E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > General E46 Forum

General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-30-2008, 05:02 PM   #1
jcns

My Ride: California
door lock

I have a 2001 325ci and the door lock stopped working properly. It does not lock remotely, but it locks remotely. It does open with the key (old-school insert and turn method).

I would like to have an idea of what the problem may be before I tear it all apart.

Any and all help appreciated.
jcns is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 10-30-2008, 05:10 PM   #2
Toxic0n

My Ride: E46 M3 6MT
Does the central locking button work to unlock it? Check out bmwgm5.com for the symptoms and see if they match yours

Ground Control Street/School coilovers, 19" HRE 441R wheels, ACS exhaust
2DIN touchscreen carputer, Bimmian CF E-brake handle, Titanium CF Trim, Illuminated ZHP knob, BMW Performance SSK, 2-way Compustar
Clear turn signals, LED license plate lights, LED tails, 3000k HID fogs, angel eyes, matte grills, CF Emblems etc
Toxic0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 10:53 AM   #3
jcns

My Ride: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic0n View Post
Does the central locking button work to unlock it? Check out bmwgm5.com for the symptoms and see if they match yours

Yes, the central locking button works partially. It will lock and unlock the passenger door, but it will not lock/unlock the driver's door.

Is it the actuator or the GM5?
jcns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 11:05 AM   #4
TxTorqueMade

My Ride: 330i
Send a message via Yahoo to TxTorqueMade
There is a procedure to reset your key signal or something. I had that happen to mine and I found it on here using
Old 11-02-2008, 02:26 PM   #5
Toxic0n

My Ride: E46 M3 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcns View Post
Yes, the central locking button works partially. It will lock and unlock the passenger door, but it will not lock/unlock the driver's door.

Is it the actuator or the GM5?
Sounds like the driver's door actuator....

Ground Control Street/School coilovers, 19" HRE 441R wheels, ACS exhaust
2DIN touchscreen carputer, Bimmian CF E-brake handle, Titanium CF Trim, Illuminated ZHP knob, BMW Performance SSK, 2-way Compustar
Clear turn signals, LED license plate lights, LED tails, 3000k HID fogs, angel eyes, matte grills, CF Emblems etc
Toxic0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 11:52 PM   #6
frenchym3

My Ride: E46, E70, 86' 911
Send a message via ICQ to frenchym3
Quote:
Originally Posted by TxTorqueMade View Post
There is a procedure to reset your key signal or something. I had that happen to mine and I found it on here using
Can anyone point me to this "reset"? I tried finding it, but no luck.
One of my car is a 2001 325i and I started having the same issue recently. Sometimes the remote works, but I have to stand there for a minute and keep pressing it, it works once in a while. Also, my doors don't lock as I start driving, they used always lock once I went over 10 mph or something like that.Thanks!
Old 04-17-2015, 02:11 PM   #7
jgreenwood2

My Ride: 2001 BMW 325I
I am having trouble with my locks. All my locks work perfect except for my driver door. It doesn't lock! Can anyone help with this this!
jgreenwood2 is offline   Reply With Quote