E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > The Showroom

The Showroom
This is the place to show off your BMW to other members of the community. Post pictures and videos of your car and the modifications you have done to it. If you need a picture of something on a coupe, sedan, convertible or touring you will probably find it here!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1027 votes, 4.98 average.
Old 11-14-2011, 10:46 PM   #11821
choleaoum
Ceiling missing!

My Ride: BMW 330Ci
Send a message via AIM to choleaoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW-UDM View Post
^ best bang for your buck is gonna be the ksport adj rear control arms, they max at -6 iirc. I had turner motorsport on my e46 at -4.2 at the rear (max on those were -7).. -8 camber is not gonna look good (imho) with out a major pull of your rear fenders.. I wouldnt of got those wheels in those specs and not fully understand the work required all because of resell issues.. Which i totally respect, but you cant cheap out per say on ebay parts and not pull or even refab your fenders all together..I would def go with 35 series tireS on this type of set up.. Now once u get that all figured out your next issue is gonna be your rear bumper.. E46 rears are short and slim which is why i got a SRS rear when i had mine just to make everything flow better.. All of this is alot more than just rims/tires/camber/coils and your done.. In relation to your specific specs your gonna have to do alot or work to pull it off correcty..Which i am sure your are aware of now.. Springs rates and the correct coils are gonna essential like say your camber settings and fender work..Either way GL man, it can be done! Take your time and do it right the first time
thanks for your input but I am fully aware of what's involved to make these wheels fit. Just wanted some opinions, always good to have alternatives. I'm all for doing it right the first time but my car has been down for 2 months and it's time to get it going. This isnt my first aggressive setup or car haha. It sucks I went with the 40 series, I knew I should've went 35.

My spring rates are fairly aggressive as well.

Exactly what I heard about the eBay camber kits being really adjustable. I'm getting a set Tommarow! If it doesn't work you'll see it in the marketplace haha.

Ksport discontinued they're arms, I just called

I didn't start off with a 5 inch lip trust me, just some **** happened and my 3.5 were pretty much made useless and 5 inch was the only one left available so I'm just working with what I got now lol. Not going to throw anymore money in this money pit.

Than

Last edited by choleaoum; 11-14-2011 at 10:52 PM.
choleaoum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 09:00 AM   #11822
DTMdan

My Ride: E53 X5 3.0i Sport
Send a message via AIM to DTMdan
What is your camber right now?
What brand/model tire did you get?
I still think a 225/35 is pushing it, I had a 225/35 on a 9.5" and that was the most I'd stretch that size, I wouldn't feel okay about recommending you or anyone a size that I personally wouldn't do myself or feel isn't a safe stretch. The problem isn't your stretch, the stretch is good... your offset is just too low. And even with more negative camber you're not going to tuck rim... it's not even tucking sidewall currently. A 225/35 wouldn't have done much, it just wouldn't have been as tall, the width of the tread would've still been the same.

If possible, I'd try to shave off about 10mm from the center hub and that sh1t would be perfect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by choleaoum View Post
Just got one of my other wheels mounted, I might get it refinished in black chrome but check it out. I need some more negative camber, what camber kit would you recommend? I'm thinking on going with some eBay **** to get me by for now lol. These wheels really set me back.

For you aggressive guys, what did you guys do with the emergency brake line? It's tugging against my negative camber!

18x10.5 -6 with 225/40/18, kinda wish I went with a 35 so I can tuck rim more.

Some more camber would get it to fit.

The 35 would have probably worked better, what you guys think?
Old 11-15-2011, 09:12 AM   #11823
dreamdrivedrift

My Ride: 99 M3 & 95 325i
Send a message via AIM to dreamdrivedrift
even if you get it to fit it's gonna look like S***
Old 11-15-2011, 09:14 AM   #11824
JohnBlaze

My Ride: Black Sunshine
+1
Old 11-15-2011, 09:36 AM   #11825
BMW-UDM

My Ride: Piggy bank
Quote:
thanks for your input but I am fully aware of what's involved to make these wheels fit. Just wanted some opinions, always good to have alternatives. I'm all for doing it right the first time but my car has been down for 2 months and it's time to get it going. This isnt my first aggressive setup or car haha. It sucks I went with the 40 series, I knew I should've went 35.

My spring rates are fairly aggressive as well.

Exactly what I heard about the eBay camber kits being really adjustable. I'm getting a set Tommarow! If it doesn't work you'll see it in the marketplace haha.

Ksport discontinued they're arms, I just called

I didn't start off with a 5 inch lip trust me, just some **** happened and my 3.5 were pretty much made useless and 5 inch was the only one left available so I'm just working with what I got now lol. Not going to throw anymore money in this money pit.

Than
I gotcha man, but really there no other "alternatives" aside from different brands of suspension parts u can choose from. Other than that i mean u still need what u need to make the set up work. But i get your trying to work with circumstances and what u got and your familiar with all this too. GL man! Keep us updated
Old 11-15-2011, 12:47 PM   #11826
choleaoum
Ceiling missing!

I could have my center hub shaved about 10mm easy, but it's gonna cost more money&time that I've already dumped into my wheels. If you had any clue what I dumped already then you'd see why I'm working with what I got lol. And again, I didn't start off with 5 inch lips, my 3.5 got ****ed up at the shop and they replaced it with 5's. These wheels been sitting at the shop for almost 6 months. The reason it took so long is because I'm not there customer, I'm there friend so you know how that goes down lol. But the wheels will be perfectly fine, if I was a M I wouldn't have an issue fitting it lol. And as for the 35 series, it'd make it tuck rim a bit more. It's too tall and it hits the fender real easy. My coils are max height and it sits that low. My exhaust sits like 10 inches off the ground with these 40 series. I've done crazier stretches lol.

Say what you want but I really don't care if you think it's going to look like ****. How many VSXX's do you know that have a step lip and a 5 inch lip? And it's been sandwich mounted? The people who sometimes talk the most **** and don't have a clean setup to even back it up. It will work just fine. I just need more camber. If push comes to shove then I can pull the fenders myself but I prefer not too. There's a SEDAN running 18x10.5-12 and he has a 1.5-2 inch widebody. The black one with the cracked tranny pan. Personally, I like the negative camber look, probably because I come from the VIP scene lol. Regardless, I'm not here to please the internet.

Please post YOUR aggressive setup, I would love to see how you have it done.

Last edited by choleaoum; 11-15-2011 at 01:00 PM.
Old 11-15-2011, 12:51 PM   #11827
DTMdan

Well you came in asking people for advice... now you're Mr. Knowitall lol
Old 11-15-2011, 01:03 PM   #11828
BMW-UDM

Yea, u asked for advice.. Nobody was trying to offend you... If i did my bad.. But as Dan pointed out.. Not sure why u asked this thread if u knew what it takes and what is involved.. But lets all digress shall we? GL with it none the less..

Edit:
Did u just call me out on my set? Lol i can post pics if u want man.. No prb here..

Last edited by BMW-UDM; 11-15-2011 at 01:06 PM.
BMW-UDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 01:06 PM   #11829
phrozen06

My Ride: E46, E92 M3, R32 VW
Send a message via Yahoo to phrozen06
Quote:
Originally Posted by m3racing View Post
so much win right there.

phrozen06 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 01:11 PM   #11830
DTMdan

Quote:
Is this directed at BMW-UDM and me?
Old 11-15-2011, 01:19 PM   #11831
BreakMyWallet

My Ride: B6 A4/ Mini Cooper S
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSeyf View Post
Rears? How much adjustments can it do? I was thinking of getting some spc's.

Sent from my Desire HD
i had it to -6 and it couldve went more.

only pictures i ever took of it.

Old 11-15-2011, 01:19 PM   #11832
Gheybe

My Ride: Fiat Abart, F80 M3
Is he really a sponsor?
Gheybe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 01:19 PM   #11833
rcsummers

My Ride: M3
Quote:
I could have my center hub shaved about 10mm easy, but it's gonna cost more money&time that I've already dumped into my wheels. If you had any clue what I dumped already then you'd see why I'm working with what I got lol. And again, I didn't start off with 5 inch lips, my 3.5 got ****ed up at the shop and they replaced it with 5's. These wheels been sitting at the shop for almost 6 months. The reason it took so long is because I'm not there customer, I'm there friend so you know how that goes down lol. But the wheels will be perfectly fine, if I was a M I wouldn't have an issue fitting it lol. And as for the 35 series, it'd make it tuck rim a bit more. It's too tall and it hits the fender real easy. My coils are max height and it sits that low. My exhaust sits like 10 inches off the ground with these 40 series. I've done crazier stretches lol.

Say what you want but I really don't care if you think it's going to look like ****. How many VSXX's do you know that have a step lip and a 5 inch lip? And it's been sandwich mounted? The people who sometimes talk the most **** and don't have a clean setup to even back it up. It will work just fine. I just need more camber. If push comes to shove then I can pull the fenders myself but I prefer not too. There's a SEDAN running 18x10.5-12 and he has a 1.5-2 inch widebody. The black one with the cracked tranny pan. Personally, I like the negative camber look, probably because I come from the VIP scene lol. Regardless, I'm not here to please the internet.

ill give my opinion when i see how you get to the properly fit.
Old 11-15-2011, 01:43 PM   #11834
choleaoum
Ceiling missing!

I'm not attacking Dan I'm just pointing out to the people who are talking crap such as dreamdriftdrive. Dan has been more then helpful including BMW-udm. I can't edit right on my iPhone lmao.

Lol no no I didn't attack any of you guys. Everything is getting blown out of proportion. I'm more then grateful for the advice I'm being given.

Last edited by choleaoum; 11-15-2011 at 01:49 PM.
Old 11-15-2011, 01:47 PM   #11835
DTMdan

lol just so we're clear... I do wanna see you make this work
Old 11-15-2011, 01:50 PM   #11836
choleaoum
Ceiling missing!

Haha yeah you guys are just trying to help. I wouldn't bite the hand that feeds.
Old 11-15-2011, 01:50 PM   #11837
p0tpie

My Ride: '06 M3
shaving the hub isn't thaaat much. In this case, its kind of a necessity.
Old 11-15-2011, 01:50 PM   #11838
choleaoum
Ceiling missing!

It would've took more time and money that I didn't want to spend. Another 200 bucks to shave the hubs.
Old 11-15-2011, 02:03 PM   #11839
BMW-UDM

We good man, no worries! Do werk and keep us dated
Old 11-15-2011, 02:56 PM   #11840
BreakMyWallet

My Ride: B6 A4/ Mini Cooper S
well, if you dont want to spend money, youre in the wrong hobby.