E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke

Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke
Discuss supercharging, turbocharging and even nitrous and water injection here.
Sponsored by Active Autowerke

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-01-2008, 06:47 PM   #1
bitsnbytes

My Ride: 2003.5 M3
VF Stg 2- Help me with my setup!

Hey Guys,

I would appreciate any help I can get. I pulled the trigger on the VF Stage 2 and was hoping to get some suggestions on my setup. My area of concern are the following:

1. I just put on an El Diablo exhaust (non race). How much do you estimate this will hinder any performance gains if at all?
2. I have after market UUC under drive pullies. Will this be okay with the VF Stage 2 setup or should I go back to stock?
3. Will ebay headers work? The price is very tempting and I've read all the posts dealing with these but will it hold up in a F/I car?
4. Which high flow cats are you using?
5. Is there anything else you recommend me to change out with this install? I have just shy of 60,000 miles on my 2003.5 M3.
6. What type of gauges are you guys running with? Can you provide pics and links to where you purchased them?

Thanks again guys for your input. I'm totally stoked on this purchase and have been going back and forth on either VF or HPF but I'm sure I chose the right kit.
bitsnbytes is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 09-01-2008, 07:59 PM   #2
Orange fever

My Ride: M3E90/M3E46/
i have this :

Jet Hot Headers,
RE El Track Edition Exhaust,
Raceflow x-pips,
Raceflow cats,

M3 E46 VFE Stg.3/ M3 E90 SC VF620 ///
EAS /// Radenergie /// STM /// VF-Engineering /// Vorsteiner ///
Maintenance/Modings/Detail : SouthBay Autohaus /// Candccollision /// Promobileautodetail
March issue of Eurotuner :
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=651379
Orange fever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 10:18 AM   #3
docwyte

My Ride: '89 944 Turbo
Go back to the stock pullies, don't run underpullies with the VF kit.

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/signaturepics/sigpic14767_1.gif
docwyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 01:29 PM   #4
Sean@VF-Engineering
Past Site Sponsor

pulley

We do not reccomend aftermarket pullies as it makes it very difficult to source the correct serpentine belt for our system when pulley sizes are changed.
-Sean
Sean@VF-Engineering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 12:49 PM   #5
bitsnbytes

My Ride: 2003.5 M3
Thanks guys for all the responses. The reason I posted this- I just wanted to get everyone's opinion on the items above. I have addressed VF on all of my concerns and their response was:

1. Exhaust shouldn't effect performance numbers.
2. I should place stock under drive pullies? (see comment above)
3. Ebay headers should work fine- many members are running with this and have shown no issues.
4. Random Technology cats found here: http://www.namotorwerks.com/products...hp/II=424/PA=0
5. Clutch should be the only thing I should consider changing with the 60K miles on the clock
6. No gauges are necessary

I wanted to throw this out to the F/I M3 community to see what their personal experiences were and what their recommendations are. Thanks again!
bitsnbytes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 05:45 PM   #6
Sean@VF-Engineering
Past Site Sponsor

Here we have a bunch of kits leaving to customers today!

One special set of boxes going out to DC @ Dyno Spot for an expert install on Patrick's car.
Hopefully we will get install pics and a play by play write up once installed right Patrick???

Here is your M3's new shoes:
Sean@VF-Engineering is offline   Reply With Quote