E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Driveline, Engine & DME Tuning

Driveline, Engine & DME Tuning
Talk about driveline improvements, NA tuning and DME tuning your E46 BMW here. This includes diffs, intakes, exhausts, chips, software and OBD tuning.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-02-2008, 03:28 AM   #1
dido

My Ride: E46 318i 2004
Exclamation Engine or fuel problem!!?

Engine or fuel system problem?

Hi all,
Recently I am starting facing a problem and it is really annoying me a lot!
During daily driving my car, and through straight way the car amazing and smoothly running but when I turn right or left and during while am still inside the turn and hit the accelerator pedal the car not response and I feel its not breathing…some kind of something hold the car!! But when its become straight I feel of the acceleration!!
In the beginning I felt the fuel filter should be replaced but the dealer said its ok and no need of replacement, but the problem still there and im fed up with the dealer coz he didn’t solve it after I send the car three times!!!
Im thinking of one of the following reasons:
- Fuel pump.
- Fuel filter.
- Or some kind of sensor?

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 09-02-2008, 07:34 AM   #2
PEI330Ci
58mm of Bliss

My Ride: 330i, 330Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by dido View Post
Engine or fuel system problem?

Hi all,
Recently I am starting facing a problem and it is really annoying me a lot!
During daily driving my car, and through straight way the car amazing and smoothly running but when I turn right or left and during while am still inside the turn and hit the accelerator pedal the car not response and I feel its not breathing…some kind of something hold the car!! But when its become straight I feel of the acceleration!!
In the beginning I felt the fuel filter should be replaced but the dealer said its ok and no need of replacement, but the problem still there and im fed up with the dealer coz he didn’t solve it after I send the car three times!!!
Im thinking of one of the following reasons:
- Fuel pump.
- Fuel filter.
- Or some kind of sensor?
Sounds like the stability control system. What exactly are you trying to do, drift?

Turn DSC off and see if that helps.
PEI330Ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 09:30 AM   #3
KriTiKaL AspecT

My Ride: 2001 AW 330Ci
Yea man your car is saying "Holy shit your trying to kill me, I must take control and slow your roll!".

I'm not sure you should be trying to drift and stuff if you don't even know about DSC.

But if you do.... then its probably due to there being less than a 1/2 tank of fuel. This usually happens in long rt handed sweepers. And could be a problem with the fuel siphon.

Headers - KW V2 - Hotchkis Sways - 55w 6000k HID - 35w 6000k HID fogs
EVO 3 SSK mit ein DSSR - EE Tails - Meyle LCA, FCAB, & RTAB w/ Rogue Limiters - M3 Mounts ....

-Paul   BSME           
ASME & SAE Member

KriTiKaL AspecT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 09:46 AM   #4
TKC

My Ride: 330cic & R6
Send a message via AIM to TKC
Could actually be a couple of things.

One is as mentioned above, the traction control kicking in when it feels your car slip. Do you see a flashing yellow symbol on your dash when this happens?

The other issue is fuel starvation. If your fuel tank is on the lower half and you take a very long sweeping turn/on ramp/off ramp and all the gas sloshes to one side of your tank, the sender can't pick up fuel so you're applying throttle but not getting gas. There is a piece they sell that goes in your tank to help with this.
Old 09-03-2008, 06:14 AM   #5
dido

guys...
i think no one understand wht im talking......!!!
i know whts mean of drift guys! and im not trying to let my car say holy shit u r trying to kill me!!!! and ofcourse i know DSC flashing light on the dashboard!!
i face this problem while im in 40 or 60 Km/hr!! i felt the fuel pump not working properly. if any one know y this happening to me plz advise me.
Old 09-03-2008, 10:19 AM   #6
TKC

Quote:
Originally Posted by dido View Post
guys...
i think no one understand wht im talking......!!!
i know whts mean of drift guys! and im not trying to let my car say holy shit u r trying to kill me!!!! and ofcourse i know DSC flashing light on the dashboard!!
i face this problem while im in 40 or 60 Km/hr!! i felt the fuel pump not working properly. if any one know y this happening to me plz advise me.
What about when we mentioned this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKC View Post
The other issue is fuel starvation. If your fuel tank is on the lower half and you take a very long sweeping turn/on ramp/off ramp and all the gas sloshes to one side of your tank, the sender can't pick up fuel so you're applying throttle but not getting gas. There is a piece they sell that goes in your tank to help with this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KriTiKaL AspecT View Post
But if you do.... then its probably due to there being less than a 1/2 tank of fuel. This usually happens in long rt handed sweepers. And could be a problem with the fuel siphon.
Old 09-04-2008, 03:32 AM   #7
dido

thanx TKC for helping but unfortunately i face this problem even while the fuel tank full!!
realy im exhausted from the dealer here..im thinking to instruct them to replace the fuel filter and check the fuel pump or some electrical devises which related to the fuel system.
Old 09-04-2008, 10:13 AM   #8
TKC

Stange! Well sorry we couldn't help, but keep us informed as to what happened. Good luck to you.

OH, I know it's simple and you've most likely done this already, but just double check and make sure nothing is loose under the hood? Like if you have an intake, make sure the MAF and the elbow and everything is secure. Maybe there's a chance it looks connected, but when you turn the tube is actually loose and comes off when you're moving a lot?

Just a chance.

Good luck
Old 09-04-2008, 03:01 PM   #9
KriTiKaL AspecT

My Ride: 2001 AW 330Ci
If your car can run to the red line going in a straight without starvation your getting enough fuel / your filter cannot be clogged.
This says your pump is fine.

Am I correct, your car runs fine in the straight?

I understand how this problem can be troubling. And AFIK I've never herd of such a thing.

Headers - KW V2 - Hotchkis Sways - 55w 6000k HID - 35w 6000k HID fogs
EVO 3 SSK mit ein DSSR - EE Tails - Meyle LCA, FCAB, & RTAB w/ Rogue Limiters - M3 Mounts ....

-Paul   BSME           
ASME & SAE Member

KriTiKaL AspecT is offline   Reply With Quote