E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Suspension & Braking

Suspension & Braking
Have some questions about suspension or brake setups for your E46 BMW? Get all your answers here!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-06-2008, 06:58 AM   #1
jaeone

My Ride: 2000 323/2006 G35 co
Send a message via AIM to jaeone
Do I have sport suspension?

My girls car is a 2000 323 ci

Im looking to Put H&R race springs on it or the cup kit and i need to find out if it has the sport suspension..I have searched all over how to find out. Only thing have found is that all coupes have it. is this true?
jaeone is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 11-06-2008, 07:02 AM   #2
Snik
OEM ///Member

My Ride: IR M3 Vert.
yes.
Snik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 07:02 AM   #3
jaeone

My Ride: 2000 323/2006 G35 co
Send a message via AIM to jaeone
internetz rule... thanks
jaeone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 10:09 AM   #4
simsima325
'a certain moderator'

My Ride: Honda Civic
coupe = sport suspension.

on all non-zhp coupes it is the same.
Old 11-08-2008, 02:14 AM   #5
Chris@ModBargains
Past Site Sponsor

My Ride: E46 325Ci
I would suggest a full suspension spring/shock combo because of the year of the car. Most likely the shocks have not been replaced and and simply adding lowering springs will cause the shocks to fail faster than normal. If you're intersted in the Cup Kit or a coilover setup let me know. I'd be happy to help you out.

Chris@ModBargains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 02:40 AM   #6
33ZeroXi

My Ride: BMW 330XI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris@ModBargains View Post
I would suggest a full suspension spring/shock combo because of the year of the car. Most likely the shocks have not been replaced and and simply adding lowering springs will cause the shocks to fail faster than normal. If you're intersted in the Cup Kit or a coilover setup let me know. I'd be happy to help you out.

Im thinkin bout maybe putting in a cup kit... just wondering how much this will set me back havent really done much research yet
|AFE Intake|ZHP Shift Knob|Smoked Corners, Side Markers and Tails|Blacked Out Grill|Blacked Out Emblems|Umnitza Predator Orion V2 Angel Eyes|M3 Trunk Lip|Eibach Pro-Kit Springs|18" VMR GunMetal CSL Reps|CSL M3 Front Bumper|B&M SSK|Carbon Fiber Interior Trim|30% Tint|6000K Bulbs|ACS Roof Spoiler|Interior LEDs|

Hit the clutch, hit the gear, hit the gas & Im gone
33ZeroXi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 02:45 AM   #7
Chris@ModBargains
Past Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 33ZeroXi View Post
Im thinkin bout maybe putting in a cup kit... just wondering how much this will set me back havent really done much research yet
PM'ed
Old 11-08-2008, 02:53 AM   #8
treshfracks

My Ride: 325ci
hey chris, i'm looking to get this same setup for my car as well (as i just picked up some new wheels)

Let me know if this is the way to go:

i have an 02, 325ci vert (sports suspension)

the wheels i got: (BBS LM Reps)

-19x8.5 fronts - 235/35/19 tires (dunlop sportmaxx)
-19x9.5 rears - 265/30/19 tires (michelin pilot sportcups)

I really want to lower my car as much, w/o having the wheels rub too much. Do you think i can pass with the H&R Sports Cup kit also? Let me know what you think Chris.

(btw, the offset for the rears are +45 i think)
treshfracks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 03:01 AM   #9
Chris@ModBargains
Past Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by treshfracks View Post
hey chris, i'm looking to get this same setup for my car as well (as i just picked up some new wheels)

Let me know if this is the way to go:

i have an 02, 325ci vert (sports suspension)

the wheels i got: (BBS LM Reps)

-19x8.5 fronts - 235/35/19 tires (dunlop sportmaxx)
-19x9.5 rears - 265/30/19 tires (michelin pilot sportcups)

I really want to lower my car as much, w/o having the wheels rub too much. Do you think i can pass with the H&R Sports Cup kit also? Let me know what you think Chris.

(btw, the offset for the rears are +45 i think)
The Cup Kit is a great choice for those people that want a moderate drop.

If you want to go LOW I would suggest looking into coilovers as they have a greater range and will go much lower than a traditional shock/spring combo. I always recommend KW coilovers to customers because they have a superior build and GREAT ride quality. I have KW V1s on my car and love them. With a 9.5" rear and a 45mm offset with a 265 tire you might need to roll your fenders to maximize clearance to prevent rubbing. I have a few good shops in LA that can do that for you. KWs are more expensive than a Cup Kit, but you get height and in certain models damepning adjustability. You can go as high or as low as you want and adjust dampening for comfort. KWs have a lifetime warranty and have a long history with the M3 CSL and the Nurinburgring.

H&R Cup Kit

KW Coilovers

Let me know if I can help you out with anything.

Here's a picture of my car lowered on KW V1s
Old 11-08-2008, 03:22 AM   #10
treshfracks

My Ride: 325ci
that was a very FAST response, thanks Chris.

yah, i'd love to get those coilovers, but they're waaay over my budget.

i was looking to find a solution for under $1k, and the only one i can find is the cup kits, or maybe the eibach pro kits?

i just want a drop that i'll be satisfied with (since i've read many users complaning about how the HR Touring Cup Kit still looks stock height), so i figured maybe i'll gow ith the other HR Cup Kit w/ the race springs? -just worried a little bit on on the wheel rubbing with race springs.

either that, or another setup i was considering was the Koni FSD w/ ebiach springs, but i don't seem to see em on your website.

anyway, what would be the best, ideal solution for my situation?
treshfracks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 03:26 AM   #11
Chris@ModBargains
Past Site Sponsor

Quote:

i was looking to find a solution for under $1k, and the only one i can find is the cup kits, or maybe the eibach pro kits?

i just want a drop that i'll be satisfied with (since i've read many users complaning about how the HR Touring Cup Kit still looks stock height), so i figured maybe i'll gow ith the other HR Cup Kit w/ the race springs? -just worried a little bit on on the wheel rubbing with race springs.

either that, or another setup i was considering was the Koni FSD w/ ebiach springs, but i don't seem to see em on your website.

I totally understand what you're saying. Have you checked out our ST Coilovers? They're made by KW but just have a different outside coating, galvanized instead of stainless steel. Perfect for LA since you don't get any snow. They're $975 and are identical to the KW V1s.

ST Coilovers

We don't have the FSD/Eibach setup on our website. If you can wait until Monday I can get you a price when the office opens.
Old 11-08-2008, 03:30 AM   #12
Anub!s

My Ride: 330ci
Send a message via AIM to Anub!s Send a message via MSN to Anub!s Send a message via Yahoo to Anub!s
Quote:

look into the tein basic or the ST V1's. I think you can get both of them below $1k. Check some of the sponsor sites, and also contact sam@autotalent (santa monica) for pricing.