via AIM to blownE30M3
lol, did anyone catch this guy?

Home Automation and A/V Programming
http://www.xsdesignstudios.com
blownE30M3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 10:37 PM   #267
Adam@Euro-Spec
Sponsor

My Ride: is slowww
Send a message via AIM to Adam@Euro-Spec
that was a sick duck by campbell, he almost got his head knocked off ha.
Adam@Euro-Spec is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 08:26 AM   #268
joeski3d

My Ride: 2000 323i
Quote:
Originally Posted by blownE30M3 View Post
lol, did anyone catch this guy?

Ballbusters Inc.

DISCLAIMER: No balls were physically hurt during the reading of this post. Should redness and/or swelling occur consult your gynecologist immediately.
joeski3d is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 09:18 AM   #269
krueges3

My Ride: 02 330xi
that is awesome, the face of the franchise right there.
krueges3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 11:58 AM   #270
ThaHooch

My Ride: e46
We're not losing today

** Political sig removed **
ThaHooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 09:38 AM   #271
ghorn

Quote:
We're not losing today
+1
I'll take the bye as a win at this point

Quote:
Old 11-02-2009, 03:11 PM   #272
ghorn

FINALLY! Not that Hall will be Hester or anything, but Randle El should've been taken off punt return duties LAST YEAR.

Quote:
Redskins promote Hall, demote Randle El
Jason Reid
Monday, Nov 2, 2009

The Redskins plan to make a major change on special teams for their upcoming game against the Atlanta Falcons, demoting punt returner Antwaan Randle El and elevating DeAngelo Hall to the primary role, a league source said today.

Danny Smith, special teams coordinator, will focus this week on helping Hall prepare to handle the majority of returns in Sunday's game at the Georgia Dome, and Santana Moss also is expected to continue as a change-of-pace returner. Although the Redskins still plan to have Randle El involved in the return game in a reduced role, they need more production out of the position and believe Hall is their best option.

When asked about the move after practice at Redskins Park, Coach Jim Zorn stressed he has not made a final decision but acknowledged Hall would be involved in a potential change. "One of the things that's going to happen is we're going to get another guy involved in punt returning and that's going to be DeAngelo," Zorn said. "We're going to try to get him more and more reps. I've been trying to get Santana at least a couple of punt returns a game and I'm going to continue that. You're still going to see Antwaan out there but it'll be a little more flipped as far as the involvement. You're going to see more and more" of Hall.

Washington's top corner, Hall hasn't returned a punt since 2007, his final season with the Atlanta Falcons. He was used a change-of-pace returner - similar to how the Redskins use Moss - and fielded five punts for 41 yards that year. His longest return was 16 yards.

The only other season he returned punts was 2005, when he fielded eight punts for 82 yards. His longest was a 27-yard return. In his 13 career returns, he has three fair catches, two fumbles and an average return of 9.5 yards.

The last time Hall was regularly returning punts was in college, during his final two seasons at Virginia Tech. He returned 53 punts during his three-year career as a Hokie, averaging 14.8 yards and returning four punts for touchdowns.

"As Danny and I work through this week, this is a big week for us to evaluate DeAngelo," said Zorn, who as of Monday's practice had not informed the players of the planned move. "This is something that we've been trying to work in."

Whatever the team needs from him is fine, Hall said. "It's cool. I don't mind" returning punts, said Hall, who was back on one punt in the last game against the Philadelphia Eagles but didn't have the opportunity for a return.

Hall has practiced returning punts regularly every year as a pro. "This is a different league. This ain't college," he said. "But at the same time, I do feel like I'm pretty good at it."

In Randle El's final year in Pittsburgh, 2005, he averaged 10.2 yards per return. In his first year in Washington, that number dropped to 8.8 yards. In 2007, it was 6.1, and in 2008, it was 6.5. And this year: 5.2 yards on his 11 returns, which does not count his 11 fair catches or his two fumbles.

Coaches acknowledge that too often, Randle El begins a return by running laterally. "He wants to run north-south," Zorn said recently. At 30, he is no longer the explosive return man the Redskins brought in from Pittsburgh. His last return of more than 40 yards came in 2006, and he has only two returns of more than 20 yards in the past two seasons. Of players with at least seven punt returns on the season - or one per week -Randle El's 5.2-yard average per return ranks 25th in the league.

Adding to the ineffectiveness: Randle El has 11 fair catches. Only one player, Jim Leonhard of the New York Jets, has more with 12.

On Oct. 11, a 20-17 loss to the Carolina Panthers turned on a Panthers punt with 10 minutes remaining and the Redskins holding a 17-12 lead. Randle El came up to catch the punt just over the Washington 20-yard line, but a Carolina player blocked Redskins cornerback Byron Westbrook into Randle El, who couldn't hold onto the ball. The Panthers recovered and scored the go-ahead touchdown moments later.

In the 27-17 loss to Philadelphia in Week 7, the Redskins pulled within 17-7 with six minutes left in the second quarter, and had a chance to draw closer, but Randle El muffed another punt. The Eagles recovered at the Washington 25, kicked a field goal, and ended up with a 27-7 lead at halftime.

The Redskins turn to Moss when they're seeking a spark in the return game, but the team's No. 1 wideout is so important to the offense "it's hard to put Santana out there every down and let him get knocked" around, Zorn said. "If we don't have him out there on offense ... we just can't risk that.

"It's a feel for me and it's a commitment for myself to make sure we have ourselves a chance. And I love Antwaan Randle El. I really do. But he has ... he's dropped a couple. And it's not that I don't have confidence. In fact, I'd out him out there today if I felt it was the right situation."

Quote:
Old 11-02-2009, 11:52 PM   #273
ThaHooch

^ about time...

However, I disagree with Zorn on not wanting to put Moss out there more, because they can't afford to lose Hall any more than Moss.

Old 11-03-2009, 12:02 AM   #274
ThaHooch

Old 11-03-2009, 09:51 AM   #275
ghorn

^

Quote:
Old 11-05-2009, 11:33 AM   #276
ghorn

Quote:
^ about time...

However, I disagree with Zorn on not wanting to put Moss out there more, because they can't afford to lose Hall any more than Moss.
Jezus. Now I'm hearing that Randle El will STILL be returning kicks, w/Hall coming in here and there. Sounds El went to Zorn to complain.

Quote:
Old 11-06-2009, 10:33 AM   #277
ghorn

If you get Showtime (or you might be able to find it online) you have to watch Riggo on Inside the NFL. Dude RIPS Snyder.

Quote:
Old 11-07-2009, 12:23 PM   #278
ThaHooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghorn View Post
Jezus. Now I'm hearing that Randle El will STILL be returning kicks, w/Hall coming in here and there. Sounds El went to Zorn to complain.
Wonder if Hall miffed a few in practice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghorn View Post
If you get Showtime (or you might be able to find it online) you have to watch Riggo on Inside the NFL. Dude RIPS Snyder.
I heard parts of it...he was ruthless.

EDIT: Here's Riggins' quotes from the interview. He's not very coherent...

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/dcs...iel_snyde.html

Last edited by ThaHooch; 11-07-2009 at 02:03 PM.
Old 11-07-2009, 09:50 PM   #279
ghorn

Quote:
Wonder if Hall miffed a few in practice?

I heard parts of it...he was ruthless.

EDIT: Here's Riggins' quotes from the interview. He's not very coherent...

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/dcs...iel_snyde.html
That's Riggo for ya

Quote:
Old 11-08-2009, 01:48 PM   #280
ThaHooch

link to the game if you want to witness an abortion: http://atdhe.net/8403/watch-washingt...tlanta-falcons