E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke

Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke
Discuss supercharging, turbocharging and even nitrous and water injection here.
Sponsored by Active Autowerke

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-05-2008, 03:00 PM   #21
Rotha

My Ride: N/A
also i think it is easier to tune the e36.

you okay there russ?
"You makes me sick" officer responds, "So worried about your BMW; but don't even notice your left arm is missing?"
"OMG.." lawyer replies. "Where's my Rolex?"
Rotha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 03:56 PM   #22
_Calle_

My Ride: 330Ci ESS TS2
Send a message via ICQ to _Calle_
A friend has this kit in his 325i E36 with a Gt3582R and some other changes he push 26.3psi and 628 HP, 598ft-lbs
Old 10-05-2008, 05:22 PM   #23
e4604
Banned

My Ride: ...
why are people so fuking stupid..
e4604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 12:53 PM   #24
Damo323

My Ride: BMW E46 M3
I saw this kit on ebay a while ago and my face lit up! but after reading a lot of threads on the same turbo kit, u kinda dont want it? ha ha. I dont know if what they are saying is true but from what ive read, the tuning part (ECU) will cost a fortune and take a lot of doing to get right. Yeah its bolt on but it will be problem after another. Im looking into supercharger now, similar power at 8 psi - ish. Power as soon as you hit the pedal. lot better.......?

Thats my opinion anyway.

///M3 - Vorsteiner Hood / CSL Bumper / Linea Corse / CSL Tailgate / Carbon Grilles / Eibach Pro
Damo323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 01:00 PM   #25
AMG-ETR

My Ride: S54B32 On Boost
Send a message via MSN to AMG-ETR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damo323 View Post
I saw this kit on ebay a while ago and my face lit up! but after reading a lot of threads on the same turbo kit, u kinda dont want it? ha ha. I dont know if what they are saying is true but from what ive read, the tuning part (ECU) will cost a fortune and take a lot of doing to get right. Yeah its bolt on but it will be problem after another. Im looking into supercharger now, similar power at 8 psi - ish. Power as soon as you hit the pedal. lot better.......?

Thats my opinion anyway.
hmm Turbo is A LOT better than a supercharger.

AMG-ETR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 01:06 PM   #26
Damo323

My Ride: BMW E46 M3
thats what i thought but everytime you read about it people are been negative???

All ive ever wanted to do is turbo the car. is it really that hard to sort the software/tuning out? heard its quite expensive though....

///M3 - Vorsteiner Hood / CSL Bumper / Linea Corse / CSL Tailgate / Carbon Grilles / Eibach Pro
Damo323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 03:44 PM   #27
MachRc
E46Fanatic

My Ride: 2003 Technik S1 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damo323 View Post
thats what i thought but everytime you read about it people are been negative???

All ive ever wanted to do is turbo the car. is it really that hard to sort the software/tuning out? heard its quite expensive though....
no one is saying a supercharging is better then a turbo..(edit: lol )

an ebay bought turbo only will bring grief and frustration and a damaged car after your purchase..over the years many have tried this ebay deal turbo kits, with excuses like yeah on my friends e36..blah blah blah, with piggyback blah blah blah its easy@@!..

but they all ultimately fail and sell their car or get it stolen..

id rather wait and pay 2g or so more to have a proper kit made by a company or teh infamous nickg then rather buying the e36 derived hardware, and hope it some how works out with the rest of my engine..its been a long dicussed process.. with lots of people who duck out becasue ultimately it sucks.

maybe next time someone asks, we should tell him that it the sh1t , and that he should "buy it now" with the quickness on ebay!!!

anyways like sheekfo, i may go turbo... but once i get ALOT more enjoyment out of the clutched asa blower in my car... maybe when i hit 200k ill rebuild with a hopefully out by then 3.0 turbo kit.

"Blast and I'ma last yo, past all these Glass Joes and assholes who claim, like they be runnin' thangs.
I be gunnin those same jiggaz runnin late, to their fate.."

Last edited by MachRc; 10-08-2008 at 09:47 AM.
MachRc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 12:59 PM   #28
azshorty

My Ride: Hellrot 323CI
Ive seen this kit awhile back. The diagram showed the turbo being a top mount with the charge tubes being routed alot shorter. Now this one showes it being bottom mount. But ive also seen it advertised in a turbo mag.
Old 12-07-2008, 04:16 PM   #29
Curt2000

My Ride: 07' 335i
This E-bay junk is made for young kids who cant afford quality parts and want to have a serious upgrade to their car so bad that they will ignore the obvious warning signs to procure it. How do I know this?? when I was 19 I blew the celica you see in my sig to pieces on ebay crap parts and in the long run it cost me more to just get the car back to stock so I could sell it than if I had bought the nicest turbo kit on the market. Ever since I have bought nothing but the top of the line parts for my vehicles and have had nothing short of very satisfying results.

Its your money and your young and hard headed so the only way you will learn is to get burned.

07' 335i TiAg Sedan l Premium l Sport l Cold Weather l Blacklines l Front & Rear lip spoilers l ACS roof spoiler l 19" CSL's l SSTT l UR CAI
Former cars, White on red S2000, 418HP SRT4, Custom turbo Celica
Curt2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 07:12 PM   #30
parish8

My Ride: 03 silverado
the manifold looks decent. anyone have a used one laying around they want to sell? i see you can get a new one for $600, might be a good start to a quality kit if the rest of it was done up right.
97 528i
00 z3
parish8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 07:21 PM   #31
mattmo91
Banned

My Ride: Alpine White 330ci
hahaha http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...977&highlight= i knew it wouldn't be long before someone else posted something like this
mattmo91 is offline   Reply With Quote