E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Suspension & Braking

Suspension & Braking
Have some questions about suspension or brake setups for your E46 BMW? Get all your answers here!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-02-2008, 07:54 PM   #1
sammyboy

My Ride: 2003 330Ci
problem with my suspension?

hey everyone,

i was wondering if i could get some help diagnosing a problem ive been having with my car the last month or two. lately, it seems that ride has gotten extremely harsh and bumpy from what i remember. so much so that i can feel every single bump on the road as if i dont have any shocks at all.

ive done a little research and will be checking the condition of my control arm ball joints, since my steering does feel a bit mushy from before. i used to take corners pretty hard (who doesnt!), but have lost confidence in my cars steering ability.

my car is a 2003 330ci with 83K miles and i'm wondering if i also need to look into replacing my shocks? i havent been able to find much info on shock lifetime and am hopeing someone can help me with a little wisdom.

if someone could recommend a good shop in the westwood california area that would be great too since i've recently moved to the west side.

thanks in advance!
sam
sammyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 09-03-2008, 09:00 AM   #2
shady3one3
Banned

My Ride: gets replaced soon.
Send a message via AIM to shady3one3
Yeah, shocks starts to go bad around 60k.
shady3one3 is offline   Reply With Quote