E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Love Line

Love Line

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-09-2008, 04:50 AM   #1
FlasHGordoN

My Ride: a car
how to approach her...

So I've been meeting new people and I sort of have a crush on a girl that sits right next to me in Chemistry class. She seems very smart and is very cute. She's Korean and I think a few years older than me. I am 20 and I think she is 22 or 23 but I didn't ask her. We usually talk during breaks or before class, but after class she usually runs out or I just don't have the right moment to talk to her because other students are talking to me. She's very busy with work, works almost everyday except monday and wednesday. Those days she has school from the morning till evening. I want to ask her out, go eat something or shoot pool and get to know her, but I don't know how :/. I mean, I'm not scared to ask, it's just I don't want it to be weird or just random. How do I approach that kind of person?
And I know it may be difficult because of our age difference but whatever, worst thing is she can say no to me, that's all =].
Old 10-09-2008, 05:30 AM   #2
blucaller

My Ride: 323ci
Sounds like you're talking to her already. If you're looking for the right moment, it'll come. You'll know it. I was kind of in the same situation back in my day. I hit it off with this girl during break and we didn't go back to class. We only went back to get our stuff. You've got time...so use it. She ain't going no where. If the semester was close to ending, then I'd worry. If you guys really get along, I'm sure you'd have no problems trading numbers close the end.
Old 10-09-2008, 06:07 AM   #3
Green_Shine

My Ride: Back seat riding
When you two are chatting and she is in a good mood, ask if she wants to hang out later outside of class. It is that easy.
Old 10-09-2008, 04:16 PM   #4
wasp9166
ima touching member

My Ride: 04 330i jet black
Send a message via Yahoo to wasp9166
are you busy fri night? dive right in bro, only way

"if polarity comes from protons, does morality come from morons?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by russ330 View Post
"Mommy and Daddy are getting a divorce now because wasp9166 had to piitb with Mom."
wasp9166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 04:56 PM   #5
zikhkd

My Ride: AMG
Send a message via AIM to zikhkd
make some dumb jokes about how busy she always is, exaggerate it. she'll try to prove she isn't always busy, at the right time ask her out and before she says no be like "always busy.. huh"
Old 10-09-2008, 05:23 PM   #6
Androo

My Ride: Has 4 wheels
so many pimps on e46F.... agree with the all above ^
Androo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 09:41 AM   #7
FlasHGordoN

Quote:
Originally Posted by blucaller View Post
Sounds like you're talking to her already. If you're looking for the right moment, it'll come. You'll know it. I was kind of in the same situation back in my day. I hit it off with this girl during break and we didn't go back to class. We only went back to get our stuff. You've got time...so use it. She ain't going no where. If the semester was close to ending, then I'd worry. If you guys really get along, I'm sure you'd have no problems trading numbers close the end.
thanks, that's a good advice and I think I'll go with that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green_Shine View Post
When you two are chatting and she is in a good mood, ask if she wants to hang out later outside of class. It is that easy.
I wish it's that easy... haha ... she's a shy type of girl, I don't know if she'd want to hang out. We've only been talking for a little bit. thanks tho =]

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasp9166 View Post
are you busy fri night? dive right in bro, only way
i know she's busy over the weekend, but let see how things work out. Thx man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sikhkd View Post
make some dumb jokes about how busy she always is, exaggerate it. she'll try to prove she isn't always busy, at the right time ask her out and before she says no be like "always busy.. huh"
This made me giggle but seems like a good tactic hehe. I'll try that if I'm too desperate and don't want to wait till the end of the semester lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Androo View Post
so many pimps on e46F.... agree with the all above ^
haha word
Old 10-20-2008, 02:10 PM   #8
FlasHGordoN

F|_|CK IT!

Today I am going to ask her out. I'll talk to her before break, make some jokes, then on the way out I'll ask her! If she says no, oh well... it was worth a try, got nothing to lose anyway haha....

wish me luck.........

Old 10-20-2008, 03:36 PM   #9
boce

My Ride: 2002 325i
Good luck, and keep us updated.
boce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 05:35 PM   #10
wasp9166
ima touching member

dont forget binoca

Quote:
"Mommy and Daddy are getting a divorce now because wasp9166 had to piitb with Mom."
Old 10-20-2008, 07:27 PM   #11
SHANERS330i

My Ride: screamer
update??
Old 10-20-2008, 07:36 PM   #12
zikhkd

My Ride: AMG
Send a message via AIM to zikhkd
always remember to take pics
Old 10-21-2008, 07:51 AM   #13
FlasHGordoN

FVCK I didn't ask her today. I really wanted to, but I didn't have the opportunity. Before break, she was talking to one of the girls next to her, then went talking to the professor. I waited for alittle bit, acting like I was checking my notes, but had the urge to go to the restroom for 30 mins or so, so I went pissing and when I came back, she wasn't there, so I waited outside like a friggin stalker lol, and when class started again, I walked inside and there she was sitting. She took the back door of the classroom to get in ...

Wednesday is the next class session......... hope it won't be screwed up like today~
Old 10-21-2008, 11:01 AM   #14
BMWDon

My Ride: Needs a cage
She saw you waiting there all stalkerish and got scared....went in the backdoor.... could be a hint!

Besides, sounds like she's too damn busy to be getting busy....find another chick with more time to bang than this one
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlasHGordoN View Post
She took the back door of the classroom to get in ...
Old 10-21-2008, 03:59 PM   #15
wasp9166
ima touching member

bock bock bucock

Quote:
Old 10-21-2008, 08:07 PM   #16
JohnMate

My Ride: What work gives me!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wasp9166 View Post
bock bock bucock
HAHA thats funny but I know where hes coming from like if this is wifey material you dont want to screw it up! bide your time man while shes your friend she isn't your enemy...
Old 10-22-2008, 12:22 AM   #17
Agamemnon

My Ride: M3
Send a message via AIM to Agamemnon
One way would be to build the moment.

What I mean is that start a convo on day 1 and don't finish it off and gradually extend it past to day 2 and day 3 and so forth and judge when it's appropriate to conclude and ask. then in that time put your notion to go out. Basically you have to be patient and have that conversational/situational control it can be done in any environment just takes some.

Or you can inch forward on a smaller basis every time getting to know her more and more and as other's say "wait for the right moment or create it" and ask.
Old 10-22-2008, 07:40 AM   #18
FlasHGordoN

Quote:
Originally Posted by sikhkd View Post
always remember to take pics
will do

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWDon View Post
She saw you waiting there all stalkerish and got scared....went in the backdoor.... could be a hint!

Besides, sounds like she's too damn busy to be getting busy....find another chick with more time to bang than this one
haha I hope not lol. but yeah she works a lot but maybe she can squeeze in some time, plus maybe she's not that busy at all, just said it for some kind of reason. but maybe she really is, then I'm screwed

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnMate View Post
HAHA thats funny but I know where hes coming from like if this is wifey material you dont want to screw it up! bide your time man while shes your friend she isn't your enemy...
i don't get the bock bock bucok thing... bucock reminds me of bukakee. lol...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
One way would be to build the moment.

What I mean is that start a convo on day 1 and don't finish it off and gradually extend it past to day 2 and day 3 and so forth and judge when it's appropriate to conclude and ask. then in that time put your notion to go out. Basically you have to be patient and have that conversational/situational control it can be done in any environment just takes some.

Or you can inch forward on a smaller basis every time getting to know her more and more and as other's say "wait for the right moment or create it" and ask.
That's what I've been doing for a while. We talk a lot about stuff, not the same stuff at different days. We're half way in the semester, I thought I talked enough with her and should make a move, or maybe I should just wait a little bit longer...

She's been really nice to me tho, I don't want to destroy the momentum by waiting too long. Like last time my dumb4ss put my bag in front of the lab door and went to piss and when I cameback, she was standing there, holding the door, because my back would have been crushed if she wouldn't. Then I came to get it and said sorry and thanks for holding the door, and she smiled back and said it's okay, next time you hold the door for me okay? More like a joking way rather then pissed off way, and she didn't seem pissed off at all.

Then Monday before a quiz, she pinched me out of no where and told me good luck on the quiz with a super cute smile .... and when I walked out, she waved to me and giving me this smile that tells me that she likes me, but then again, I may like her too much and all this is just misinterpretation. Maybe I should wait a little longer to be more confident that she wants to go out and observe her actions towards me.....

anyway, gotta eat something now... thanks guys
Old 10-22-2008, 07:50 AM   #19
05M3SMG

My Ride: bmw drop top
Send a message via AIM to 05M3SMG
piks?
Old 10-22-2008, 11:46 AM   #20
Agamemnon

My Ride: M3
Send a message via AIM to Agamemnon
Okay what you need to do then is steer the conversation into a topic that has say something to eat at an appropriate time. You must know her eating times by now no? If she eats after class or what not? Well get it to that time that (she needs to go eat something, and you as well steer the convo into that direction and do you magic words and you'll be eating something together. It doesn't have to be food but since your in the same class adopt a study habit of her's and go with her to the library or something else like more than just in the class room to build up yourself.

ATM you have ONE contact point

A) Class Room

Expand it into

B) Food/eating
C) Library Studying
D) Etc

What else do you know about her? anything else she truly likes besides the "working" constantly? What's the end goal behind this work? What's she willing to endure to reach it?

Edit: She's already given you hints man all you need to do is start a convo (as you normally do) steer it into the direction you want and just ASK. What's the worst that can happen no?

The incidents Door etc see how she's trying to tell you something? How subtle it is? Follow that lead and you'll have her.

The backpack incident. That wasn't a dumb ass move you did something and you got a reaction from her in a positive way that's good. The girl will know a long time before you even want to say anything to her that you like her based off subtle changes towards her that she will notice .

How many other situations have occurred like the backpack door? I mean where she showed something to you?

You probably got tons of signs from her already that you didn't respond to or just didn't see because your too focused on "Not messing up the approach and anything in between" You got pinched by her,door incident etc? How much more encouragement do you need? Just be subtle about how you do it and steer the conversations into a manner in which you can see if she will tag along for a bite to eat or have a contact point OUTSIDE of the classroom!

When you miss too many signs and then start to second guess yourself and worry and this that it will begin to show in ur outward behavior's and appearance and she will notice this and start to distance herself from you slowly.

As Arnold would say'

"RUN [Pause] GO [Long Pause] GET to the CHOPPER!

GO!

Last edited by Agamemnon; 10-22-2008 at 11:58 AM.
Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote