E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke

Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke
Discuss supercharging, turbocharging and even nitrous and water injection here.
Sponsored by Active Autowerke

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-27-2008, 09:02 PM   #41
Bdave

My Ride: M3 HPF Stage 3
[QUOTE=lrinco01;8971797]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bdave View Post
Hey Taza, I saw your car at AA a few months ago when I was getting a headers and software install a few months ago. ..On MY Imola Red M 'vert.

I love those guys down there but they do not seem to want to push their S/C HP at all. They are throwing guys out on the street all day with 430-450 RWHP and saying they should be happy with that. i DONT MEAN HP measured on their Mustang Dyno either.

I LIVE and drive daily in Fort Lauderdale all year round in our constant heat. Why hasnt AA gone to water to air inter cooling?
BTW, are the VFE's S/C (Vortex) more noisy than the Rotrex? I am not too worried, but that sounds like the ONLY minus unless you just happpen to live so far away from VFE.

I want to work with AA but they dont even offer a meth kit(stock anyways) either (Iso propyl only) They are feeling the pinch of the economic downturn. They better get on the stick or guys like me living only a few miles away are going to use VFE from the West Coast. I just dont understand this.
I dont think I am hijacking this thread. I know the OP did not intend on having this as a VS thread, but he brought up some issues that make my blood boil.
i WANT AA to be more competitive, run cooler, have more HP and torque.
Why in the heck cant they?

Oh, to the OP: Congrats man. Gutsy move to rip out an expensive system and be so sure you would do sso much better with VFE. This post SHOULD make VFE very happy. What puzzles me, posts like this dont seem to phase AA. I think it is time AA ought to wake up and smell the bacon and coffee cooking on their manifold...

EDIT: My limited dealings with AA have been extremely positive. Their work on MY NA project was great. I am just concerned that they dont have a system that meets my needs. (500plus RWHP and COOOOL!)[/QUOTE]

Bdave, I could not have said it better myself.

my limited dealings with jean have been great but i was getting the same feeling.
I have been in Iraq several years but am out of Columbus, Ga since early 07 which is 8.5 hrs away from my dad and AA in miami plus, i found out the owners are from my lovely wife's country so i was like but after some research i came to realize you hit that 500 rwhp mark with the VFE stg2 kit faster and at less money then with an AA Gen3 stg3

so i figured maybe it needs the right combo of other factors within the car i.e weight reduction, suspension stiffning,exhaust upgrade,lwfw/clutch, ssk/dssr but from what i am reading all that investment is???

I like AA for several reasons the main being location but it does feel like they are doing a DINAN and staying relatively safe as aposed to pushing the envelope.

if any of this is true, dissapionted I will be for the hard-earned money i have Invested. i get back from Iraq for good in 3 weeks. that is when i will be able to see 4 myself if there is a way to push the AA SC kit to where it is competitive with VFE stg2
Thanks for serving. I have a few decorations from the sand box for my service in our unsung FOURTH branch of the military.
Yes, I have been to Jamaica many times. Everyone at AA loved the jerk pork and chicken I brought, lol.

I feel your pain Irinco, but I cant see what is conservative about running COOLER. Heat is power, but only up to a point where it becomes a liability.
I see cooler as more conservative.
AA did try to use the ASA blower. It gave a "free" 40 more ft/bls of torque...for a few grand more..LOL

I DO like AA's software. I think their software is highly underrated.
They sure can set up a car to handle all that power, but so can I.
I think i am going to email Jean (he is their web guy) the link to this thread and have to see what he can post as a reply. Hear that Jean? Coming at you. Fair is fair. Like I said, I WANT AA to step up. Great guys.

Last edited by Bdave; 11-27-2008 at 09:26 PM.
Bdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 01:39 AM   #42
lrinco01

My Ride: 01HPF Stg2 M3, 11'X5
Send a message via Yahoo to lrinco01 Send a message via Skype™ to lrinco01
no sweat Bdave,

yeah jean from AA has been very patient and informative with me thus far this past year. i hope my relationship changes for the better with them in the coming year because i have plans i must exacute the sooner the better with my M3 so i can focus on my X6

maybe i can hit 534rwhp with an AA kit ;-) cause i am not sure if anyone notices but the OP (Mspired) is verbally shyttin all over AA with every thread where the conversation is about VFE & AA and ultimately its his truth he is sharing. i am sure there are AA kits out there that pull on VFE stg 2.5 but they must NOT be on the west coast.
HPF Stg.2 on the new Pt6766 Turbo/ Open Dump/ AA Lightweight flywheel/ Aggressive Tune good for 661 RWHP!

2012 X5D 3.5i - Family hauler
2000 323ci - work in progress - wife's D/D
2010 Toyota Tundra 5.7L LTD, Fully optioned up......soon TRD supercharged

FOR SALE:
http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=727953

Last edited by lrinco01; 11-28-2008 at 01:46 AM. Reason: Forgotten Info
lrinco01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 04:26 AM   #43
lrinco01

My Ride: 01HPF Stg2 M3, 11'X5
Send a message via Yahoo to lrinco01 Send a message via Skype™ to lrinco01
Mspired,

Do you have a Lwfw?
DSSR?
SSK?
Headers?
if so, which do you or have you had?

I am trying to find out if headers coupled with a lwfw and a good clutch set up will make the difference in throttle responce. a ssk/dssr will just refine the shifting for quicker or crisper shifts which can contribute to more Roadkillz right?
HPF Stg.2 on the new Pt6766 Turbo/ Open Dump/ AA Lightweight flywheel/ Aggressive Tune good for 661 RWHP!

2012 X5D 3.5i - Family hauler
2000 323ci - work in progress - wife's D/D
2010 Toyota Tundra 5.7L LTD, Fully optioned up......soon TRD supercharged

FOR SALE:
http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=727953
lrinco01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 09:16 PM   #44
Bdave

My Ride: M3 HPF Stage 3
I emailed Jean and alerteds him to this thread. I want to hear his respnse. He emailed me back saying he wpould post.

Air to water intercooler, bigger blower. MORE COOLER AIR!
I want to see this.
Bdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 09:27 AM   #45
Jean@ActiveAutowerke
Genius

My Ride: Super/Turbochargers
Send a message via AIM to Jean@ActiveAutowerke Send a message via MSN to Jean@ActiveAutowerke
MSpired,

Congrats on the numbers.

Our kits have been and still are the Flagship kits to have in the BMW Community. Our kits represent reliability and performance. We are in a very competitive market which is constantly moving forward. We are always working on upgrades and new products to satisfy your needs, the enthusiasts.

There is much research to be made on our kits, going back to the E36 crowd. We are the only company still developing products for those models. We do not require funding or deposits to do so... Being an enthusiast myself i would not want to purchase an unfinished product with unfulfilled promises.

In regards to the E46 M3 kits. We are constantly working on new things. However it is not our style to offer .5 kits to sway the market for a short period of time. I will only release our newest projects when I am satisfied with them and they are ready to ship. No empty promises.

Here are a few links to customers with our Rotrex kits pushing a bit more:
http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=237649 , http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=236853
Just imagine what we are doing with our other kits/projects...

We have much more exciting things in the works.

For example all of our water alcohol kits will now come compatible with meth, no more water/alcohol unless you chose to run that over meth.

The great news is all of our current kits will be upgrade able. Contact me for crazy specials this month on our Level 1 kits.

Please be patient, i will bring everything to light very soon.
Jean@ActiveAutowerke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 12:08 PM   #46
MSpired

My Ride: HPF Stage 2.5 e46 M3
Send a message via AIM to MSpired Send a message via MSN to MSpired Send a message via Yahoo to MSpired
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean@ActiveAutowerke View Post
MSpired,

Congrats on the numbers.

Our kits have been and still are the Flagship kits to have in the BMW Community. Our kits represent reliability and performance. We are in a very competitive market which is constantly moving forward. We are always working on upgrades and new products to satisfy your needs, the enthusiasts.

There is much research to be made on our kits, going back to the E36 crowd. We are the only company still developing products for those models. We do not require funding or deposits to do so... Being an enthusiast myself i would not want to purchase an unfinished product with unfulfilled promises.

In regards to the E46 M3 kits. We are constantly working on new things. However it is not our style to offer .5 kits to sway the market for a short period of time. I will only release our newest projects when I am satisfied with them and they are ready to ship. No empty promises.
You really shouldn't be speaking of empty promises, as you personally have made them.

VF never promises or even hinted towards a stage 2.5 kit. It came about through testing for there soon to be released stage 3 kit and a select few lucky people happen to be running the stage 2.5.

Empty promises? How about your turbo "kits". Or the ASA kit? $5k to get a ANOTHER blower that is nearly maxed out and gain no horsepower? I would consider that an empty promise if I was waiting for that kit.

Empty promises? How about letting members believe they could achieve the numbers Vik and Loren have made from your kit, while knowing they were running 11psi? That empty promise actually hit home, as I bought my AA kit thinking I would make the numbers they made, but had to later find out it was by over spinning the Rotrex, voiding the warranty, and having to run on race fuel. All of which you guys at AA were completely aware of and failed to inform the public.

Quote:
http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=237649 , http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=236853

For example all of our water alcohol kits will now come compatible with meth, no more water/alcohol unless you chose to run that over meth.

The great news is all of our current kits will be upgrade able. Contact me for crazy specials this month on our Level 1 kits.

What a desperate act to advertise within this thread.

Last edited by MSpired; 12-02-2008 at 12:12 PM.
MSpired is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 01:06 PM   #47
Jean@ActiveAutowerke
Genius

My Ride: Super/Turbochargers
Send a message via AIM to Jean@ActiveAutowerke Send a message via MSN to Jean@ActiveAutowerke
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSpired View Post
You really shouldn't be speaking of empty promises, as you personally have made them.

VF never promises or even hinted towards a stage 2.5 kit. It came about through testing for there soon to be released stage 3 kit and a select few lucky people happen to be running the stage 2.5.

Empty promises? How about your turbo "kits". Or the ASA kit? $5k to get a ANOTHER blower that is nearly maxed out and gain no horsepower? I would consider that an empty promise if I was waiting for that kit.

Empty promises? How about letting members believe they could achieve the numbers Vik and Loren have made from your kit, while knowing they were running 11psi? That empty promise actually hit home, as I bought my AA kit thinking I would make the numbers they made, but had to later find out it was by over spinning the Rotrex, voiding the warranty, and having to run on race fuel. All of which you guys at AA were completely aware of and failed to inform the public.

What a desperate act to advertise within this thread.
ASA was only advertised after we had it running, although some info leaked. Our older kits are upgrade able.

Turbo kits were not promised. We were always on the fence with the turbo system even after TK's car. We decided not to release it.

There are plenty of cars with the same setup as those two...

Jean@ActiveAutowerke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 01:45 PM   #48
Omar@ActiveAutowerke
Past Site Sponsor

My Ride: Prototype BMW's
Dear Irinco and BDave,

I am not sure if you guys have a complete understanding of the S54 and the tuning options available. Please feel free to contact me directly @ 1800.830.8596 or 305.233.9300.

Mspired - You were never mislead until now and it was not by anyone from AA. You can call me if you would like to talk about it further.

Regards,
Omar@ActiveAutowerke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 01:56 PM   #49
wlmmn

My Ride: 02 330ci+05AudiAllro
Sponsors take quite a beating on E46Fanatics, don't they?
Old 12-02-2008, 02:00 PM   #50
Omar@ActiveAutowerke
Past Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by wlmmn View Post
Sponsors take quite a beating on E46Fanatics, don't they?
, Its rough but it could be worst. At the end of the day we are here to make the BMW enthusiast happy. In the long run we will still be there, it wont be another episode like what some of the E36 guys had to go through...
Old 12-02-2008, 03:55 PM   #51
bigjae1976

My Ride: A car
Send a message via MSN to bigjae1976
Active Autowerke is well-known for reliability and are one of the leaders in the market on par with Dinan. This is a valuable characteristic for those who rely on their cars as daily transportation.

Although I've had my issues, I still love my AA kit.
bigjae1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 04:03 PM   #52
Omar@ActiveAutowerke
Past Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjae1976 View Post
Active Autowerke is well-known for reliability and are one of the leaders in the market on par with Dinan. This is a valuable characteristic for those who rely on their cars as daily transportation.

Although I've had my issues, I still love my AA kit.

Thanks.

Old 12-02-2008, 04:56 PM   #53
Saintly

My Ride: ....
I was thinking sweet, hoping to read about Mspired making more power, but not so. The only thing I want to clarify is that ALL my power, 1/4 mile times are with their standard 9psi, difference is custom tune and race fuel. I have not been back or dyno'd since running 11psi+. Let's not turn this into a vendor based thrashing thread and let's get back onto Mspired's 533rwhp achievement and his goal for 600rwhp or bust

Gone to new home:-
Fastest ET 11.41@126.09mph
Highest MPH 129.49mph
Highest HP 631rwhp Dynodynamics
Saintly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 12:32 AM   #54
Forcefed M3

My Ride: HPF Stage 2.75
Quote:
MSpired,

Congrats on the numbers.

Flagship??? this is all I have to say about that..
Old 12-10-2008, 02:26 AM   #55
Nik@vf-engineering
Past Site Sponsor

My Ride: '03 540i sport 6spd
Mspired - glad to read that you are getting closer to your goal with our off-the-shelf kit. Now that you have removed your little pea-shooter, you can run with the big boys! In some situations "size matters". The bigger the blower, the greater the air flow volume. Its simple science -a picure tells a 1000 words. Look at the picture and just ask yourself "How can the smaller Rotrex unit possibly perform as well the larger Vortech?"

The AA Rotrex based kit was a good kit back in the day when it was designed approx 6 years ago, but the today, more modern VF Vortech based kit is the way to go.

Last edited by Nik@vf-engineering; 12-10-2008 at 02:33 AM.
Nik@vf-engineering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 02:38 AM   #56
1badsky

My Ride: e46
1badsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 09:40 AM   #57
BMWDEMON

My Ride: E90 M3 & 05 E46 M3
Send a message via AIM to BMWDEMON
no pun intended but I may be inspired to keep the car and upgrade the power!
BMWDEMON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 02:54 PM   #58
MSpired

My Ride: HPF Stage 2.5 e46 M3
Send a message via AIM to MSpired Send a message via MSN to MSpired Send a message via Yahoo to MSpired
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nik@vf-engineering View Post
Mspired - glad to read that you are getting closer to your goal with our off-the-shelf kit. Now that you have removed your little pea-shooter, you can run with the big boys! In some situations "size matters". The bigger the blower, the greater the air flow volume. Its simple science -a picure tells a 1000 words. Look at the picture and just ask yourself "How can the smaller Rotrex unit possibly perform as well the larger Vortech?"

The AA Rotrex based kit was a good kit back in the day when it was designed approx 6 years ago, but the today, more modern VF Vortech based kit is the way to go.

Besides the blower, the bracket and rear "brace" aren't strong rigid enough, even for the small supercharger; that's why a lot of AA cars have belt slippage and the noisy cricket noise. AA's rear brace is a joek if you ask me, very poor design that was an after thought.

VF's bracket, while holding a much larger supercharger is ROCK solid, and the rear brace is a one piece solid design that works very well.
Old 12-10-2008, 03:13 PM   #59
Forcefed M3

My Ride: HPF Stage 2.75
great I now have super charger envy.
Old 12-10-2008, 06:54 PM   #60
ObsessedM3

My Ride: 13 M3C
Quote:
MSpired,

Congrats on the numbers.

Jean,

You are forgetting the most important thing about selling to the public, is relationships and customer service. The product that you sell if fine, but the service their needs to shape up. Its a matter of days before I can even get an email back from AA, until I had to get nasty in my emails.

I understand everyone is busy (well not in todays market) but that seems to be the crutch that Active uses on a regular basis.

.5 on swaying the market--Chris (HPF) and Nik (VF) have only responded to what customers wants and needs. Call it stage whatever, but its responding to the end users request to be supplied more power and better service. Do you also understand that when these other companies offer these .5 kits, they already sold them great service and they will NEVER leave? You guys are missing the boat here.

I would pull every staff member aside and tell them that customer services is the backbone of our business. Word will get around again, but for now people are jumping ship because of Chris and Nik unbelievable ability to establish a relationship with their customers.

Last edited by ObsessedM3; 12-10-2008 at 06:56 PM.
ObsessedM3 is offline   Reply With Quote