E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > Sponsor Press Releases & New Product Announcements > Site Sponsor Specials and Sales

Site Sponsor Specials and Sales
Find out about the latest specials and sales from our site sponsors here!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-18-2008, 02:01 PM   #1
umnitza
877•486•6489

My Ride: E39M5, Sequoia
Send a message via Yahoo to umnitza
••ü•• Umnitza Ambience™ (Slow Rollout - Customer Feedback Requested)

We are doing a "focus group" of sorts with members on this forum.

Interior LEDs have been on a few of our cars (BMW and others) and we've had the good fortune of working with a supplier that has stabilized all the colors so that they match across all the bulbs - so instead of buying 1 bulb here and one there and finding the bulbs don't match exactly on color, we are getting them all complete.

Now, we have a VERY limited supply on hand right this minute, so it may take a few days to fulfill all the orders but we have some questions to ask and your assistance is greatly appreciated:

CLICK THIS FOR THE ORDERING PAGE:
1) Is the ordering page coherent (does the list of bulbs make sense?)
2) Is the pricing correct (yes, we're asking you)
3) Do you care if the "packaging" is generic or do you want pretty packaging with all the niceties that comes with it?
4) What are some things you're looking for when you order these?
5) What are some limitations you've had in the past?

Thanks for sharing your opinions as we roll out yet another lighting product.

Currently, we have:
Predator Orion V2
Predator ICE
Predator Xenix
Predator ION License Plate V3
Predator ION Side Markers

All of which are LED based.

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 10-18-2008, 03:53 PM   #2
Titanium 325

My Ride: '01 325Ci
I like the idea. I like the page, I am just confused on what lights and how many of each I would need for my particular car. Others may have the same question... Perhaps a Sedan package and a coupe package if they are different.

Yes, but I don't know what bulbs I would need personally.

I think it is reasonable.

3) Do you care if the "packaging" is generic or do you want pretty packaging with all the niceties that comes with it?
I think pricing is most important over looks unless it is for display in a shop as an available product. As long as it is secure for shipping, I will take a white box, or hell even a zip lock bag. LOL

Colors and longevity to not have to do it very often. Reliability.

Approval from the other half for mods. but that is just me.

great ideas in my book.

I would like to know how much a set would be for my coupe. I think they will look much better then my stockers. Every little mod counts.

Mods - M3 Style Lip Spoiler, ACS Replica Roof Spoiler (bowed in the middle), Predator Chromium Angel Eyes, P46 Xenons, Smoked Side, Corners and LED Tails, Blacked out Kidney Grills, Self Painted Bumper Reflectors, K&N Drop-in Filter, 19" Miro M6 Reps in Time Attack

Last edited by Titanium 325; 10-18-2008 at 03:57 PM.
Titanium 325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 01:27 AM   #3
eosco

My Ride: 325
"No Error on Almost Every Vehicle"

Theres no way to figure out which bulbs go where. You should create another chart to match the bulb type with the interior locations. For example, "Type P : Loc. 10" Other than that it looks fine.

#2 yes

#3 no, bubble wrap is fine.

#4 brightness/price

#5 some types of wedge shape bulbs wont fit into the housings
Old 10-19-2008, 01:37 PM   #4
umnitza
877•486•6489

So it looks like 2 people have consensus on some items.

But what about prices, a full kit comes out to about $70 for roughly 20 bulbs. Be honest, that sound a little low? Or is it just right?

Also, in terms of brightness, we're really aiming for bright, but is that what we should be aiming for or should we be looking for more of a consistent mid tier color match?

As for bulbs, I think the idea is that the individual buyer would first consult either his own car, his own manual, or even Sylvania's site to determine all the bulbs they need, then proceed to this order page to purchase them bulb they want.

This is our new foray to make all our lighting consistent in color with everything so when you buy all the parts, they have 1 light look, not a little more blue there and a little more white here.
Old 10-19-2008, 03:53 PM   #5
M0nk3y
Banned

My Ride: 2002 325xi
I think so yes. The customer itself will have to look at Sylvania's site to make sure which bulbs they need. But this will eliminate the customer blaiming the company for shipping out the wrong bulbs that are not needed in their own car, and that sometimes is a flaw in some of these LED interior kits

I believe so yes. I think it is lower than most interior LED kits. Like JleviSW

I could care less, but I would think it would look more professional if it came in a package and held all of the bulbs properly. Like your Predator ION LEDs

I would like fitment to be good; the brightness compared to OEM bulbs; and everything to work as it should

The LED License Plate Bulbs needed some work in order to get them to fit right

I think I might pick up a set of these.
What do you think Matt?
M0nk3y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 08:15 PM   #6
Titanium 325

My Ride: '01 325Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by umnitza View Post

But what about prices, a full kit comes out to about $70 for roughly 20 bulbs. Be honest, that sound a little low? Or is it just right?

Also, in terms of brightness, we're really aiming for bright, but is that what we should be aiming for or should we be looking for more of a consistent mid tier color match?

As for bulbs, I think the idea is that the individual buyer would first consult either his own car, his own manual, or even Sylvania's site to determine all the bulbs they need, then proceed to this order page to purchase them bulb they want.

This is our new foray to make all our lighting consistent in color with everything so when you buy all the parts, they have 1 light look, not a little more blue there and a little more white here.
I think I could spend $70 on a complete kit. If you need a texas car, let me know. I can be available for testing. LOL

I don't need them to be extemely bright, but give a nice consistent color off etc.

I like the idea.

Mods - M3 Style Lip Spoiler, ACS Replica Roof Spoiler (bowed in the middle), Predator Chromium Angel Eyes, P46 Xenons, Smoked Side, Corners and LED Tails, Blacked out Kidney Grills, Self Painted Bumper Reflectors, K&N Drop-in Filter, 19" Miro M6 Reps in Time Attack

Titanium 325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 08:28 PM   #7
M0nk3y
Banned

My Ride: 2002 325xi
Quote:

Matt: I can be your Beta Tester......lol

Maybe you can send a set w/ some other goodies that should show up tomorrow at your place
M0nk3y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 01:38 PM   #8
MindTrack

My Ride: bmw
Quote:
I won't comment on pricing, you guys charge what you have to to keep running.

Quote:
I may be in the minority here, but brightness isn't my first concern and neither is consistent color matching (although I think they should). My first concern is the actual ambience they make. Too bright is just.. too bright. A soft white glow is something I'd personally prefer.

Quote:
I'm fine doing that, but you may have better luck putting together some packages.

I had to read it a couple times to get it right. I'd like more pictures though.

I would pay what your asking.

As long as they don't get here broken I'm not concerned beyond that.

Just a warranty, which they already have.

Not sure what you mean by this.
MindTrack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 02:01 PM   #9
umnitza
877•486•6489

These are really good bits of information. Please keep going
Old 11-05-2008, 05:44 PM   #10
mpegripper

My Ride: M3
Send a message via AIM to mpegripper
definitely having an faq for what bulbs are needed for what cars would be nice. just do it for the real common cars you service, ie e46, e90, etc.
mpegripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 10:51 PM   #11
umnitza
877•486•6489

thank you. yes, we'll begin to build that list shortly.
Old 11-20-2008, 06:24 PM   #12
NOVAbimmer

My Ride: 14 Impala FXST M796
I would place Your product description above the quantity boxes. I was immediately turned off when it asked me how many of each kind of bulb I needed, when I've got no idea what bulbs I need, or what a type "B" bulb is as opposed to a type "S" bulb.