E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Sports Central

Sports Central
NHL, NBA, NFL, MLB, CFL, NLL, Olympics etc.....

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-12-2011, 11:02 PM   #161
KeegMac5621

My Ride: is rollin on BBS's
Tough call, once again you cant bank on a return from cobb but D. Jackson isnt going to put up points either. I would choose Cobb because he has rodgers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djnekkon View Post
This site is full of douchebags. Go to e46getalife.com
KeegMac5621 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 10:09 AM   #162
ghorn

My Ride: 330ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeegMac5621 View Post
Tough call, once again you cant bank on a return from cobb but D. Jackson isnt going to put up points either. I would choose Cobb because he has rodgers.
I think I agree with you. I have Rodgers, so I'd be doubling down on the Packers offense. But it's hard to sit Jackson.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000_328CI View Post
Doing drugs and having sex... oh wow big deal. Well it is actually a HUGE deal.
ghorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 12:57 AM   #163
dniper71

My Ride: A car
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghorn View Post
Jackson hooked me up with a TD. Now...

D. Jackson v NYJ
Julio Jones v. JAX
Santonio Holmes v. PHI
Tough to not go with Jones considering his production lately. Although, I could see D. Jackson having a really solid remainder of the season due to his contract and mediocre season thus far..... he has all the incentive in the world to try and tear it up for the rest of the season and try to get that contract so thats a tough call. Never trust Sanchez regardless of the situation so Holmes is always out. But he is getting Revis so its a tough call.

I'm thinking of getting cute this upcoming week.... this has backfired in the past but I'm temped..... was thinking of sitting Mike Wallace (VS 49ers this week with Roesthlisberger probably playing at less then 100%) and playing CJ Spiller VS MIA instead. I know you gotta play your starters almost blind sometimes but this week I'm having some doubts....

Last edited by dniper71; 12-14-2011 at 12:58 AM.
dniper71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 10:58 AM   #164
ghorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by dniper71 View Post
I'm thinking of getting cute this upcoming week.... this has backfired in the past but I'm temped..... was thinking of sitting Mike Wallace (VS 49ers this week with Roesthlisberger probably playing at less then 100%) and playing CJ Spiller VS MIA instead. I know you gotta play your starters almost blind sometimes but this week I'm having some doubts....
That would be a ballsy call. Do it! Could totally bite you in the ass, but I think Spiller will obviously get more touches than Wallace. And Miami blows. What you don't want to see is Batch throwing to Wallace if Big Ben goes down.

I hate that they project Hester to have so many points every week. Messes with my head. Still wavering on my WR line up. Need to start one:

Hester
Cobb
Holmes

Quote:
Old 12-14-2011, 12:45 PM   #165
Mike Larry

My Ride: 575 nello
two dilemmas.
brandon jacobs (playing skins) or ben tate (playing panthers)
phillip rivers or joe flacco (playing each other)
Old 12-14-2011, 01:52 PM   #166
ghorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Larry View Post
two dilemmas.
Hmm, I'd say Jacobs given his performance the past few weeks--got nearly 20 touches last week.

I trust Rivers more than Flacco. Has more weapons and he's at home.

Quote:
Old 12-15-2011, 06:42 AM   #167
dniper71

Quote:
I hate that they project Hester to have so many points every week. Messes with my head. Still wavering on my WR line up. Need to start one:

Hester
Cobb
Holmes
Thats a tough call.... its so tempting to go with Cobb now that Jennings is out and Rodgers does spread the ball so you figure Jordy Nelson is getting all the defensive attention now, which could be a big payoff for Cobb in the same way Antonio Brown is getting paid off by Mike Wallace these days I also don't see Donald Driver sneaking in there and taking Cobb's targets but the one guy who can spoil it big time is Finely who Rodgers loves to randomly target all day during some games.

I don't think you can ever go with Hester... I don't think its ever a statistically good decision even if he does blow up a few times.

Although Holmes has been doing alright.... I don't like him against Eagles 2ndary this week.... couple that with Sanchez, I don't see good things happening. Although, I will say his less risky to play then Cobb but Cob has better upside.

Quote:
two dilemmas.
I would go with Jacobs and Rivers... Ray Lewis is back this week so you figure SD is gonna have a tougher time running the ball so they're probbaly going to throw more so then not.

The dilemma I'm having... I also have Dez Bryant along with Wallace..... Dallas recivers have turned into Saints recievers where its a total crapshoot. I was even thinking of playing Spiller over Bryant instead of over Wallace.... Dallas has Dolphins this week which looks great on paper but Bryant could very well have 0 points the way things are looking. This is a tough one.... having a little depth is a problem sometimes.
Old 12-15-2011, 07:58 AM   #168
BigDRick323
OEM ///Member

My Ride: 2000 323i
I am getting more and more nervous with McFadden...I was hoping to get him for the playoffs but it is not looking good, Helu or Grant?

+ I've got Jones Boldin and Cruz starting, Antonio Brown on the bench. Would you start Brown, I guess wait to see how Roethlisberger is doing>?

-1983 Grey 528e (Given to Charity) -1995 Champagne Toyota 4Runner (Friend Totaled) -2000 Black 323i (From DD to Project Car) -2011 Black Toyota Prius III (DD)
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/780058
BigDRick323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 12:11 PM   #169
ghorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by dniper71 View Post
The dilemma I'm having... I also have Dez Bryant along with Wallace..... Dallas recivers have turned into Saints recievers where its a total crapshoot. I was even thinking of playing Spiller over Bryant instead of over Wallace.... Dallas has Dolphins this week which looks great on paper but Bryant could very well have 0 points the way things are looking. This is a tough one.... having a little depth is a problem sometimes.
I think Dez could have a huge day. I like Dez/Spiller more than Wallace this week.

Quote:
Old 12-15-2011, 12:57 PM   #170
KeegMac5621

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDRick323 View Post
I am getting more and more nervous with McFadden...I was hoping to get him for the playoffs but it is not looking good, Helu or Grant?

+ I've got Jones Boldin and Cruz starting, Antonio Brown on the bench. Would you start Brown, I guess wait to see how Roethlisberger is doing>?
Definitely Helu cause hes been doing great and Ryan Grant is not even a part of the Packers offense. Also, Jones and Cruz have had some great games. I havent been watching Boldin or Brown, but 49ers have a solid D and the Chargers Secondary has been graciously giving up points; so I would choose Boldin.

Quote:
Old 12-15-2011, 01:18 PM   #171
Born Again

Location: Tis quite a statement. Where do you live - where do we all live? in our minds? our souls? our bodies?
My Ride: She aint much 330ci
Rex grossman or andy Dalton this weekend?

best mod to date : OEM grocery bag holder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zell View Post
E46Fanatics - the Honda community of gun owners. Keep staying classy, I'm sure you all are going to be excellent examples of how to keep gun rights from being infringed. :facepalm:
Born Again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 01:41 PM   #172
ghorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Again View Post
Wow. Just forfeit, heh. Dalton, he's playing STL

Quote:
Old 12-15-2011, 05:56 PM   #173
Mike Larry

Quote:
I think Dez could have a huge day. I like Dez/Spiller more than Wallace this week.
isnt dallas down to one running back? maybe they'll throw more
Old 12-15-2011, 07:09 PM   #174
Born Again

Location: Tis quite a statement. Where do you live - where do we all live? in our minds? our souls? our bodies?
My Ride: She aint much 330ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Again View Post
dude im in the final 4 of my fantasy league

here is my team.

STARTERS
QB Andy Dalton, Cin QB
@StL
RB Arian Foster, Hou RB

RB Cedric Benson, Cin RB Q
@StL
RB/WR Antonio Brown, Pit WR
@SF
WR Miles Austin, Dal WR
@TB
WR Jabar Gaffney, Wsh WR
@NYG
TE Tony Gonzalez, Atl TE P
Jac
D/ST Bengals D/ST D/ST
@StL
K David Akers, SF K
Pit
BENCH
Bench Peyton Hillis, Cle RB
@Ari
Bench Eagles D/ST D/ST
NYJ
Bench Jermaine Gresham, Cin TE
@StLBench Mohamed Massaquoi, Cle WR
@Ari
Bench Rex Grossman, Wsh QB
@NYG
Bench Jackie Battle, KC RB
GBBench Doug Baldwin, Sea WR P

What about defense - eagles at jets ? or cinci @ stl?

thanks ! - im going to win this b1tch!

best mod to date : OEM grocery bag holder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zell View Post
E46Fanatics - the Honda community of gun owners. Keep staying classy, I'm sure you all are going to be excellent examples of how to keep gun rights from being infringed. :facepalm:
Born Again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 07:33 PM   #175
ThaHooch

My Ride: e46
I placed first in my league's regular season,but I'm screwed now...lost Fred Davis to pot, and Forte, A. Johnson, D. Murray, and A. Peterson to injury. I'm counting on Rodgers and Welker to carry my second string...

** Political sig removed **
ThaHooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 08:51 PM   #176
Mike Larry

^i lost fred davis too. so pissed

who would you guys pick between frank gore and ben tate? the 49ers are already in the playoffs and gore's been hurt the past couple weeks. plus the niners face pitt this weekend. i'm scared he's gonna get pulled to preserve his health.
Old 12-16-2011, 06:12 AM   #177
KeegMac5621

Yea Gore has been on a decline and Tate has been getting solid carries, I vote Tate

Quote:
Old 12-16-2011, 08:23 AM   #178
tb330

My Ride: 2008 Trailblazer SS
Tate or Boldin at flex?

I have N. Washington + A. Brown in at WR and Blount + Jacobs in at RB.

Also have a QB dilemma, lost Schaub to injury so now I'm stuck with Hasselback, Freeman, or Orton on my team..could also pick up Locker, Yates, or Ponder? What do you guys think? If Locker plays I think he's the best bet, everytime he plays he plays well.
Old 12-17-2011, 02:12 PM   #179
dniper71

Quote:
^i lost fred davis too. so pissed

who would you guys pick between frank gore and ben tate? the 49ers are already in the playoffs and gore's been hurt the past couple weeks. plus the niners face pitt this weekend. i'm scared he's gonna get pulled to preserve his health.
I would go with Gore here.... James Harrison isn't playing this week which should open up some room for Gore. Steelers 2ndary is strong and Alex Smith isn't going to be throwing much..... plus this game should be pretty low scoring, Gore will get his chances.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tb330 View Post
Tate or Boldin at flex?

I have N. Washington + A. Brown in at WR and Blount + Jacobs in at RB.

Also have a QB dilemma, lost Schaub to injury so now I'm stuck with Hasselback, Freeman, or Orton on my team..could also pick up Locker, Yates, or Ponder? What do you guys think? If Locker plays I think he's the best bet, everytime he plays he plays well.
I would go with Boldin.... Panthers put up points, and Texans usually use Tate when they're in a comfortable position, this game might not be comfortable if Cam Newton starts going off and Tate won't get used that much.

I would also go with Hassleback, he is not bad.

Anyway, this has been a super tough week.... I go Bryant, Wallace and Spiller.... pick 2 situation. After hearing that Roeshtlisberger is most likely going to play I think I have to go with Wallace, you figure 49ers have the best run D, Steelers are going to have to throw. After looking at some stats.... Dolphins have been shutting the run down big time lately so thats bad news for Spiller. The Bryant is a complete lottery pick. I think I'm in a lose lose situation here because it feels like whoever I bench is going to have a big game haha
Old 12-17-2011, 11:08 PM   #180
Mike Larry

ight im looking pretty good so far. tony romo scored more than projected. i just need drew brees to break his leg tomorrow

also, im gonna stick with gore over tate. arian's in good health; i got a feeling he's not gonna see much of the bench. plus the niners play on monday, so it gives him another day to get back into good shape