E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > General E46 Forum

General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 09-25-2008, 04:36 PM   #1
louish

My Ride: 2000 323i
Pics of 323i sedan with 19", not lowered, 35 series

When I was researching rim sizes and tire sizes, it was VERY hard to find photos of my exact setup. I didn't want to lower the car, but I wanted to see what it would look like. I couldn't find photos anywhere, so that's why I'm posting the photos here, so others can find them if they need to.

Here are the specs:
2000 BMW 323i Sedan
Stock Suspension (not sport)
19" 8.5 front and back
235/35/19, front and back.

The ride feels the EXACT same. I was expecting such a thin tire to really roughen my ride, but it hasn't. My other cars are so sensitive to any bump, crack, etc on the road. These new rims/setup feels exactly the same. I still get to enjoy the nice smooth quiet ride in the car as I did before. (I even bought a 5th rim/tire for the trunk for the spare). I ordered BMW center pieces for the rims, I just haven't received them yet.

The photos below link to the original sizes.

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 09-25-2008, 05:10 PM   #2
Navin323i
Europrojektz East

My Ride: See Sig
Just curious why you didn't want to lower your ride. At the very least maybe consider upgrading your OEM non-sport suspension to the OEM sport suspension... you won't see a huge drop in ride height (maybe an inch at the most).
My 2000 323i originally came with the OEM sport suspension but later I upgraded to KW V2 coilovers once I upgraded my wheels to 19" size. I like the coilovers because I can adjust both height and dampening and keep the ride cushiony... a MUST for me since I transport my little girl everywhere in my car and I don't want her feeling every bump in the road.

Fellow Utah native here (Tooele).

BMW Individual Atlantis Metallic Twin Screw S/C'ed 2000 323i

SPONSORED BY: BBS | Modbargains | Toyo Tires | DPE | WheelSTO | Vorsteiner | European Auto Source | Bimmertools | GetBMWParts.com | Race Apeel

Last edited by Navin323i; 09-25-2008 at 05:12 PM.
Navin323i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 05:11 PM   #3
2000_328CI
DK Jack Sparrow

My Ride: 328Ci | Range Rover
Send a message via AIM to 2000_328CI Send a message via MSN to 2000_328CI
i'm with navin on this one. If anything, go to sport suspension to bring it down a bit. The front and side doesn't look tooooo high but the rear looks way jacked up.

Will look amazing with a drop though

Everything you need to know on muffler deletes : http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=745244
Wrapping an E46 in Vinyl : http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...ghlight=bronze
2000_328CI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 05:12 PM   #4
louish

Well I lowered my 2 other cars and these roads in utah suck so bad, I didnt want to mess with it since it was nice to get back into a car and feel a smooth ride again. I wouldnt mind at all upgrading to the bmw sport suspension. Do you know where I can buy it from?
Old 09-25-2008, 05:15 PM   #5
HodgesJ300

My Ride: Ferrari, I'm sorry
OP... Are you sponsored by Volcom?
HodgesJ300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 05:16 PM   #6
loong

My Ride: loves speedbumps
yea i would definately recommend just a slight drop, it'll look so much better and even with a 1" drop at most, your car wont be that low to worry about scrapping
loong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 05:28 PM   #7
Navin323i
Europrojektz East

Quote:
Originally Posted by louish View Post
Well I lowered my 2 other cars and these roads in utah suck so bad, I didnt want to mess with it since it was nice to get back into a car and feel a smooth ride again. I wouldnt mind at all upgrading to the bmw sport suspension. Do you know where I can buy it from?
LOL, yeah I remember the Utah roads being bad (I lived there from '74 to '82).
I had a feeling you didn't lower your car due to you wanting to have a smooth ride, which I can respect. Definitely your best bet is to upgrade to the OEM sport suspension. You can search thru the classifieds subforum since there are people who sell their OEM sport suspensions (think I saw one the other day in fact), and if you want a new set, definitely talk to Evan@Tischer or Jason@Tischer (forum sponsors here who have great pricing on their OEM BMW parts). I sold my OEM sport suspension a while back otherwise I would have gladly sold mine to you... good luck!

SPONSORED BY: BBS | Modbargains | Toyo Tires | DPE | WheelSTO | Vorsteiner | European Auto Source | Bimmertools | GetBMWParts.com | Race Apeel
Old 09-25-2008, 05:34 PM   #8
FWD BLOWS

My Ride: e46/CBR600RR
Send a message via AIM to FWD BLOWS Send a message via Yahoo to FWD BLOWS
I like your 4x4, if i could put 19's on my car and sit 2 feet off the ground, i would defenitly be interested in doing this. not trying to be an ahole but i didn't post pictures of my car until after i lowered it.
Old 09-25-2008, 09:57 PM   #9
louish

Quote:
Originally Posted by FWD BLOWS View Post
I like your 4x4, if i could put 19's on my car and sit 2 feet off the ground, i would defenitly be interested in doing this. not trying to be an ahole but i didn't post pictures of my car until after i lowered it.
Not to be an ahole, but did you even bother reading what I wrote before posting your comment? What you wrote in your post about "not posting any pictures until after you lowered it" is the exact reason I posted these photos. I even wrote "I couldn't find photos anywhere, so that's why I'm posting the photos here, so others can find them if they need to.". The purpose of this post is to show what a non-lowered e46 looks like with 19"s.
Old 09-25-2008, 10:24 PM   #10
BMWilli
G-cool, G-smooth, G-style

My Ride: 323 Ci
what offsets are your wheels?
BMWilli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 10:26 PM   #11
louish

I bought them from tirerack.com, here is the link:
TireRack.com/.....

Their site says 40mm
Old 09-25-2008, 10:35 PM   #12
mcr_driver

My Ride: my favorite two feet
its too high up your 4x4in it. i think if your on a non oem sport suspension get a sports suspension or better yet a zhp suspension you'll get a great drop and shouldn't be too hard to what your feeling now
Old 09-25-2008, 11:08 PM   #13
FWD BLOWS

Quote:
Not to be an ahole, but did you even bother reading what I wrote before posting your comment? What you wrote in your post about "not posting any pictures until after you lowered it" is the exact reason I posted these photos. I even wrote "I couldn't find photos anywhere, so that's why I'm posting the photos here, so others can find them if they need to.". The purpose of this post is to show what a non-lowered e46 looks like with 19"s.
Your thread is worthless because either way its going to look like you have a lift kit, no need for this thread its absolutley worthless.
Old 09-26-2008, 11:04 AM   #14
Navin323i
Europrojektz East

Quote:
Your thread is worthless because either way its going to look like you have a lift kit, no need for this thread its absolutley worthless.
C'mon now... I realize you've only been on the site for couple of months now but there's no need for you to be a d1ck to the OP... his thread and pics here are actually quite informative... I personally had never seen a car with 19s on stock non-sport suspension and hopefully after noob folks here new to the site and to BMW modding see the OP's pics then they'll know to NOT use OEM non-sport suspension with 19s... for that I say good job to the OP for an informative post.

Last edited by Navin323i; 09-26-2008 at 11:13 AM.
Old 09-26-2008, 11:50 AM   #15
FWD BLOWS

Yeah but at the same time the only thing he is showing is his wheels gap....i have sport suspension and put 18'' oem m3 wheels on my car it had the same wheels gap, idk what hes really trying to accomplish here, but i will admit it was a good try. Other then seeing how far off the ground body panels sit with this setup i don't see this thread being worth anything.
Old 09-26-2008, 12:37 PM   #16
NOVAbimmer

My Ride: 14 Impala FXST M796
4x4 FTW

don't feel bad OP, just look at my sig
Old 09-26-2008, 01:47 PM   #17
Navin323i
Europrojektz East

Quote:
Yeah but at the same time the only thing he is showing is his wheels gap....i have sport suspension and put 18'' oem m3 wheels on my car it had the same wheels gap, idk what hes really trying to accomplish here, but i will admit it was a good try. Other then seeing how far off the ground body panels sit with this setup i don't see this thread being worth anything.
Actually the first few sentences of the OP's opening post here does a good job explaining the worth of this thread...

Quote:
When I was researching rim sizes and tire sizes, it was VERY hard to find photos of my exact setup. I didn't want to lower the car, but I wanted to see what it would look like. I couldn't find photos anywhere, so that's why I'm posting the photos here, so others can find them if they need to.
Clearly the OP is just trying to help out his fellow fanatics here... also the wheel gap you have now with your sport suspension and 18" wheels isn't and shouldn't be the same as the OP's given he doesn't have sport suspension and 18" wheels... gap should be more with the OP's car.

Old 09-26-2008, 02:09 PM   #18
Anub!s

My Ride: e92M, e46 330ci
Send a message via AIM to Anub!s Send a message via MSN to Anub!s Send a message via Yahoo to Anub!s
Quote:

hey man, check this out

18's on stock sports suspension. Still no drop after getting those wheels years ago.
Relax bro, if you don't see a point to the thread, why post?
Old 09-26-2008, 02:17 PM   #19
wdeerfield

My Ride: 2009 E90, 2011 F10
still on non-sport here with 18's (pictures are deceiving of actual gap)

theres nothing wrong with a non lowered car, especially for those who use the car in the winter (as i do) for ski trips in snowstorms. You guys with your dumped cars prolly couldnt make it through the mountains. Eventually ill lower it but only 1.5in at most.

2009 MBM E90 | ZPP | ZSP | ZCW | CA | 6FL | NAV | XENONS | 18x8.5 VB3s ET28/25
2011 JB F10 | ZPP | ZSP | ZCW | 6FL | NAV | 331s Square
wdeerfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 02:22 PM   #20
Bartacus

My Ride: 2002 320i Sedan
Quote:
FYI, you don't have to buy the entire sport suspension, just OEM sport springs. I bought my non-sport 2002 320i and added sports springs at the 35,000KM mark. My front shocks lasted me until 210,000KMs. So don't be afraid to just put springs in there without swapping the shocks. The drop is less than 1 inch, so your OEM non-sport shocks will handle that just fine.

EDIT: I also drive year round, on rotten roads, in Canadian winter, and the OEM shocks held up so well I'm replacing my busted ones with OEM, even though it will cost me more than aftermarket stuff.

Bart
Bartacus is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
19" rims, 235/35/19, 4x4, ghetto, needs a drop, offroading 3 series, sedan, stock height