E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > ///M3 Forum

///M3 Forum
The BMW E46 ///M3 is the M version E46 and puts out an amazing 333 HP and 262 lb-ft of torque at stock specs! There are an amazing amount of modifications for both the coupe and convertible models so read up and get started modifying your cars today!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-09-2008, 12:11 PM   #1
boywonda

My Ride: Alpine White ///M3
Need buying advice! Looking @ M3!

Im looking to upgrade from my 330i to an M3. I have found one that is a color combo I really like (Alpine White/Cinnamon) and it is a 1 owner (lease)but there are two things that I dont like about it. The first problem is it has 70k miles on it and it is an 04. Also it doesnt have navigation which I really want because I have an aftermarket nav in my 330i and I dont want to do another double din install and I dont want to downgrade headunits. The asking price is $26500 is this too much for the mileage? Any thing in particular I should look for when buying an M3. Thanks for any help.

OB 330i = Gone
Welcome Alpine White/Cinnamon ///M3!!!

NEW Pics Here
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...hlight=http://
"...Leave 'em empty / I cruise through Harlem in a M3 / Never pay for parties, say my name and I'm in free"
Big L - Flamboyant (R.I.P.)
boywonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 10-09-2008, 12:13 PM   #2
Define ///M3

My Ride: Dream 2 B Suprchrgd
sounds about right, 2004 is a good year for the m3's it has all the extra goodies like the strut bar and l.e.d tails. too many things to worry about with the 01-03 models

AKA Huggy1989
"I expect to pass through life but once. If, therefore, there can be any kindness I can show, or any good thing I can do to any fellow being, let me do it now, and not defer or neglect it, as I shall not pass this way again."- WP
Define ///M3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 12:14 PM   #3
PSangavaramM3

My Ride: 03 M3
Send a message via AIM to PSangavaramM3
that is on the high side, considering the miles

a friend just traded in his 05 ZCP Ti/Imoa Red for 25k. It had 25k miles on it.

its a buyers market. hold out. The 01-04 have hit their depreciation plateau. The 05 and 06 are feeling it now. U should be able to get an 04 in the 30s w/low miles. Or 20s w/higher miles. The S54 engine may have some issues, but it is the most reliable least maintenance required m motor produced.

don't let nav be an issue. the oem NAV is garbage. get a garmin and hit the track!

Last edited by PSangavaramM3; 10-09-2008 at 12:16 PM.
PSangavaramM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 01:09 PM   #4
boywonda

Ive also seen mention of a PPI from the dealership. Is this something I need to call and schedule ahead of time or will they do this on walk-in basis? Also what is the usual cost of a PPI

OB 330i = Gone

NEW Pics Here
"...Leave 'em empty / I cruise through Harlem in a M3 / Never pay for parties, say my name and I'm in free"
Old 10-09-2008, 02:39 PM   #5
Ultim8-One

My Ride: 2006 Carbon Black M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSangavaramM3 View Post
don't let nav be an issue. the oem NAV is garbage.
I almost agree .....
Ultim8-One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 12:25 AM   #6
boywonda

Ok I got the dealer down tho 24900! Im still apprehensive about the mileage... Deal or no deal??

OB 330i = Gone

NEW Pics Here
Old 10-10-2008, 09:47 AM   #7
Yardape

My Ride: M3
I would not get hung up on factory Nav. Considering that you can get a really nice Garmin Nuvi for under $200, and it will be a much better unit (in terms of accuracy), I would not let it's absence keep you from buying the right car.
Yardape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 10:40 AM   #8
dj///m3

My Ride: 05 IR M3 ZCP
I would definitely get a PPI. You do have to call ahead. My local dealer charges $200. I would specify looking for aftermarket mods as M3 owners are notorious for modding their/our rides and you may find something you don't like or may affect the performance of the car. What other packages does it have - Bluetooth, Premium, etc. These affect the options and price.

I agree about not sweating the lack of NAV since BMW NAV sux anyway although I did get an M3 with NAV. The Competition Package requires NAV as I recently found out if you want BlueTooth but that shouldn't concern you as it was only available 05-06.
dj///m3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 12:53 PM   #9
Rosco P

My Ride: 04 M3 SMG, Blk/IR, l
I disagree about the Nav. I think you should look for one with it and not buy one until you find it if that is what you want. I just bought an 04 M3 with Nav and all the options I wanted and I couldn't be happier.

That being said, I would not buy a used one that is not BMW CPO. That warranty will prove valuable. I picked up my 04 Loaded CPO with 45k miles for $29K.

You can search the CPO vehicles listed on the BMWUSA website or check the Autotrader ads closely. I actually have the BMW dealer to run the VIN's on them to see if they are CPO if the car is at a non-bmw lot, which mine was, which they did not know it was CPO.

There are some really good deals out there. I know of a 05 Black on black loaded SMG car that you can get for 30,300 in IL. Shipping will cost you about 450. I have tons of other information as I have just finished searching and locatged an abundance of information.

There is a IR/Cinnamon SMG loaded car in NJ that is loaded as well...

If I can help let me know.
Rosco P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 02:47 PM   #10
Philbert

My Ride: 02M3|80 280ZX|87Yota
if mileage is a concern, get the CPO warranty from the dealer. depends how much you will drive it though.

I opted for NO NAV in my search (6 months!) because I heard OEM was crappy. I like my $200 garmin unit - and I can use it in our other cars

GL!

Dinan S. | Clears | DiCE | OEM Alarm Retrofit | ACS Rep. Peds | DDEs

My Valentine 1 Hardwire | Remote Display Gauge Cluster Mod

Considering selling 2002 M3 Convertible (~38,000 miles) this year (don't drive it enough...). If seriously interested, PM me. SF Bay area.
Philbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 07:25 PM   #11
boywonda

Thanks for all the advice. I just pulled the trigger on it today $24k even also 3 month 3000k mile warranty from the dealer. Im glad I did it Ive been wanting one for so long. Pics to come!

OB 330i = Gone

NEW Pics Here
Old 10-10-2008, 08:58 PM   #12
///M3Turk

My Ride: M6 ,X5, R6, M5, M3
Send a message via AIM to ///M3Turk Send a message via MSN to ///M3Turk
Congrats on your new car dude
nice color combo!

Firat
///M3Turk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 04:01 PM   #13
Rosco P

My Ride: 04 M3 SMG, Blk/IR, l
http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail...eadExists=true

I see you bought already. I thought of you when I saw this one...
Rosco P is offline   Reply With Quote