E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke

Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke
Discuss supercharging, turbocharging and even nitrous and water injection here.
Sponsored by Active Autowerke

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-31-2008, 03:04 PM   #21
ModBargains
Sponsor

My Ride: E30 325e & E46 ZHP
Congrats on those #'s!
BMW Wheels In Stock | BMW Intake Experts
Hours
: Mon - Fri 8:00am - 6:00pm / Saturday 8:00am - 5:00pm (PST)
Check out our Blog for updates!
ModBargains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 03:16 PM   #22
howie

My Ride: CLK55 AMG, E90 335i
Send a message via AIM to howie Send a message via Yahoo to howie
damn...must be niiiiiiiiiiiice
howie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 05:30 PM   #23
bm3r

My Ride: 04 M3, 97 HX (DD)
Send a message via AIM to bm3r
sick!

have you raced a hpf m3 yet?
Old 11-01-2008, 05:31 PM   #24
MSpired

My Ride: HPF Stage 2.5 e46 M3
Send a message via AIM to MSpired Send a message via MSN to MSpired Send a message via Yahoo to MSpired
Quote:
Originally Posted by bm3r View Post
sick!

have you raced a hpf m3 yet?
Not yet. Hopefully soon
Old 11-01-2008, 05:38 PM   #25
bm3r

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSpired View Post
Not yet. Hopefully soon
haha sweet, take some clear footage

so you switched from AA to VF and made a considerable amount of more WHP? Im thinking of getting a s/c, I am currently fully n/a with everything except cams. New clutch and flywheel also. What exactly does the VF stage 2 entail? I read that stage 3, you would need a thicker head gasket? will that be expensive in labor time?

TIA!-JR
Old 11-01-2008, 06:19 PM   #26
docwyte

My Ride: '89 944 Turbo
For stage 3 you need a thicker head gasket, however VF hasn't released that yet. What most people are doing is getting the T trim blower for a stage 2+ package. You don't need the thicker head gasket for that...

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/signaturepics/sigpic14767_1.gif
docwyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 06:34 PM   #27
bm3r

Quote:
Originally Posted by docwyte View Post
For stage 3 you need a thicker head gasket, however VF hasn't released that yet. What most people are doing is getting the T trim blower for a stage 2+ package. You don't need the thicker head gasket for that...
oh ok that makes sense, so the + in stage 2 is the t trim blower? how much more is it?
Old 11-01-2008, 10:43 PM   #28
docwyte

My Ride: '89 944 Turbo
Contact VF...

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/signaturepics/sigpic14767_1.gif
docwyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 11:14 PM   #29
OCswedishM3

My Ride: E63 AMG
Quote:
Call up VF and talk to Nik or Sean
Hey congrats on the new kit. More power is always fun. So i bet you can't wait till the thicker gasket upgrade and tune comes out so you can turn up the boost some more. That is an option i do like about the VF kit. Now u can run drew and not be so pissed off...
Old 11-01-2008, 11:36 PM   #30
HPFMTRE

My Ride: HPF stage 3 M3
Quote:
Not yet. Hopefully soon
we will run soon bro...either is vegas or mexico hehe. cant wait to see your new beast in action!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeRzErKaS View Post
wat?? guys with turbo M3's don't have woman troubles...

try adjusting your wastegate
HPF Stage 3 #001

R35 GTR coming soon ;)
HPFMTRE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 05:39 AM   #31
SHIFTVQ35

My Ride: 03 Maxima
I wonder if Mspired will be a notch on hpfmtre kill list? lol

Should be interesting post vids when you can guys.
Old 11-16-2008, 12:49 AM   #32
brusso

My Ride: 02 M3 Steel Gray
Send a message via Yahoo to brusso
Congrats on the new set up man. You have to swing by the shop and take me for a ride.....
Old 11-16-2008, 01:08 PM   #33
MSpired

Send a message via AIM to MSpired Send a message via MSN to MSpired Send a message via Yahoo to MSpired
Quote:
Originally Posted by brusso View Post
Congrats on the new set up man. You have to swing by the shop and take me for a ride.....
Thanks bro. For sure, hit me up sometime.
Old 11-17-2008, 08:37 PM   #34
bmw m3 s50

My Ride: bmw m3
Quote:
Thanks bro. For sure, hit me up sometime.
Hey do you know when stage 3 is coming out? I heard from VF that it should be out by the end of this year? Any word on power outputs?
bmw m3 s50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 09:27 PM   #35
MSpired

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw m3 s50 View Post
Hey do you know when stage 3 is coming out? I heard from VF that it should be out by the end of this year? Any word on power outputs?
Don't know when it will be released. Power output should be around 550rwhp on pump and 600 on race.
Old 11-24-2008, 09:39 AM   #36
popmyclutch

My Ride: 2001 M3
sick setup dude. props on the numbers too. hopefully i can boost soon....im getting too jealous

Mods:
Matte Black Kidney and Side grills
Smoked Corners
K&N Intake
Miesterchaft Exhaust
Rogue Engineering SSK w/ WSR
F&R Drilled & Slotted Rotors w/ ceramic pads
TMS Under Drive Pulleys

Next on the list:
Hamann Front Lip
Matte Black CSL style wheels
PSS10 Coilovers
popmyclutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 11:39 AM   #37
bm3r

any vids yet vs any hpf m3's?
Old 11-27-2008, 01:32 AM   #38
SC98MaximaSE

My Ride: is still a NISSAN
congrads on the great numbers. i believe i have seen your car a few times in the valley area judgin by your SN.....

T trim is where its at, Im upgrading to that soon
SC98MaximaSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 11:07 AM   #39
Bdave

My Ride: M3 HPF Stage 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaZaM3 View Post
Congrats, hope you are happy with your decision!!!

Look at that size difference, i am still proud of the rotrex. Making 503rwhp (9.5psi with a slipping belt) 3 years ago with AA's kit, hot weather with 100 oct from the gas station, i have no reason to believe there should'nt have been a difference you felt like this.

Get that meth on, i dont know if i trust 11.5 psi on pump with no meth.
Hey Taza, I saw your car at AA a few months ago when I was getting a headers and software install a few months ago. ..On MY Imola Red M 'vert.

I love those guys down there but they do not seem to want to push their S/C HP at all. They are throwing guys out on the street all day with 430-450 RWHP and saying they should be happy with that. i DONT MEAN HP measured on their Mustang Dyno either.

I LIVE and drive daily in Fort Lauderdale all year round in our constant heat. Why hasnt AA gone to water to air inter cooling?
BTW, are the VFE's S/C (Vortex) more noisy than the Rotrex? I am not too worried, but that sounds like the ONLY minus unless you just happpen to live so far away from VFE.

I want to work with AA but they dont even offer a meth kit(stock anyways) either (Iso propyl only) They are feeling the pinch of the economic downturn. They better get on the stick or guys like me living only a few miles away are going to use VFE from the West Coast. I just dont understand this.

I dont think I am hijacking this thread. I know the OP did not intend on having this as a VS thread, but he brought up some issues that make my blood boil.
i WANT AA to be more competitive, run cooler, have more HP and torque.
Why in the heck cant they?

Oh, to the OP: Congrats man. Gutsy move to rip out an expensive system and be so sure you would do sso much better with VFE. This post SHOULD make VFE very happy. What puzzles me, posts like this dont seem to phase AA. I think it is time AA ought to wake up and smell the bacon and coffee cooking on their manifold...

EDIT: My limited dealings with AA have been extremely positive. Their work on MY NA project was great. I am just concerned that they dont have a system that meets my needs. (500plus RWHP and COOOOL!)

Last edited by Bdave; 11-27-2008 at 09:26 PM.
Bdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 12:55 PM   #40
lrinco01

My Ride: 01HPF Stg2 M3, 11'X5
Send a message via Yahoo to lrinco01 Send a message via Skype™ to lrinco01
Wink Damn, hit it right on AA nose

[QUOTE=Bdave;8971456]Hey Taza, I saw your car at AA a few months ago when I was getting a headers and software install a few months ago. ..On MY Imola Red M 'vert.

I love those guys down there but they do not seem to want to push their S/C HP at all. They are throwing guys out on the street all day with 430-450 RWHP and saying they should be happy with that. i DONT MEAN HP measured on their Mustang Dyno either.

I LIVE and drive daily in Fort Lauderdale all year round in our constant heat. Why hasnt AA gone to water to air inter cooling?
BTW, are the VFE's S/C (Vortex) more noisy than the Rotrex? I am not too worried, but that sounds like the ONLY minus unless you just happpen to live so far away from VFE.

I want to work with AA but they dont even offer a meth kit(stock anyways) either (Iso propyl only) They are feeling the pinch of the economic downturn. They better get on the stick or guys like me living only a few miles away are going to use VFE from the West Coast. I just dont understand this.
I dont think I am hijacking this thread. I know the OP did not intend on having this as a VS thread, but he brought up some issues that make my blood boil.
i WANT AA to be more competitive, run cooler, have more HP and torque.
Why in the heck cant they?

Oh, to the OP: Congrats man. Gutsy move to rip out an expensive system and be so sure you would do sso much better with VFE. This post SHOULD make VFE very happy. What puzzles me, posts like this dont seem to phase AA. I think it is time AA ought to wake up and smell the bacon and coffee cooking on their manifold...

EDIT: My limited dealings with AA have been extremely positive. Their work on MY NA project was great. I am just concerned that they dont have a system that meets my needs. (500plus RWHP and COOOOL!)[/QUOTE]

Bdave, I could not have said it better myself.

my limited dealings with jean have been great but i was getting the same feeling.
I have been in Iraq several years but am out of Columbus, Ga since early 07 which is 8.5 hrs away from my dad and AA in miami plus, i found out the owners are from my lovely wife's country so i was like but after some research i came to realize you hit that 500 rwhp mark with the VFE stg2 kit faster and at less money then with an AA Gen3 stg3

so i figured maybe it needs the right combo of other factors within the car i.e weight reduction, suspension stiffning,exhaust upgrade,lwfw/clutch, ssk/dssr but from what i am reading all that investment is???

I like AA for several reasons the main being location but it does feel like they are doing a DINAN and staying relatively safe as aposed to pushing the envelope.

if any of this is true, dissapionted I will be for the hard-earned money i have Invested. i get back from Iraq for good in 3 weeks. that is when i will be able to see 4 myself if there is a way to push the AA SC kit to where it is competitive with VFE stg2
HPF Stg.2 on the new Pt6766 Turbo/ Open Dump/ AA Lightweight flywheel/ Aggressive Tune good for 661 RWHP!

2012 X5D 3.5i - Family hauler
2000 323ci - work in progress - wife's D/D
2010 Toyota Tundra 5.7L LTD, Fully optioned up......soon TRD supercharged

FOR SALE:
http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=727953
lrinco01 is offline   Reply With Quote