E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Gun Talk

Gun Talk
Are you a gun fanatic as well? If so, you'll want to talk to other owners about what you own in this forum.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-02-2008, 05:08 PM   #41
Allure
Banned

My Ride: Is Slower Than Yours
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3LTDOWN View Post
And forget about anything if Obama is elected.
I hope he is, I don't want people running around with AK's in America.
Allure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 05:26 PM   #42
xkrnxnamjahx

My Ride: E46 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stankia View Post
I hope he is, I don't want people running around with AK's in America.
We already do.

xkrnxnamjahx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 05:26 PM   #43
BimmerPhan

My Ride: -
Home defense: get a shotgun and buck shot
If you want a fun shooting/rifle, I would get the AK NOW! If gun laws change, those will be on the list you can guarantee-plus it's getting harder to buy them because less are being imported and most are made out of the US. If you want good bang for the buck, look into converting a Saiga 7.62X39 sporter rifle yourself (300 for gun, 150 for parts to convert):there are instructions online and you'll have a reliable Russian-made AK. Or the Yugoslavian models are good for the money.

AR15 .223 ammo is a lot more expensive than AK ammo...I just picked up AK ammo (7.62x39) for $150 for 1000 rounds at Academy sports recently. BUY AMMO NOW! I think the Dems will try to restrict ammo and no ammo makes your gun a club if you can't shoot it.
BimmerPhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 05:37 PM   #44
SD 328I

My Ride: S197, E90, and 1125R
Quote:
Originally Posted by russ330 View Post
How the heck does that work? If you can't remove the magazine how do you add rounds in there? Slide them through the ejection port or something?
You pull the take-down pin and pivot the rifle open, just like you would if you were going to remove the bolt or clean it.

The top of the magazine is now exposed, and you can add rounds. It isn't a big deal, but instead of having magazines ready to shoot, you have to take time to reload after every 10 rounds.

They sell AK and AR kits that remove the pistol grip and changes it to a traditional shotgun/rifle hand grip. You can then have removable 10 round magazines.

My AR has a special magazine release button that locks with an allen key. When you lock it, the magazine cannot be removed and keeps the AR Cali legal. If I unlock the button, it becomes a normal magazine release button.
Old 11-02-2008, 06:07 PM   #45
russ330
Mod Squad

My Ride: Motorsport III
Send a message via AIM to russ330
^Ahh... didn't even think of that, I guess that's not too much of a PITA. Just gotta be careful when the upper receiver swings down, I've seen folks almost hit themselves in the face.
Old 11-02-2008, 07:30 PM   #46
Allure
Banned

My Ride: Is Slower Than Yours
Quote:
Originally Posted by xkrnxnamjahx View Post
We already do.
Not for long.
Allure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 07:38 PM   #47
DinanBMW330

My Ride: 330ci
Send a message via AIM to DinanBMW330
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stankia View Post
Not for long.
There's no way the government could ever peacefully restrict weapons that people already own. You just wouldn't be able to buy any more of what the media calls "assault rifles" like ARs and AKs anymore. (Even though most hunting rifles are MUCH more powerful)..but I digress.

Anyway, Obama will be bad news for those who are a fan of the 2nd amendment, and we will see more purchase restrictions on guns and ammo.

Andrew.

DinanBMW330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 07:48 PM   #48
xtestifyx

My Ride: lol wut?
I say check out the SLR 105 made by Arsenal. They shoot 5.45 x 39 Rounds and don't go through walls to kill people. There are also 5.56 NATO shooting SLR 107 if you prefer that round

http://www.arsenalinc.com/slr105a1.htm
xtestifyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 08:13 PM   #49
Rush4theYehO

My Ride: XI fts(now)
OMG, anyone who wants to know something about firearms needs to completely disregard page 2. That page had some of the most incorrect information strewn all over it. Just because you saw in COD4 or CS does not mean its true.

Jeezus, I'm a supporter of the 2nd amendment, but damn some people should not have guns for their own sakes.
Rush4theYehO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 08:16 PM   #50
MTreyM

My Ride: MTrey, E60
I just buy from the black market. Banana clips and all......why not
Old 11-05-2008, 04:20 PM   #51
bpk1

My Ride: 37 chevy
Well, he has been elected, so buy up while you can. Even if he doesnt ban weapons, be it semi-autos/handguns/whatever else, I can be pretty sure he'll figure out another way to make it much harder for people to get a gun. Prepare for a major tax hike in ammo, gun cost, licensing etc.
bpk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 04:21 PM   #52
VillanovaGrad

My Ride: M3 M5 X3
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpk1 View Post
Well, he has been elected, so buy up while you can. Even if he doesnt ban weapons, be it semi-autos/handguns/whatever else, I can be pretty sure he'll figure out another way to make it much harder for people to get a gun. Prepare for a major tax hike in ammo, gun cost, licensing etc.
it wont fly in texas nor FL
VillanovaGrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 04:28 PM   #53
DinanBMW330

Was in a local gun store today, and he was telling me some of the proposals by Obama.

500% tax on the cost of ammo (not necessarily the retail price)
Permit required to be able to buy a gun wiht a 30 day expiration (pre-clearance for preclearance)
Limit on # of guns to purchase per year
New AWB

Andrew.

Old 11-05-2008, 04:37 PM   #54
russ330
Mod Squad

My Ride: Motorsport III
Send a message via AIM to russ330
Quote:
Originally Posted by DinanBMW330 View Post
Was in a local gun store today, and he was telling me some of the proposals by Obama.

500% tax on the cost of ammo (not necessarily the retail price)
Permit required to be able to buy a gun wiht a 30 day expiration (pre-clearance for preclearance)
Limit on # of guns to purchase per year
New AWB
You can 100% count on guys at a gun store to have all the facts on hand about Obama's gun proposals.

This might be something you want to check on yourself before you spend thousands getting whatever before Obama's "plan" comes to fruition. This scare tactic would be a GREAT way to drum up a lot of immediate business.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VillanovaGrad View Post
it wont fly in texas nor FL
What can they do about it?

Speaking in extremes here, what if Obama says one gun per household and that's IT, what exactly could those two states do prevent it?
Old 11-05-2008, 04:41 PM   #55
DinanBMW330

Quote:
Originally Posted by russ330 View Post
You can 100% count on guys at a gun store to have all the facts on hand about Obama's gun proposals.

This might be something you want to check on yourself before you spend thousands getting whatever before Obama's "plan" comes to fruition. This scare tactic would be a GREAT way to drum up a lot of immediate business.

What can they do about it?

Speaking in extremes here, what if Obama says one gun per household and that's IT, what exactly could those two states do prevent it?

Point well taken. I definitely see the conflict of interest there. But this guy wasn't even trying to sell me anything, he's more of a friend. Even told me other places to look for AKs, since he couldnt get any. Suggested I reload my own ammo as well. But either way, I see what you're saying.

Regardless....its not going to be friendly times for gun owners....that much can be guaranteed

Andrew.

Old 11-05-2008, 04:44 PM   #56
SLVR JDM

My Ride: reclining rear seats
Buy and stock up on ammo while you can. I just picked up my Russian Saiga AK47 last week and I'm glad I did. Prices and demand are going up by the day. AK will be your best bet in terms of price of the rifle and ammo, also outstandingly reliable. AR (which I plan to buy) are nice, but more costly and can be a little more finicky.

I'm eyeing a Rock River Arms variant myself, but there are already 6-8 month backorders for those. So I might need to grab one from a shop if I see they have them in stock. Right now I think it would be a great idea to stock up on ammo. Prices have been going up there too.

** Removed **
SLVR JDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 05:00 PM   #57
bpk1

My Ride: 37 chevy
Stocking up on ammo, and getting set up to reload your own ammo is probably a great idea... It may not be the first issue he deals with come his inauguration but it will be an issue once he has been in the White House for a year or so I think. But he also can't afford to piss alot of people off or to mess up.
bpk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 02:49 AM   #58
E92M

My Ride: '08 ZCP M3 | '03 R6
Bump. The Denver Gun Show is tomorrow! ( www.tannergunshow.com )

I'm planning on going to this tomorrow morning or Sunday. I'll be keeping my eye out for a respectably priced Sagai or an Arsenal.

I'm in the market for a similar style shooter: A range gun, lesser end $$$ shooting rifle, plinking gun, cheap ammo (the consensus was 7.62 was the cheapest round FS?, right?)... etc.

I msg'd YehO about the show... hopefully he gets the message in time!
-Chris
Old 08-01-2009, 02:58 AM   #59
dmon_101

My Ride: has sexy fogs/shoes
Send a message via AIM to dmon_101
all hail the AWB, the single most useless piece of legislation in history!

Dealer Programmable Options | Projector Fogs FTW
There are a lot of Fs and too many Ks in the F/M/K scenario <- posted before I met my wife
To answer your question, it's something you can find by searching the forum or using Google
dmon_101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 03:09 AM   #60
s3th

My Ride: 05 330Ci ZHP
no i don't live in russia.

500px
s3th is offline   Reply With Quote